Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 08:42 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Apparently you didn’t receive the latest pro-amnesty memo. The reconquista is a myth *wink* being promulgated by the anti-illegal crowd. It is nothing but a fear-mongering campaign against the Mexican “immigrants.”

Perhaps you should confer with your compadres, because they don’t want anyone to know their plans. You’re blowing it.
Damn Benicar, you're just way too sharp. I'd be careful if I were you. If they found out someone out there had some brains was on to them..who knows what they'll do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 08:55 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Damn Benicar, you're just way too sharp. I'd be careful if I were you. If they found out someone out there had some brains was on to them..who knows what they'll do.
What part of “consider yourself ignored” don’t you comprehend? I responded to your post, and you accused me, in no uncertain terms, of stalking you and “attacking” you. Consequently, this is the first post I have responded to since your scathing accusation. What’s your problem? Do you want me to respond to your posts, or do you want me to (I paraphrase) “Leave you the hell alone.” Either is fine with me.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:09 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
What part of “consider yourself ignored” don’t you comprehend? I responded to your post, and you accused me, in no uncertain terms, of stalking you and “attacking” you. Consequently, this is the first post I have responded to since your scathing accusation. What’s your problem? Do you want me to respond to your posts, or do you want me to (I paraphrase) “Leave you the hell alone.” Either is fine with me.
Do what I have done. Keep those who are not worthy of your time or a response on permanent blast. That way you can post in peace. When they run behind you posting after everything you say in the hopes that someone will copy it and force you to read it and respond, simply ignore it. Some people on this board thrive on harassing others for lack of anything better to do.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:11 PM

608 posts, read 923,674 times
Where does all of this BS come from? Why do some folks that don't don't support the views of the anti-illegal crowd so willing to attack the intelligence and reasoning of these people? Everyone has the right to their point of view, and if someone doesn't agree, it can be debated. There's no need to personally attack people on this thread.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:12 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Yes indeed! Those are priceless. Don't forget two of my personal favorites: "No Human is Illegal" and "You Stole Our Land."
Those are good..but my personal favorite was often used during the "Prop 187" debacle here in California (illegals to be ineligible for many social welfare benefits) during which angry illegals, furious with then-Governor Pete Wilson surged through the streets carrying signs stating "Pete Wilson YOUR Ancestors Came From Somewhere Else"....to which I always imagined Wilson responding in his mind, "Yes, my ancestors DID come....and YOURS did NOT...."

Admittedly, Wilson wasn't an easy guy to like...but this reasoning always eluded me...If YOUR ancestors had come here like MINE did, you'd be LEGAL. They DIDN'T, and you're NOT....so get mad at your ancestors...not me.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:19 PM

608 posts, read 923,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Those are good..but my personal favorite was often used during the "Prop 187" debacle here in California (illegals to be ineligible for many social welfare benefits) during which angry illegals, furious with then-Governor Pete Wilson surged through the streets carrying signs stating "Pete Wilson YOUR Ancestors Came From Somewhere Else"....to which I always imagined Wilson responding in his mind, "Yes, my ancestors DID come....and YOURS did NOT...."

Admittedly, Wilson wasn't an easy guy to like...but this reasoning always eluded me...If YOUR ancestors had come here like MINE did, you'd be LEGAL. They DIDN'T, and you're NOT....so get mad at your ancestors...not me.
Strangely enough, as obvious as this concept appears, most illegals still believe that they have some kind of ancestorial right to US land. I guess then, they can still claim Spain if their efforts fail in the US right? Unfortunatly, once these folks realize that race and ancestorial claims won't defend their cause any longer, they may not have a leg to stand on so to speak! I guess that means that they'll continue to try to cram these useless claims down our throats for at least the forseeable future.

Last edited by catfishing; 03-28-2009 at 09:33 PM..

Old 03-28-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Do what I have done. Keep those who are not worthy of your time or a response on permanent blast. That way you can post in peace. When they run behind you posting after everything you say in the hopes that someone will copy it and force you to read it and respond, simply ignore it. Some people on this board thrive on harassing others for lack of anything better to do.
I think you know me well enough to know that I enjoy a good debate. What I don’t enjoy is childish bickering, and deliberate attempts to incite. We can disagree and even express anger, but I won’t make time for nonsense anymore. This issue is much too serious to engage in sandbox debates.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:29 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
I think you know me well enough to know that I enjoy a good debate. What I don’t enjoy is childish bickering, and deliberate attempts to incite. We can disagree and even express anger, but I won’t make time for nonsense anymore. This issue is much too serious to engage in sandbox debates.
Indeed I do and I can't say that I blame you for feeling the way that you do. You have been patient and polite despite the harassment. Unfortunately, some people take kindness for weakness.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:29 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
Strangely enough, as obvious as this concept appears, most illegals still believe that they have some kind of ancestorial right to US land. I guess then, they can still claim Spain if their efforts fail int he US right? Unfortunatly, once these folks realize that race and ancestorial claims won't defend their cause any longer, they may not have a leg to stand on so to speak! I guess that means that they'll continue to try to cram these useless claims down our throats for at least the forseeable future.
Third World culture is a 'natural' mindset, based on blood ties, family, and ethnicity. First World culture is an 'artificial' construct based on law, which MUST supersede all of the above, if it's to work. You don't always comprehend this until you've been here awhile...and coming illegally IMMEDIATELY starts you off on the 'wrong foot'.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Indeed I do and I can't say that I blame you for feeling the way that you do. You have been patient and polite despite the harassment. Unfortunately, some people take kindness for weakness.
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration