U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 05:04 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
It's not that they think we're stupid, they don't give a damn. For the politicians it's a matter of being able to legalize illegal aliens that they presume will be future democrats.

For the corporate masters, it's about cheap labor. It's up to the American people to start holding them accountable. Until that happens they will keep pushing their agendas.
Actually, I think that they, of course, think that we're stupid AND they just don't give a damn anyway. You're correct about the career Democratic politicians wanting to legalize the future Democratic voter, if amnestied, illegal aliens so bad that they can taste it. And then we have the Chamber of Commerce bought off politicians who allow the cheaper foreign visa labor for the corporate masters even in the face of massive layoffs of American citizens.

So these two quisling groups, who betray the public trust on a daily basis to special interests, are willing to consider a compromise that makes absolutely NO sense? Of course, the career Democratic politicians want to legalize millions of illegal alien future Democratic voters, if amnestied, to directly influence the 2010 and 2012 elections, but what do the corporate masters who want more foreign labor visas, not less, get out of it? In a sane world, people would realize that the ONLY reason career Democratic politicians are desperately wanting to legalize millions of border jumpers is to get more Democratic voters, and say hell no. And with the number of out of work Americans climbing to alarming numbers, cutting back sharply on the numbers of foreign visa workers would be a NO BRAINER, at least to politicians who can't be bought off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 05:56 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Actually, I think that they, of course, think that we're stupid AND they just don't give a damn anyway. You're correct about the career Democratic politicians wanting to legalize the future Democratic voter, if amnestied, illegal aliens so bad that they can taste it. And then we have the Chamber of Commerce bought off politicians who allow the cheaper foreign visa labor for the corporate masters even in the face of massive layoffs of American citizens.

So these two quisling groups, who betray the public trust on a daily basis to special interests, are willing to consider a compromise that makes absolutely NO sense? Of course, the career Democratic politicians want to legalize millions of illegal alien future Democratic voters, if amnestied, to directly influence the 2010 and 2012 elections, but what do the corporate masters who want more foreign labor visas, not less, get out of it? In a sane world, people would realize that the ONLY reason career Democratic politicians are desperately wanting to legalize millions of border jumpers is to get more Democratic voters, and say hell no. And with the number of out of work Americans climbing to alarming numbers, cutting back sharply on the numbers of foreign visa workers would be a NO BRAINER, at least to politicians who can't be bought off.
I agree with all that you have said but there is so much more to this equation that is going on behind the scenes. The American sheeple who are quietly sitting back filled with fear of being called racist, along with the bleeding heart liberals who ridicule those of us who speak out against this invasion are also guilty of enabling the destruction of our sovereignty and this country.

Those who have been so busy robbing Peter to pay Paul in order to keep up with the Jones' who have lost their jobs, and their homes now have plenty of time to pay attention to the fact that we are overrun with illegal aliens. Here's hoping they decide to help the rest of us who are doing something about it.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:24 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yep, they act as though no one is still alive who was living in this country in 1986. How stupid do they think we are?
Apparently, the answer is "VERY Stupid"...and look at it from THEIR perspective..if YOU had made a 'deal' with a person years ago, then immediately proceeded to violate it on a daily basis....and now that person was considering making ANOTHER deal with you...How Stupid would you think HE was ?...pretty stupid, I'd say.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:28 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Apparently, the answer is "VERY Stupid"...and look at it from THEIR perspective..if YOU had made a 'deal' with a person years ago, then immediately proceeded to violate it on a daily basis....and now that person was considering making ANOTHER deal with you...How Stupid would you think HE was ?...pretty stupid, I'd say.
Iím afraid I have to agree. We MUST be the laughingstock of the world.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:31 PM

608 posts, read 791,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Iím afraid I have to agree. We MUST be the laughingstock of the world.
We are...but if WE put our collective foot down and force the government to hear our voice, we can force a change. If we the American People use our power to force the government to chance their rediculous "do nothing" policies, we can turn this thing around!

Old 03-28-2009, 10:15 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
We are...but if WE put our collective foot down and force the government to hear our voice, we can force a change. If we the American People use our power to force the government to chance their rediculous "do nothing" policies, we can turn this thing around!
I agree 100%.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:20 AM

8,062 posts, read 15,871,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
I agree, and the American people's collective, angry voices DID get them to drop the amnesty bit last year. However, the idiots in Washington are more concerned about getting the Hispanic and illegal immigrant vote (oh, yes, they DO vote) than they are with this country. They keep "promising" us that they WILL return to the amnesty issue.

What concerns me is that, with the government so out-of-touch, people are going to start taking matters into their own hands and there's going to be violence. There have been some isolated incidents but it may become more widespread. I absolutely SUPPORT boycotting businesses that employ illegals, lobbying our congressional reps to prevent illegals from getting social services, making CERTAIN that illegals can no longer vote, and protesting the ignorance of our government that allows this illegal immigration problem to prosper.. There are many things we can do.

But I'm worried that public anger and the collusion of business and government idiocy is going to result in vigilante "justice." Our government simply doesn't work anymore in its primary responsibility of keeping us safe and the country solvent. If they don't wake up soon, some parts of the country are going to become very violent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or