Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 03:59 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Why do you guys always do that?

The comparison isn't with the Holocaust of Jews, but with the sentiment toward Jews that preceded events like the seizure of Jewish assets, forcing them into Ghettos, and eventually the genocide of them.

There's a big difference. The holocaust was an event that was enacted by one country(with the support of a few others). The anti-Jew sentiment, and the blaming of Jews for everything wrong in the world was(is) much more spread out and common.

So whenever someone compares the way specifically Latino illegals are blamed by everything wrong with the country, it isn't that farfetched to compare it to Jewish people being blamed for everything wrong, instead of considering a bunch of other causes that collectively bring on a problem.

But as usual, you guys feign insult, and act as it is implied that deportations are comparable to the most brutal of acts during the Holocaust. That's not the comparison being made.
Although a lot of the attitudes common in both situations are very present. And the fact that the people aren't citizens of the country doesn't make a lot of the attitudes out there any easier to swallow.
Bull****.
The antisemitism in the US during the 1930s is different then anti illegal immigration sentiment of today if for no other reason then the antisemitism was directed at citizens of this country by citizens of this country.
Huge difference.
But lets spell it out....

The jews did not cause the great depression. Illegal immigrants do scab work. Jewish Americans are citizens. Illegal immigrants are not only not citizens, but they are breaking numerous laws by being and working in the US.

Noone is blaming latino illegals for everything that is wrong with our country. I do blame them for driving wages down. I also blame corporations and businesses for creating a subculture of illegality in order to make an extra buck.
Most people are able to make the distinction. Can you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 04:04 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,601,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I don't know if this was directed towards antialphabet, or just a rhetorical general question, but I don't claim to know the extent of similarities. Just pointing out that Germany was not involved in the particular analogy.
Besides, analogies will always fail if you parse them enough. Otherwise they wouldn't be analogies. They would be the same situation at hand.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:23 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
I have, for decades....and I continue to.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:41 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,398 times
Quote:
Bull****.
The antisemitism in the US during the 1930s is different then anti illegal immigration sentiment of today if for no other reason then the antisemitism was directed at citizens of this country by citizens of this country.
Huge difference.
But lets spell it out....

The jews did not cause the great depression. Illegal immigrants do scab work. Jewish Americans are citizens. Illegal immigrants are not only not citizens, but they are breaking numerous laws by being and working in the US.

Noone is blaming latino illegals for everything that is wrong with our country. I do blame them for driving wages down. I also blame corporations and businesses for creating a subculture of illegality in order to make an extra buck.
Again, you guys always think you're speaking for everyone on your side, haha.
People think without illegals, there would be no economic recession, no crime, safer cleaner cities, etc etc etc.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:45 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,521 times
I have never bashed or otherwise disparaged an "immmigrant". My issue is with "ILLEGAL" immigrants. That line often gets blurred in the bleeding-heart liberal faction of the media; however, it is a clear distinction to me.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:46 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Again, you guys always think you're speaking for everyone on your side, haha.
People think without illegals, there would be no economic recession, no crime, safer cleaner cities, etc etc etc.
Say what you will: the USA would be better off overall sans the huge number of illegals still here.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:29 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
I didn't see anything about Germany or Holocause in the posted parts of the article. It was talking about Depression-era America. Nothing even to do with Nazi camps or the run-up to that. Just that once-upon a time people in the US used to scapegoat Jews for their economic problems, and the attitudes and actions associated with that.
Much of the problem is that massive and illegal migration doesn't solve any problems. It doesn't address root causes.

As everyone knows, most illegals are from Mexico, certain regions of Mexico and Central America. Many come because in their own words, they have to feed their families.

That points to one of the big problems -- why do they have families they cannot feed? If for example in Mexico, they stay in school and finish secondary school which is like high school here, and get good jobs skills and get a job and marry before they start a family, they really don't need to leave Mexico, they would have a pretty good life there. Mexico -- especially the areas they are from would be improved, people who value education, who have jobs and can support their children are always valuable and help progress.

That doesn't mean they cannot have children or even only have one or two children, it simply means don't start having them until school if finished, don't start having them when you cannot feed them because that is almosts a guarantee that you'll stay in poverty. It means that if people wait to start families when they can afford a family and limit family size to the number of children they can afford, then they rise out of poverty and better their own country.

If they leave for corruption which is often claimed, then how did leaving help end corruption? How does that better conditions for those who remain? Leaving doesn't solve anything in that case.

Mexico has made progress, it's trying to build a middle class and believe it or not, Mexico offers public school education and many state universities are tuition free so the claim that they cannot improve their lives by staying in Mexico is false. They can improve their lives, but they have to make a little effort also.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:17 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Say what you will: the USA would be better off overall sans the huge number of illegals still here.
Yeah, more than likely.

But some of the nuttiest of nuts think that without illegals, crime would drop noticeably, the economy wouldn't be having any problems, cities would go straight back to the way they were in the 50s, Anglo culture in America would be saved from the grips of destruction, racism wouldn't exist, you know...all that junk.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:12 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Yeah, more than likely.

But some of the nuttiest of nuts think that without illegals, crime would drop noticeably, the economy wouldn't be having any problems, cities would go straight back to the way they were in the 50s, Anglo culture in America would be saved from the grips of destruction, racism wouldn't exist, you know...all that junk.
I don't know what the % is. I do know for every illegal working here illegally that costs us money. I do know that for every job they fill thats 1 less for legal citizens. I do know that no matter how you sum it up they have no right to be here and should be deported. Criminal behavior should never be rewarded.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:28 AM

50,286 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Yeah, more than likely.

Well, what I do know is that there wouldn't be a long wait in the ER, my kids would get much better attention at school and the top 10 most wanted in both San Diego and LA would probably be Americans instead of what they are now which is a rotation of Illegal Aliens.

We can only try to improve our Country, sitting on our hands watching it from the side lines will not improve our Country. Their are war activists, people looking out for the environment and taxpayer watch dogs so there is no reason we shouldn't be doing something about all things bringing this Country down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration