U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 07:44 PM

117 posts, read 132,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Chain gangs should be a requirement as part of a convicts rehab.
Its called a lesson in crime does not pay.
Mayhap we should teach them that trespass does not pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 07:52 PM

3,233 posts, read 2,875,955 times
That is exactly how it works. Prisoners who have earned working priveledges are allowed to work in the laundry, cafeteria, plate shop, etc. and get paid pretty much nothing. My father went to a minimum security prison for six months after recieving multiple DWI's and received the same treatment. Frankly though, I don't think they should be using this labor source at all. I mean, the reason they have been detained is they crossed our borders illegally in order to work. So the solution is apprehend them, then put them to work for the government at what amounts to a slave wage?

What I want to know is why are they being kept around so long after apprehension? If I were running that ship, within 24 to 48 hours the illegals in question would be back on their side of the border. There is no need for all the red tape and time consuming legal mumbo jumbo. Just send them home with a coke and a smile. The system is using their own red tape to complicate this process and keep these workers here longer. And I have to wonder just how many of them are actually being deported when it's all said and done.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:54 PM

Mayhap we ot to build a high speed train to the border??? Hell I'll be the conductor.
Green cards?
Id's?
Oh yeah aint not a one of you has any. Get the hell off my train fore we throw you off.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:01 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,913,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherhead View Post
Mayhap we ot to build a high speed train to the border??? Hell I'll be the conductor.
Green cards?
Id's?
Oh yeah aint not a one of you has any. Get the hell off my train fore we throw you off.
Oh I can see it.
all right chall I wanna see dem greencards right now. Oh I see nary a one in the whole damn bunch o yall. Ok dat means I need to start kickin yo asses offen my damn train. Oh it aint stopped yet? should of thought about dat fore you got on.
Leather sometimes you kill me.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:11 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Hate to disagree with you, but I do know for a fact that in the federal penetentiaries inmates are required to pay for their essentials such as toothpaste and deodorant as well as snacks, reading material and of course things like radios. Families of inmates can put money on the inmates 'book' but by and large the inmates have to work to earn the money to pay for what they need and/or want. And that would include illegals - who are also serving time in federal prisons.
Fair? Who cares? What is good for our criminal citizens is good for illegal criminals as well.
I wasn’t implying that the prisons don’t require them to pay for certain products. I was merely stating a fact – we, the taxpayers, foot the bill for our penal institutions; including the toiletries and other items inmates purchase from the prisons. It’s similar to parents paying an allowance to their child, and then making the child pay for candy at the store. It gives the child an opportunity to “earn” the money, but the parents are still footing the bill.

In the case of my particular facility, all of our “guests” were foreign nationals; primarily the criminally insane we received from Castro in the Cuban Entrant Program. Unlike our citizen prisoners, they weren’t required to work or pay for anything; although a select few could work and earn money that they could keep in facility maintained accounts. After all, they weren’t responsible for the heinous crimes they committed, and our government did agree to provide treatment courtesy of U.S. taxpayers. We certainly couldn’t expect the Cuban government to pay for emptying their prisons and mental institutions, and dumping them on our shores. To add insult to injury, our tax dollars paid for only brand name products. You gotta love it.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Oh I can see it.
all right chall I wanna see dem greencards right now. Oh I see nary a one in the whole damn bunch o yall. Ok dat means I need to start kickin yo asses offen my damn train. Oh it aint stopped yet? should of thought about dat fore you got on.
Leather sometimes you kill me.
Tight a er I mean tinman You got me down pretty good.
Let me try you.
Attention attention on the train. We have just crossed the border and are headed for our turn around port. I hope you have enjoyed your meal of refried barb wire and broken glass. Our chief chef the Hammer added a little rust to spice it up. Now if you would please gather at the doors your friendly conductor Leatherhead will see you off the train as it slows below 50mph. It has been our pleasure to deport you. Please obtain a legal visa from our ever so helpful embassy for you next visit. And folks remember you have a friend in jesus but jesus christ aint on this train now get the hell off.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:15 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,909,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
That is exactly how it works. Prisoners who have earned working priveledges are allowed to work in the laundry, cafeteria, plate shop, etc. and get paid pretty much nothing. My father went to a minimum security prison for six months after recieving multiple DWI's and received the same treatment. Frankly though, I don't think they should be using this labor source at all. I mean, the reason they have been detained is they crossed our borders illegally in order to work. So the solution is apprehend them, then put them to work for the government at what amounts to a slave wage?

What I want to know is why are they being kept around so long after apprehension? If I were running that ship, within 24 to 48 hours the illegals in question would be back on their side of the border. There is no need for all the red tape and time consuming legal mumbo jumbo. Just send them home with a coke and a smile. The system is using their own red tape to complicate this process and keep these workers here longer. And I have to wonder just how many of them are actually being deported when it's all said and done.
Dead on R2M! I have wondered the same thing for a long time now. Besides our jails are much nicer than the shanty's they live in at home. What they should do is tattoo a serial number on them, drive them back to the border and release them.

If they come back and are caught, put all of them together in a remote prison camp and let them have at each other. If they put rival gang members together and the murderers with the child molesters they would eliminate each other. Can you imagine the savings to the taxpayers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or