U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 01:08 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,904,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Ballsy? Moi?

Nice dodge btw.......you can't connect me to racist posts because I don't do that, and I don't believe that. Suddenly your rant is all encompassing. Great -- confront those that are behaving badly when they are behaving badly. Don't wait, then post some condemning craptrap on an unrelated post.
If you didn't get it from post, I didn't try to connect you to racist posts. But the company you share hasn't always shyed away from making questionable remarks.

Anyway, I was replying to a comment you made, and seeing it as ironic given the theme of this forum, I made a sarcastic poke at that comment.
You don't have to be so defensive. I in now way insinuated that you were making racist posts.
I make fun of the irony of your comment, and you ask for an investigation. "Prove it! Post a link.....or shut up....." HA!
Now I know to be extra obvious and blunt when replying to any comments when you're reading.

Last edited by antialphabet; 03-27-2009 at 01:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 06:24 PM

706 posts, read 880,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Absolutely. I still wonder, though who gave her advice about evading deportation and how to get public housing even though she is illegal.

Sounds like something a 'community activist' would know how to do, doesn't it?

the next store neighbor can tell someone how to not only evade deportation but how to milk the state. So i guess community activist spoke to 12 million illegals.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:00 PM

9,601 posts, read 9,463,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You have made quite a few assumptions. For your information, I don’t hate Obama. As a matter of fact, I voted for him. Your “racist bile” accusation is positively laughable, given that I share Obama’s African ancestry; albeit, not necessarily Kenyan.

Most of your post is totally irrelevant to the OP. This woman has been ordered deported twice, so why is she still here? Furthermore, I do believe Obama has relatives living in Kenya; so where are you getting your info that his aunt would be returning “without a family?” Moreover, we do not base our deportation decisions on whether an individual is of childbearing age, or has family to return to. She is here in violation of our laws, period.

Unlike some, I don’t support lawlessness simply because I share African ancestry with criminals.
My post, like Obama's aunt, does not and cannot cover every individual circumstance. Yours is decidedly unique. I am well aware that Obama's aunt is here in violation of our laws. My point is that she should not be made an example of. Either tool up a program to deal with all illegal immigration or continue the largely ineffective raids on the usual suspects. But this situation is nothing like that, it has nothing to do with right and wrong, it is political pure and simple and I am responding on that basis. Someone will say after she is deported, if she is deported. "Obama pulled a CYA and did nothing and let his aged aunt be sent back to her fate, some nephew." Didn't some parents of some tween who got into trouble in Singapore or Malaysia or somewhere and was to be caned for his misdeeds appeal to Clinton to intervene? Not because the kid wasn't guilty but because the punishment was extreme and well... Clinton is powerful, he was the President. Its what you do if you are a parent. I am a legal citizen of this country and my opinions on illegal immigration are not private. But I would not derive one ounce of satisfaction in seeing Obama's aunt deported. I am about as law abiding as they come. I even pick up other peoples litter. This is not about right and wrong but about empathy. The righteous indignation gets old.

H

Old 03-28-2009, 08:52 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
My post, like Obama's aunt, does not and cannot cover every individual circumstance. Yours is decidedly unique. I am well aware that Obama's aunt is here in violation of our laws. My point is that she should not be made an example of. Either tool up a program to deal with all illegal immigration or continue the largely ineffective raids on the usual suspects. But this situation is nothing like that, it has nothing to do with right and wrong, it is political pure and simple and I am responding on that basis. Someone will say after she is deported, if she is deported. "Obama pulled a CYA and did nothing and let his aged aunt be sent back to her fate, some nephew." Didn't some parents of some tween who got into trouble in Singapore or Malaysia or somewhere and was to be caned for his misdeeds appeal to Clinton to intervene? Not because the kid wasn't guilty but because the punishment was extreme and well... Clinton is powerful, he was the President. Its what you do if you are a parent. I am a legal citizen of this country and my opinions on illegal immigration are not private. But I would not derive one ounce of satisfaction in seeing Obama's aunt deported. I am about as law abiding as they come. I even pick up other peoples litter. This is not about right and wrong but about empathy. The righteous indignation gets old.

H

I am as compassionate as they come, and I fully realize the political implications of her pending deportation. However, I believe this woman has received more than ample opportunities. After all, this will be her third deportation hearing.

Admittedly, I know nothing of this woman’s particular circumstances. All I know is she has willfully violated our laws, and has been financially supported by U.S. taxpayers. IMO, this IS an issue of right and wrong, irrespective of her relationship to our president.

I agree wholeheartedly that there should be consistency in our immigration enforcement; but we can’t enforce our laws if we allow our hearts to control our actions. I empathize with many people who have committed crimes, but I still believe they should be punished.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:27 AM

32,945 posts, read 30,201,927 times
Here's my take: Who's paying for it? Let the family take care of her. Why does it always come down to the tax payers adopting illegal aliens? Where is the pride of the family unit. Take care of your own.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:47 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,931,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Here's my take: Who's paying for it? Let the family take care of her. Why does it always come down to the tax payers adopting illegal aliens? Where is the pride of the family unit. Take care of your own.
Exactly..........
But back to the Obama should be a good nephew. He isn't just a nephew, he is the president and needs to lead by example. Bending the rules for a distant family member whom everyone admits he hardly knows sends quite a message. Use political power to help a select few. Isn't that also known as corruption?
She needs to answer for the crimes she has committed. Over staying a visa, I can only guess what other frauds have been committed.
Immigration raids. They are necessary and actually are having an impact. We need to do more of them. But we must also drop the hammer on anyone who hires an illegal.
No I get no satisfaction from deporting his aunt other than I am glad that our laws are being enforced. Imagine the message we send if even the Presidents own aunt is held accountable?

Old 03-29-2009, 10:40 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Default Kenya depends on Obama Presidency for an upturn in tourism

How scary. Obviously, Obama’s aunt would be in imminent danger if she returned.

Quote:
With Global Economic crunch and Negative travel advisories from Western countries, Kenya's tourism industry is yet to improve with the introduction of the Delta Airlines Direct flights from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta direct to Dakar in Senegal and then to Nairobi Kenya as from 3rd June 2009, says James Asudi, General Manager Victoria Safaris.

The election of USA President, President Barack Obama with Kenyan roots into the powerful world presidential seat, that is the USA White house, has of late started bringing tourists from all over the world into the tiny village of Kogelo where the USA Presidents' father was bread and buried.

Many tour operators are making trips to the tiny Nyang'oma Kogelo village in Alego Siaya with visitors. In addition to this we are opening the Western Kenya tourism Circuit. This is a circuit with many unexplored touristic sites and rich in Cultural and Community activities.
Delta Airlines flights from Atlanta to Nairobi Kenya as from 3rd June 2009 - {Travel Daily News}

Old 03-29-2009, 10:49 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,931,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
the next store neighbor can tell someone how to not only evade deportation but how to milk the state. So i guess community activist spoke to 12 million illegals.
More like team Obama knew that this could become a thorn in the Presidents side in a hurry. Damage control and spin is in play and the question was.
1. Do we use the power and prevent her deportation?
2. Let the system do what its supposed to and deport an illegal alien?
3. Let the system go through the motions but in the end have it allow her to stay?
I am betting on #3. They have sufficient deniability and as we have seen sheeple will believe anything he says anyway.
What should happen is that the woman recieve her hearing and be deported. She over stayed her visa. A common ploy among illegals who came here legally. In short she deserves no more special consideration than any other illegal. Let us not forget over staying her visa is just one of the crimes she has undoubtedly committed. How does an illegal rate public housing?

Old 03-29-2009, 10:59 AM

117 posts, read 132,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
More like team Obama knew that this could become a thorn in the Presidents side in a hurry. Damage control and spin is in play and the question was.
1. Do we use the power and prevent her deportation?
2. Let the system do what its supposed to and deport an illegal alien?
3. Let the system go through the motions but in the end have it allow her to stay?
I am betting on #3. They have sufficient deniability and as we have seen sheeple will believe anything he says anyway.
What should happen is that the woman recieve her hearing and be deported. She over stayed her visa. A common ploy among illegals who came here legally. In short she deserves no more special consideration than any other illegal. Let us not forget over staying her visa is just one of the crimes she has undoubtedly committed. How does an illegal rate public housing?
So what your sayin is that the old criminal is gonna get a free pass no matter what. Yep Obama sure is bringing in some change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or