U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:07 PM

608 posts, read 794,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
''

want to make a bet? like making a t-shirt "that would say I am with stupid and a hand pointing at you" and have a friend wear it. standing right beside you. who ever loses puts it on profile? I mean its not time soon, but when you remember this youre going to grinn and say that sob was right..
lol
What!!! The majority of US citizens wouldn't take kindly to another wave of invaders from south of the border being given amnesty considering the current issues our nation faces. How will we as a nation employ and educate this mass of humanity when we struggle to do this for our own citizens? Also, why would the government attempt this considering the civil war raging in Mexico right now? Who will accept the fact that some of the illegals that would receive an amnesty may be convicts or even members of the Gulf cartel? Obama and his administration have already nearly cut their own throats with this stimulus bill/bailout plan that's begining to anger US citizens. If his administration attempted to push for an amnesty, he'd likely provoke many phone calls to congressional offices and perhaps even begin to stir up a nationwide revolution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 08:15 PM

365 posts, read 669,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And why must we compare aid given to other countries? Do we actually owe mexico any aid? What do they do for us that would rate any aid? Now make no mistake I am actually against any foreign aid especially now with our economy in the tank. In short we owe them NOTHING. They have been a long standing burden and a somewhat less than reliable friend. Let Mexico clean up its own back yard, and we should focus on cleaning up our own.
NationMaster - American Crime statistics
thats not the point Mexicos is not asking for anything and I am not saying we should. and its good that youre against foreign aid so am I, and in short youre right we dont owed them nothing no nobody

but when you said we should focus cleaning our own.
Drug offences 560.1 per 100,000 people

"world's largest consumer of cocaine (shipped from Colombia through Mexico and the Caribbean), Colombian heroin, and Mexican heroin and marijuana; major consumer of ecstasy and Mexican methamphetamine; minor consumer of high-quality Southeast Asian heroin; illicit producer of cannabis, marijuana, depressants, stimulants, hallucinogens, and methamphetamine; money-laundering center"
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/17/wo.../17israel.html

see youre not connecting the dots, dont you think Mexican officials get bribe to look the other way to bring the merchandise here. You think out of the blues Mexican narcos have a bunch of money of their own to actually pay for the bribing?

sample if we could establish order in the border by putting more ice officials and border patrol dont you think in the long run the consumption of drugs would drop to a reasonable not alarming rate? I can assure you that those 3 billion and thats just Israel JUST ISRAEL.....
would defenitely would help our neighborhood better in the long run
not some foreign land that really doesnt have to do nothing with us.

EurasiaNet Eurasia Insight - Afghanistan: How to Win the War on Drugs
read this article
america and her allies that are around 70,000 troops cannot stop the production of opium that feeds the alquaeda and taliban secret networks
what makes you think Mexico can do it handling a bigger country with more money involve?

its not about helping Mexico is about helping ourselves. were the ones wanting to consume it if we would not consume it, Mexico could attract more investment because of stability dont you think?

Old 03-27-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
What!!! The majority of US citizens wouldn't take kindly to another wave of invaders from south of the border being given amnesty considering the current issues our nation faces. How will we as a nation employ and educate this mass of humanity when we struggle to do this for our own citizens? Also, why would the government attempt this considering the civil war raging in Mexico right now? Who will accept the fact that some of the illegals that would receive an amnesty may be convicts or even members of the Gulf cartel? Obama and his administration have already nearly cut their own throats with this stimulus bill/bailout plan that's begining to anger US citizens. If his administration attempted to push for an amnesty, he'd likely provoke many phone calls to congressional offices and perhaps even begin to stir up a nationwide revolution.
look again I know where you coming from but we have built this mess since 1978 you think were going to solve it in a year or two? its a $#$(& tumor and its cancerous, you cant yank it out pretending there would not be consequences.
78,79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93,94 ,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09
if you can see all those years and we havent done nothing
then put on your thinking cap smith because this is going to be a bumpy ride.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
look again I know where you coming from but we have built this mess since 1978 you think were going to solve it in a year or two? its a $#$(& tumor and its cancerous, you cant yank it out pretending there would not be consequences.
78,79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93,94 ,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09
if you can see all those years and we havent done nothing
then put on your thinking cap smith because this is going to be a bumpy ride.
I'm willing to admit that this issue can't be solved quickly or easily, but it CAN be solved. Amnesty isn't the anwer as history has shown. Chances are, the other extreme of finding them all and returning them to their homeland won't work either. I don't have the answers, but I know what won't work. As far as the government doing nothing, that's very true. However, many citizens are working everyday to deter illegal immigration. (See groups such as the Minutemen, or check out the private citizens movement to build a border fence.) The true power of the USA is and has always been in its citizens, not its federal government. In the end, our citizens will decide the fate of this issue.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:27 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,731,216 times
Quote:
I'm willing to admit that this issue can't be solved quickly or easily, but it CAN be solved. Amnesty isn't the anwer as history has shown. Chances are, the other extreme of finding them all and returning them to their homeland won't work either. I don't have the answers, but I know what won't work. As far as the government doing nothing, that's very true. However, many citizens are working everyday to deter illegal immigration. (See groups such as the Minutemen, or check out the private citizens movement to build a border fence.) The true power of the USA is and has always been in its citizens, not its federal government. In the end, our citizens will decide the fate of this issue.
And how

Old 03-27-2009, 08:34 PM

I figure that the answer to your question is still being determined...If the economy grinds to a halt, watch citizens become angry over increased and unwanted competition for jobs and housing. Disenfranchised people tend to move to the extremes.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:37 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,731,216 times
Quote:
I figure that the answer to your question is still being determined...If the economy grinds to a halt, watch citizens become angry over increased and unwanted competition for jobs and housing. Disenfranchised people tend to move to the extremes.
That does worry me: suffice to say; I hope that the Obama Administration has the guts to face down the pro illegal crowd.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That does worry me: suffice to say; I hope that the Obama Administration has the guts to face down the pro illegal crowd.
It's not the PRO crowd he needs to worry about...If he wants four more years, he better change his ways before his ways change him!

Old 03-27-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
youre right just answer one question for me?
66% Of American Corporations Pay Zero Federal Income Tax. | My Two Dollars
http://online.wsj.com/public/resourc...2005200401.gif

top 20 percent of the population control the wealth of this country, and most of the corporations are pro-amnesty so are You saying were going to fight a class war soon? because to those corporations those illegals are like there modern slaves. so again its not going to be easy not at all
and while were in a class war here in the states.

1. europe would replace us as the worlds reserve currency.
2. our interest abroad would deminish.
3. china would dictate and embargo whoever they please if we dont
work with there trading policies.

nafta is not a coincedense I repeat, our politicians with mexican politicians
are working together to form a trading bloc, and I repeat Mexico buys more then all europe conbine.

so again if its a class war youre talking about then were in for a big ride, because I remmember macain, and obama, bush both talk about a reform and I did not see the american people formin a third party like under teddy roosevelt

so again if were going to be realistic about this as citezens we have to help in anyway to support our kids not to be druggies, singlemoms and in the longterm I can assure you that america will rise to what she was always meant to be. and that
is to
be
"the beacon of light on top of the hill"

Old 03-27-2009, 09:06 PM

I like your vision and your unwillingness to back down. I believe that America's potential can be reached at a later time just as you do. Here's how I see it in very basic ways...1.) Class warfare is usually what kicks off any revolution. Most US citizen make less than 40K per year, which won't easily keep the house or car paid for. Most large corperations love their Mexican "slave" labor; but many disenfranchised US citizens are becoming aware of this. 2.) Europe IS powerful as a united block, but so what? The US has ample exploitable resorces and nearly unlimited manpower. Only the stupidity of our government and special interest groups have kept our nation to using these to their fullest extent. (To see what we're capable of, see World War 2 history) 3.) Mexico brings nothing to the table at this time. Do you want to have to compete for jobs, education, housing, and healthcare with a group of people that don't generally pay into the tax base, and could care less about the wellfare of the nation that you live in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or