U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 12:00 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
HACKENSACK, N.J. - A national group that favors strict immigration policies has launched a campaign in six states aimed at drumming up opposition to in-state college tuition rates for illegal immigrants.

Immigration advocates in New Jersey said they were unaware of the new campaign but vowed to fight it vigorously.

"This campaign won’t get past the first exit of the New Jersey Turnpike," said Cid Wilson, a trustee of Bergen Community College in Paramus.
Battle brews over tuition for illegal immigrants - BostonHerald.com (http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/general/view/2009_03_28_Battle_brews_over_tuition_for_illegal_i mmigrants/srvc=news&position=also - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 09:43 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Battle brews over tuition for illegal immigrants - BostonHerald.com (http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/general/view/2009_03_28_Battle_brews_over_tuition_for_illegal_i mmigrants/srvc=news&position=also - broken link)

Quote:
"You’re going to see a strong movement against this campaign," Wilson said. "Many of these students are undocumented through no fault of their own.
Really, then whose fault is it? Oh wait that's right many of them are generational criminals following in their "parents" footsteps.

As for Wilson aka the treasonous traitor, maybe we can deport him in lieu of one of his illegal alien rocket scientist.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Really, then whose fault is it? Oh wait that's right many of them are generational criminals following in their "parents" footsteps.

As for Wilson aka the treasonous traitor, maybe we can deport him in lieu of one of his illegal alien rocket scientist.
JDubs, you know nothing is ever their fault. Even those in their 20’s and 30’s who deliberately violate our laws by working with fraudulent ID, driving without a license, or any of the other acts of lawlessness they brag about on their illegal alien website.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
JDubs, you know nothing is ever their fault. Even those in their 20’s and 30’s who deliberately violate our laws by working with fraudulent ID, driving without a license, or any of the other acts of lawlessness they brag about on their illegal alien website.
I know but really, what are we supposed to do? Coddle all 20 million of them and take responsibility for everything that they do and then grant them amnesty?

Imagine 20 million of them being granted amnesty. Can you see them conforming to the rule of law and taking responsibility for themselves and the multitude of children they bring into the world? We are talking about millions of children who will only continue the dysfunctional and criminal behavior that they learn from their parents.

When you don't know any better you can't do any better. Reading the DREAMAct board pretty much confirms the cultural lawlessness has already been passed down to the generation of those who our government wishes to give in state tuition and grant amnesty.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I know but really, what do people like him think we are supposed to do? Coddling all 20 million of them and taking responsibility for everything that they do and then grant them amnesty?

Imagine 20 million of them being granted amnesty. Can you see them conforming to the rule of law and taking responsibility for themselves and the multitude of children they bring into the world? We are talking about millions of children who will only continue the dysfunctional and criminal behaviors that they learn from their parents.

When you don't know any better you can't do any better. Reading the DREAMAct board pretty much confirms the cultural lawlessness has already been passed down to the generation of those who our government wishes to grant amnesty.
You're right on the money!

Old 03-28-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
You're right on the money!
All the more reason that we cannot allow another amnesty. Our kids' and America's futures is at stake.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:33 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,681 times
Why not? It's not if universities are raising tuition fees and there certainly aren't any American university students are struggling to pay off their loans and debts. The incredibly fantastic and growing economy proves no such financial problems exist.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:28 AM

65 posts, read 146,856 times
So let me get this straight. I paid out of state tuition when I was an undergrad at a NJ university as a tax paying, law abiding American citizen. Yet, criminals might get in state tuition if this goes through. An illegal alien immigrant is going to get a discounted rate for their education at the expense of taxpayers? What?!?!?! I did hear of this being spoken of in other states, but has this actually happened? My god, this crap makes me sick. Way to shaft your constituents, especially this newly minted resident, New Jersey!

Old 03-29-2009, 03:09 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,078,866 times
I think in general we should do away with out of state tuition. College, in general, should be cheaper. Regardless of what/who you are, college should not cost this much.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliprincess View Post
So let me get this straight. I paid out of state tuition when I was an undergrad at a NJ university as a tax paying, law abiding American citizen. Yet, criminals might get in state tuition if this goes through. An illegal alien immigrant is going to get a discounted rate for their education at the expense of taxpayers? What?!?!?! I did hear of this being spoken of in other states, but has this actually happened? My god, this crap makes me sick. Way to shaft your constituents, especially this newly minted resident, New Jersey!
If I’m not mistaken, currently 10 states offer in-state tuition to illegal aliens, notwithstanding the fact that it violates federal law. But then we also have states that aid and abet illegal aliens in flagrant violation of federal law, aka Sanctuary Cities.

Quote:
In-state or resident tuition is a benefit that a state or institution may offer to students on the basis of state residency. A state or institution that offers lower in-state tuition rate to undocumented state residents because they reside in the state violates the federal law, unless the lower rate is also available to the residents of any state. An institution with a single tuition rate for state residents and nonresidents is not providing an illegal benefit to undocumented students.3
http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/hrd...restuition.pdf

Quote:
The $3.5 billion class action lawsuit was filed in Yolo County, California against the three governing entities that run California's public universities and colleges. The suit charges that policies enacted in 2001, grant in-state tuition benefits to illegal aliens attending public institutions of higher education, while denying those same benefits to out-of-state U.S. citizens.
California students sue over tuition rates - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

Quote:
Crompton agrees a college education is too expensive for many students, but she feels the financial challenges unique to illegal immigrants warrant giving them cheaper tuition.
In-State Tuition for Illegal Immigrants Unfair to Foreign Students? - KCPW (http://kcpw.org/article/6581 - broken link)

Quote:
The second time was the charm for Senator Joyce Elliott and her bill allowing the children of illegal immigrants to pay in-state college tuition rates.

Wednesday, Elliott's bill passed out of committee and now goes to the full Senate.
In-state Tuition For Children Of Illegal Immigrants Passes Committee - todaysthv.com | KTHV | Little Rock, AR

If you Google “in-state tuition for illegal immigrants” or the “DREAM Act,” you will get plenty of info on this travesty. There are also other threads on the first page here related to this amnesty scam.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...-campaign.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...dream-act.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or