U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-28-2009, 08:15 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Reputation: 17688

Advertisements

Either we enforce our laws or we don't. He is, I think that means he is doing his job. If anyone doesn't like the fact that he's doing his job TS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-28-2009, 08:16 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Either we enforce our laws or we don't. He is, I think that means he is doing his job. If anyone doesn't like the fact that he's doing his job TS.
Ditto!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2009, 08:19 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma
608 posts, read 791,473 times
Reputation: 409
Race is meaningless in the melting pot that is the USA. Illegals and their supporters tend to spin illegal issues into race issues to demonize anybody that opposes their point of view. In regard to American citizens vs illegals, there's really no "Itallian-American, African-American, Mexican-American, etc.) We the citizens of the USA are ALL Americans, regardless of where our ancestors came from. When we accept this fact, racism may eventually become a thing of the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2009, 08:38 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
Race is meaningless in the melting pot that is the USA. Illegals and their supporters tend to spin illegal issues into race issues to demonize anybody that opposes their point of view. In regard to American citizens vs illegals, there's really no "Itallian-American, African-American, Mexican-American, etc.) We the citizens of the USA are ALL Americans, regardless of where our ancestors came from. When we accept this fact, racism may eventually become a thing of the past.
Absolutely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2009, 08:51 AM
 
65 posts, read 146,856 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
As a Black American, I am sick of pro-illegals comparing the plight of illegal aliens to that of black citizens of this country. Blacks were not attacked by dogs and hosed because they had entered this country illegally. They were mistreated solely due to the color of their skin, and their relegated “inferior” status. Furthermore, illegal aliens are treated like royalty compared to the past treatment of blacks.

Must the sheriff ignore illegal aliens “of color” to avoid being labeled a racist? Or, should he do his job?
X____________ 100%

It is outrageous to me how those who are anti-illegal immigrant are labeled as racists who want to limit diversity in the "melting pot". It is even more outrageous when people say to me "how can you be anti-immigrant when you are Black?"...I want to scream out of frustration every time I hear that. Most of us don't have a problem with diversity among fellow Americans, but when it is done at the expense of the taxpayer's, the safety of our communities, our jobs, our educational system, and our healthcare system to bring a form of "illegal diversity" from people that refuse to assimilate, I for one won't stand for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2009, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliprincess View Post
X____________ 100%

It is outrageous to me how those who are anti-illegal immigrant are labeled as racists who want to limit diversity in the "melting pot". It is even more outrageous when people say to me "how can you be anti-immigrant when you are Black?"...I want to scream out of frustration every time I hear that. Most of us don't have a problem with diversity among fellow Americans, but when it is done at the expense of the taxpayer's, the safety of our communities, our jobs, our educational system, and our healthcare system to bring a form of "illegal diversity" from people that refuse to assimilate, I for one won't stand for it.
Kudos!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2009, 09:05 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliprincess View Post
X____________ 100%

It is outrageous to me how those who are anti-illegal immigrant are labeled as racists who want to limit diversity in the "melting pot". It is even more outrageous when people say to me "how can you be anti-immigrant when you are Black?"...I want to scream out of frustration every time I hear that. Most of us don't have a problem with diversity among fellow Americans, but when it is done at the expense of the taxpayer's, the safety of our communities, our jobs, our educational system, and our healthcare system to bring a form of "illegal diversity" from people that refuse to assimilate, I for one won't stand for it.
Well stated, I couldn't agree more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2009, 02:33 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,344,345 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Arizona Republic article

I am curious how our Black Americans feel about Sheriff Joe being compared to Bull Connor.
How do you link this to how black Americans feel? How many black Americans do we really have in Arizona? Do the Black Americans on this board represent all Black Americans?

The tide is slowly turning in Arizona.

1. Sheriff Joe's major support base is literally dieing off (Old people can only live for so long)
2. His election numbers are waning each year.
3. Eventually the young people and transplants are going to vote him out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2009, 02:36 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
Reputation: 47455
no--- criminals do that. police that enforce the law embarrass the community.
they dont want law enforcement officers, they want social workers give the people what they want. next time you get beat up by a gangbanger call a social worker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2009, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
How do you link this to how black Americans feel? How many black Americans do we really have in Arizona? Do the Black Americans on this board represent all Black Americans?

The tide is slowly turning in Arizona.

1. Sheriff Joe's major support base is literally dieing off (Old people can only live for so long)
2. His election numbers are waning each year.
3. Eventually the young people and transplants are going to vote him out.
Just remember your words: the tide is indeed turning against illegal aliens and their enablers here.

As for Sheriff Joe: I doubt that he will even run for an additional term so your argument will probably be moot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top