Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 09:45 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,537,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Smiley type out : ) but do not hit the spacebar between the two symbols
Thanks. I'm still new to this posting format, but I'll eventually figure it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 09:46 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Smiley type out : ) but do not hit the spacebar between the two symbols
Or click the icon displayed under "Smiles" and it will insert the symbol wherever you want. When you submit your reply, the icon will appear.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:46 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
Thanks. I'm still new to this posting format, but I'll eventually figure it out.
Welcome aboard. Don't sweat the small stuff Tulani, you're doing just fine.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:56 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,537,226 times
Thank you both. Now, would someone be kind enough to write me and explain all this repping? I've been around here long enough to know what's going on, but some things still make me scratch my head. Hmmm, just figured out why these little guys wouldn't work...now they do. Again, thanks.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:56 PM

147 posts, read 212,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
For one, 10% of the population isn't homeless. Also, among my friends, we do talk about this. In fact, much more than illegal immigration.
But yes, you unfortunately are overall correct. This is why illegal immigrant defenders (including me) will fall to calling anti-illegals racist. Because more often than not, they are, and we are sensitive to that. But that's its own prejudice I suppose. But many of us do see parallels to the attitudes expressed and history's previous scapegoating of various races and ethnicities for economic difficulties. Anyway, it seems I have reached my end, and I might as well let this devolve to same as the rest of the threads.
Thanks for humoring me.
I'm sorry but why does someone who can differentiate between right and wrong become racist. I DON'T think it's a race issue. I am a latina and am against illegal breaking and entering , I mean, immigration.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:15 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
Thank you both. Now, would someone be kind enough to write me and explain all this repping? I've been around here long enough to know what's going on, but some things still make me scratch my head. Hmmm, just figured out why these little guys wouldn't work...now they do. Again, thanks.
In the upper right window of each poster's reply window, there is a 'scales' logo, simply click on it.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:15 PM

147 posts, read 212,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Now it is you who fails to understand basic logic. No one is saying illegal immigration = murder. We are saying that many illegals are in fact murderers and rapists. This is fact. To say that it is a seperate issue is none sence. It is connected because they entered illegally with no back ground check. Thats why we do background checks. Granting amnesty without such checks will facilitate the criminal element. Lets also remember that every illegal is in fact a criminal. 100% of them.
Why must we compromise with those who feel our laws should not apply to them? It is upon them to adapt to us, to follow our procedures and laws. The proillegal crowd would have us believe that we owe it to the illegals to help them achieve legal status. As the spouse of a legal immigrant who obeyet the laws and followed procedures, I find this view insulting.

Just to piggyback off of what you said, illegals DO expect us to facilitate them. They would like us to forget that they broke the law to get into this country and look at them with pity because they just want a piece of 'the American pie'. I fthink everyone should be able to have a chance to achieve this dream, but it has to be done the right way. Not only do they enter illegally, they abust the system to get all they can leaving the rest of us to pick and scrounge at the remains like vultures. I DO resent the implication that not all illegals are criminals. They are and should be treated as such. After all, that's why they're called illegals and I hate the term 'undocumented'...

Old 03-30-2009, 11:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrapola1975 View Post
Just to piggyback off of what you said, illegals DO expect us to facilitate them. They would like us to forget that they broke the law to get into this country and look at them with pity because they just want a piece of 'the American pie'. I fthink everyone should be able to have a chance to achieve this dream, but it has to be done the right way. Not only do they enter illegally, they abust the system to get all they can leaving the rest of us to pick and scrounge at the remains like vultures. I DO resent the implication that not all illegals are criminals. They are and should be treated as such. After all, that's why they're called illegals and I hate the term 'undocumented'...
Great post

Old 03-30-2009, 11:52 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
I completely agree. And this is why I feel that a country that strives for multi-culturalism and "diversity" are recipes for disaster. All this accomplishes is the creation of culture clashes, religious conflicts, political disputes, and language barriers.

A healthy country is comprised of UNITED and like-minded citizens who speak the same language, practice basically the same religion, embrace the same political idealogies, and share the same culture. This creates harmony. It's a no-brainer and SO obvious that trying to mix cultures, religions, languages and political ideals simply doesn't work.
I'm against illegal immigration, but you're muddying the waters here with racism. This would be the point where we would part company and I cannot support a vote.

Nothing about america robs any citizen of their ethnicity. Calling beligerence 'ethnicity' does not make it so. English is our language. Knowing other languages is a great thing, I encourage it, but you need to know english as a requirement for citizenship. If not, please leave, because you'll never be in a position to comprehend the laws you're obliged to abide. That's not a personal attack, it's not an attack of culture, or excluding someone on the basis of anything protected by the constitution. People are either ready willing and able to be responsible for themselves in accordance with the laws of this nation, or they are NOT. And if they are NOT, they need to go away.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:43 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
I mean to tell both sides of the extreme how much they totally SUCK. Why you ask???

Because you take sound, reasoned, logical arguments and insert your hatred, your xenophobic nonsense, your entitlement to rights as if no one else had rights (BOTH SIDES!) and turn any dialogue going into yet another bash fest. There is nothing valid about the immigration forum. It's a bash fest for david duke types to smooch with one another as much as a bash fest for bleeding hearts to smooch with one another. You're both an embarassment to this country. A bane that exceeds the actual burden of illegal immigrants themselves.

Word to the wise, LaRaza... Do YOU remember the Alamo??? What happened after the Alamo??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration