U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-28-2009, 11:28 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,915,896 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And the screaming irony is that an obviously White illegal alien from Mexico (yes, some Mexicans do have white skin and blue eyes), etc. will try to claim being a 'person of color' to invoke said farce of a race card.

Hypocrites.
Hypocrits indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-28-2009, 11:58 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,848,271 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And the screaming irony is that an obviously White illegal alien from Mexico (yes, some Mexicans do have white skin and blue eyes), etc. will try to claim being a 'person of color' to invoke said farce of a race card.

Hypocrites.
Not only that, but they are also considered a “protected” class due to their “minority” status.

Last edited by Benicar; 03-28-2009 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: Correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2009, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,696,242 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Not only that, but they are also consider a “protected” class due to their “minority” status.
Yeppers.

Flip side: a dark skinned immigrant from Sicily named Antonio Ayala would be counted as an 'Anglo' AKA a non Hispanic White male here in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2009, 02:42 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,904,717 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Not only that, but they are also considered a “protected” class due to their “minority” status.
How many blond blue eyed Mexicans do you see in the barrios?
Why do you guys constantly try to undermine Latinos as an ethnic and racial minority in this country? How does that serve your guys' agenda against "just" illegals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2009, 02:43 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,904,717 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The putative 'Hispanic race card' is fast losing its power---------especially in the face of a growing Middle Class American Black cohort.
WTF do the two have to do with each other?
All you do is pander to African-Americans, and try to pit Blacks against Latinos.
You must be Pinocchio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2009, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,696,242 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
How many blond blue eyed Mexicans do you see in the barrios?
Why do you guys constantly try to undermine Latinos as an ethnic and racial minority in this country? How does that serve your guys' agenda against "just" illegals?
Because there is no Latino race----------and, you know that.

Besides: why so many of the putative Hispanics have such a pathetic need to self segregate in an archaic form of Spanish culture?

Face it: Mexico was badly defeated in a war against a stronger culture over 150 years ago. One would think that what was left of Mx would learn from its mistakes and enter the modern era. Italy did so along with Spain and Ireland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2009, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,696,242 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
WTF do the two have to do with each other?
All you do is pander to African-Americans, and try to pit Blacks against Latinos.
You must be Pinocchio.
Simple.

Most Latinos today; if they or their ancestors recently immigrated legally from wherever, came here on their own free will. Despite some of them facing discrimination-----------no one held a gun to their collective heads forcing them to move to the USA.

Flip side: most Americans Blacks' ancestors were brought here against their will.

There is a difference.

Latinos; at least the Mestizo ones, had to deal with prejudice on the Jewish/Italian/Irish/Asian/Eastern Euro levels---------------not the flagrant across the board Jim Crow of, say, JDubsMom's people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2009, 07:48 PM
 
117 posts, read 132,315 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
WTF do the two have to do with each other?
All you do is pander to African-Americans, and try to pit Blacks against Latinos.
You must be Pinocchio.
All you do is pander to the illegal hispanics. Let them answer up for their crimes. They deserve to be deported.
Apaio is doing exactly what he should be doing. He is enforcing our laws. Its a sad shame when folks try to make a villan out of a good man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2009, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,848,271 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Because there is no Latino race----------and, you know that.

Besides: why so many of the putative Hispanics have such a pathetic need to self segregate in an archaic form of Spanish culture?

Face it: Mexico was badly defeated in a war against a stronger culture over 150 years ago. One would think that what was left of Mx would learn from its mistakes and enter the modern era. Italy did so along with Spain and Ireland.
They are only trying to make “Hispanic” a race to support their agenda. My ex is Hispanic, but he happens to be of the Caucasian “race.” Why should he be considered a member of a protected class simply by virtue of a shared language? Don’t most U.S.-born citizens speak English? Do we all share the same race, other than the human race?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2009, 08:45 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,696,242 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They are only trying to make “Hispanic” a race to support their agenda. My ex is Hispanic, but he happens to be of the Caucasian “race.” Why should he be considered a member of a protected class simply by virtue of a shared language? Don’t most U.S.-born citizens speak English? Do we all share the same race, other than the human race?
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top