U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 01:29 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
The only people that I know who are allowed guns "Legally" are the Military and Police. However I do hear a lot of guns being fired every 4th of July and New Years eve in Baja Mexico.

A bar down the road from me was robbed recently by a couple of Mexicans with a shot gun who took patrons money along with cash from the cash register.

Other then that guns are supposed to be illegal here in Mexico. Guess the govmt is afraid of another 1917 Revolution.
TJ sounds like a war on the 4th and those aren't fire crackers. It's kind of funny that Indenpendance day would be an excuse for Mexican citizens to shoot illegal firearms into the sky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 02:34 PM

365 posts, read 667,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I totally agree with the majority of what you said. From a consumer standpoint, the US and Canada's drug users/suppliers are responsible to a large degree for the success of the drug cartels.

From the weapons standpoint, I tend to believe that they are being funneled to mexico via the US illegal alien mexican gang camps and the embedded mexican drug cartel cells. To date I have yet to see any proof (serial number or otherwise) provided by any one in Calderon's administration to confirms his cries of the US being the supplier of weapons to mexico. Until I see proof, then I will remain hesitant to believe that story.
lol well if we do it in grand scale what makes you think we dont do it under the table? like when the ussr dissolve practically russia supply a lot of people with weapons if the had cash.
US Selling More Weapons to Undemocratic Regimes That Support 'War on Terror'
http://www.modernghana.com/news/206628/1/ngo-multi-national-banks-aiding-corrupt-african-re.html (broken link)

“Undue Diligence” tracked the flow of money out of a number of the world's most criticized regimes. According to Global Witness, the trail leads to, and through, a handful of the world's largest international banks, including Citigroup, Barclays, and HSBC.

''Perhaps no single policy is more at odds with President (George W.) Bush's pledge to 'end tyranny in our world' than the United States' role as the world's leading arms exporting nation,'' it says. ''All too often, U.S. arms transfers end up fueling conflict, arming human rights abusers, or falling into the hands of U.S. adversaries.''

we have a corrupt system and yet we point the fingers saying were first class world citizens? bologni...

"To date I have yet to see any proof (serial number or otherwise)" lol...thats to that.

money is fueling Mexicos internal war, and I can assure you that were the cause.

Last edited by iturbide1981; 03-29-2009 at 02:51 PM..

Old 03-30-2009, 06:19 AM

41 posts, read 180,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
From the weapons standpoint, I tend to believe that they are being funneled to mexico via the US illegal alien mexican gang camps and the embedded mexican drug cartel cells. To date I have yet to see any proof (serial number or otherwise) provided by any one in Calderon's administration to confirms his cries of the US being the supplier of weapons to mexico. Until I see proof, then I will remain hesitant to believe that story.
Oh, I agree, I'm not saying that it's US government policy to arm drug cartels; that is simply good business for the thousands of licensed US arms dealers on the Mexico border, free trade if you will.

But when it comes to arming Mexico's military and police forces to fight this war on drugs, the proof is not only in the serials numbers but the speeches and conferences whose contents are open to the public:

"Mexico is using American intelligence to track the traffickers and is awaiting a fleet of American helicopters and aircraft to pursue them, part of hundreds of millions of dollars in aid initiated by President George W. Bush and expanded in recent days by President Obama."

from an article just out today:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/30/wo...o.html?_r=1&hp

As I like to say, it takes two to escalate.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:20 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Well, there's not much you can do against a full-scale cartel attack. At that point, you're talking about several waves of attackers arriving in armored SUVs, perhaps with mounted automatic rifles, RPGs, grenades, and substantial body armor.
The situation did not escalate to this point overnight. The government of Mexico has a long history of turning a blind eye to the goings on of the cartels and this is the end result.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:23 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
[/color]

yep right on were just as cowards as them huh. good point
If you want to see somebody stand up for something, just tell one of your illegal amigos to come break into my house some night.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If you want to see somebody stand up for something, just tell one of your illegal amigos to come break into my house some night.
"yeah and your father or brother who so just you trust unlocks the door for them." amigo illegals are not hiring illegals.....

Old 03-30-2009, 10:06 AM

4,172 posts, read 5,856,215 times
Build more jails and start imprisioning the consumers of drugs. You will see a sharp drop in demand and the impact will be felt in Afghanistan, Mexico, Columbia, etc. If drugs are not selling - guess what - they will have no incentive to produce them. US politicians do not have the guts to do this as it will implicate the kids of people who vote for them. It is easy and politically expedient to tell others not to produce drugs. All I am saying is that we can do much more internally as a part of the effort to solve drug trade.

Last edited by calmdude; 03-30-2009 at 10:20 AM..

Old 03-30-2009, 10:13 AM

41 posts, read 180,932 times
Quote:
Let's not, shall we?

Old 03-30-2009, 10:17 AM

http://dark-wraith.com/images/AfghanistanOpium0.png

[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefM48NBJyUsBNJOjzbkF/SIG=12784lnrv/EXP=1238516152/**http%3A//dark-wraith.com/images/AfghanistanOpium0.png[/IMG]
under the taliban production = 3011 tons
under america production = 6724 tons

under our watch, wow and WE know that what they sell comes back financing the terrorist OH MY GOD....we should let the taliban govern they did a better job or simple just buy all the opium so it doesnt finance the terrorist

were corrupt and our people dont stand for nothing anymore.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
our maybe we need to ask MILITARY genius tancredo what does he suggest in afghanistan. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or