U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 06:29 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I'm against illegal immigration, but you're muddying the waters here with racism. This would be the point where we would part company and I cannot support a vote.

Nothing about america robs any citizen of their ethnicity. Calling beligerence 'ethnicity' does not make it so. English is our language. Knowing other languages is a great thing, I encourage it, but you need to know english as a requirement for citizenship. If not, please leave, because you'll never be in a position to comprehend the laws you're obliged to abide. That's not a personal attack, it's not an attack of culture, or excluding someone on the basis of anything protected by the constitution. People are either ready willing and able to be responsible for themselves in accordance with the laws of this nation, or they are NOT. And if they are NOT, they need to go away.
There was no racism in FCG's post----------she was discussing cultural differences which could Balkanize the USA. One big unifier is indeed one language---------which would be English.

E Pluribus Unum: Out of many, one.

Case in point: say I meet a Black man from England; I do not perceive him as Black as much as I see an Englishman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 07:08 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,309,484 times
No compromise whatsoever. The illegals do not deserve anything, not any compromise at all. It is time, past time actually, for American citizens to revolt and take their country back and kick out the damn illegals and tell most non-citizens to go home.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:14 PM

147 posts, read 186,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I mean to tell both sides of the extreme how much they totally SUCK. Why you ask???

Because you take sound, reasoned, logical arguments and insert your hatred, your xenophobic nonsense, your entitlement to rights as if no one else had rights (BOTH SIDES!) and turn any dialogue going into yet another bash fest. There is nothing valid about the immigration forum. It's a bash fest for david duke types to smooch with one another as much as a bash fest for bleeding hearts to smooch with one another. You're both an embarassment to this country. A bane that exceeds the actual burden of illegal immigrants themselves.

Word to the wise, LaRaza... Do YOU remember the Alamo??? What happened after the Alamo??

While you have aperfacet right to your opinion, your being calumniatory is not addressing any TRUE arguments. This forum is for people to agree, or not, and give valid reasoning. You should stay on topic and realize that people are passionate about what they believe. Calling names is so childish. I'm sure you're capable of making a point without doing so. What is YOUR agenda if I may be so bold to ask? What are YOUR beliefs, because that's why we're all here.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:02 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrapola1975 View Post
I'm sorry but why does someone who can differentiate between right and wrong become racist. I DON'T think it's a race issue. I am a latina and am against illegal breaking and entering , I mean, immigration.
You're a LATINA, and yet, somehow find yourself 'against illegal immigration'? WOW..that's bizarre !!...Want to hear something even MORE bizarre? My wife's an Indian....born in the house her great-grandfather built, (200' from OUR house), and just a 5-minute drive from where her distant ancestors lived, thousands of years ago, here in California....and even SHE is against illegals!! Though her parents spoke Spanish in the home, and some people CONTINUE to think she's a "Mexican"....even with all THAT...she's STILL AGAINST illegal immigration...

Wonders will never cease, I guess...talk about having a 'birthright' to the place....move over, MEChA !....

Old 04-01-2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
You're a LATINA, and yet, somehow find yourself 'against illegal immigration'? WOW..that's bizarre !!...Want to hear something even MORE bizarre? My wife's an Indian....born in the house her great-grandfather built, (200' from OUR house), and just a 5-minute drive from where her distant ancestors lived, thousands of years ago, here in California....and even SHE is against illegals!! Though her parents spoke Spanish in the home, and some people CONTINUE to think she's a "Mexican"....even with all THAT...she's STILL AGAINST illegal immigration...

Wonders will never cease, I guess...talk about having a 'birthright' to the place....move over, MEChA !....

What's so bizarre? I am Puerto Rican and I don't see the connection between Latina and illegal immigrant..

Old 04-01-2009, 07:55 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrapola1975 View Post
What's so bizarre? I am Puerto Rican and I don't see the connection between Latina and illegal immigrant..
Psst! Macmeal is being sarcastic. He does that alot and people who are not familiar with his posting style may not realize that.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:32 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Psst! Macmeal is being sarcastic. He does that alot and people who are not familiar with his posting style may not realize that.
Thanks....even I occasionally become annoyed with my posts...I can only IMAGINE how they look 'out there' among the readers....

Old 04-03-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Thanks....even I occasionally become annoyed with my posts...I can only IMAGINE how they look 'out there' among the readers....

OOOHHHH!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or