U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:38 PM

11,961 posts, read 12,489,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

1010wins.com - NY farmers: We'll Cut Crops If We Lose Immigrants (http://www.1010wins.com/NY-farmers--We-ll-Cut-Crops-If-We-Lose-Immigrants/4101345 - broken link)
Just in case anyone didn't grasp the situation fully, immigrant populations have been growing out of control in suffolk county LI for over a decade. So have property taxes, which have reached historic levels since the over valuation of real estate. Some clever immigrants save enough money for a mortgage, turn it into an illegal boarding house. I believe one of them had over 30 men living in it hot racking. Rent was like $150 a week. Tax free income cash cow. Drinking out of garden hoses, double septic tanks spilling over... hurt the whole neighborhoods property values. Who is the villain? This is a story of a portuguese illegal immigrant exploiting mexican/ guatemalan immigrants.

The vast majority of these characters work for under the table landscaping companies who also have tax free cash cows. Most of the farms that existed on long island are gone because developers offered them millions, against the backdrop of competing against the price of produce imported from chile. Meanwhile, new mcmansions that nobody wants need their lawns mowed, and nobody can afford to own them anyhow because the developer decided one acre of dirt without a house is worth 80k.

Breaks my heart to see how greed destroyed my hometown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 10:39 PM

147 posts, read 186,795 times
Quite frankly I think it's apalling that businesses admit to employing illegal immigrants. You know, this whole problem is profitable to them. It only hurts US in the pockets. I'm sorry, but I don't akin illegals working here for less than minimum wage to that of slave labor. Slaves di not have a choice in being brought to this country. Illegals DO have a choice and trust me what they do not make in wages, their families MORE than make up for it with the assistance they recieve from the government, so it all works out. I don't here them complaining about slave wages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or