Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 08:16 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
With regard to your insistence that Californians hate illegal immigrants, specifically Hispanics..let me set you straight. Here's an analogy for you:

If somebody came into your house, robbed it, vandalized it, kicked your dog, and peed on your roses, you'd be pretty PO'd right?

Now, if that person who did all those rotten things to you was Chinese, would you be PO'd because the person iwas Chinese, or would you be PO'd because the person robbed your house, vandalized it, kicked your dog, and peed on your roses....regardless of what race he was?

Think about it.
I answered a question specifically in regards to Hispanics. So, you can re-read the entire thesis, as that quote was taken out of the context of the entire conversation.

Vandalism and robbery is different than illegal immigration. Why people equate them? I have no idea. As for your question...if somebody did this I'd be pissed and smoke some weed and clean my house, regardless of race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 08:24 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I answered a question specifically in regards to Hispanics. So, you can re-read the entire thesis, as that quote was taken out of the context of the entire conversation.

Vandalism and robbery is different than illegal immigration. Why people equate them? I have no idea. As for your question...if somebody did this I'd be pissed and smoke some weed and clean my house, regardless of race.
My point isn't to equate vandalism with illegal immigration. My point is that people object to illegal immigrants, not because of their race or ethnicity; rather, because of their actions,their illegal and criminal behavior, and the devastating environmental and economic affects they're having on the U.S.

The reason most of these feelings are toward Hispanics is because they are the majority of the illegal immigrants in this country.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
In the neighborhood where I lived, NO chickens were allowed. It was against the zoning laws. It was NOT a rural area.

And there were dozens and dozens of chickens.
Where in SD? Lemon Grove, Chula Vista, Skyline, South Park, Eastside?

Old 04-03-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
My point isn't to equate vandalism with illegal immigration. My point is that people object to illegal immigrants, not because of their race or ethnicity; rather, because of their actions.
Well, then your point was made with the wrong quotation...btw many do object based on race and culture.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Where in SD? Lemon Grove, Chula Vista, Skyline, South Park, Eastside?
I already told you....Spring Valley

I'm getting tired of you grilling me. Clearly you don't believe me. Well, tough.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:34 PM

Spring Valley is not bad...I def. don't believe you, or think that you really have a problem. It has a lower poverty rate than average and also has an average median income. Umm...Spring Valley is pretty tiny. I know neighboring La Mesa very well. My grandma lived near Spring Valley. Wow...umm...exaggerate much? Maybe just a bit (could be unintentional). Sorry, but I was thinking dire straights, not suburban Spring Valley. Lemon Grove is slightly worse, and even then it's not NEARLY as bad as you projected.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:35 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
With what cash and resources?
The resources will be made available.

Be advised one thing that is 'protecting' the Mexican drug cartels operating here in the USA is they usually prey on other Hispanic illegal aliens----------if the former started going after US citizens-----------then there will be hell to pay.

Us Americans have a long fuse.............just when finally provoked-----------we go ballistic and I will leave it at that.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The resources will be made available.

Be advised one thing that is 'protecting' the Mexican drug cartels operating here in the USA is they usually prey on other Hispanic illegal aliens----------if the former started going after US citizens-----------then there will be hell to pay.

Us Americans have a long fuse.............just when finally provoked-----------we go ballistic and I will leave it at that.
I'm not putting MY cash for a fence that won't work. I'm not putting MY hard earned money on troops along the border. I'm not in favor of tying up resources to round up people even suspected of being illegal, not with MY $. No...umm...HELL no. I'd rather see my cash work for me and go towards making better schools and hospitals...even if it does aid illegals.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Spring Valley is not bad...I def. don't believe you, or think that you really have a problem. It has a lower poverty rate than average and also has an average median income. Umm...Spring Valley is pretty tiny. I know neighboring La Mesa very well. My grandma lived near Spring Valley. Wow...umm...exaggerate much? Maybe just a bit (could be unintentional). Sorry, but I was thinking dire straights, not suburban Spring Valley. Lemon Grove is slightly worse, and even then it's not NEARLY as bad as you projected.
EXCUSE ME!!! You are absolutely wrong. Spring Valley has some of the most blighted homes in the entire County of San Diego. What rock did you crawl out from under?

Do you live in San Diego? Have you ever lived in Spring Valley?

The East Spring Valley/Rancho San Diego area is newer and has a higher median-income and higher median home prices. But West Spring Valley, in the Jamacha Rd./Jamacha Blvd. area is a slum.

I LIVED THERE. I am well aware of what it's like. Lemon Grove is actually better than Spring Valley. Are you SURE you've even been to San Diego?

At any rate, I'm done defending my post with you. I don't really give a hoot whether you believe me or not. The point is I'm outta there, and that's all that matters. I'll leave the illegals to people like you. Have at 'em!

Old 04-03-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
EXCUSE ME!!! You are absolutely wrong. Spring Valley has some of the most blighted homes in the entire County of San Diego. What rock did you crawl out from under?

Do you live in San Diego? Have you ever lived in Spring Valley?

The East Spring Valley/Rancho San Diego area is newer and has a higher median-income and higher median home prices. But West Spring Valley, in the Jamacha Rd./Jamacha Blvd. area is a slum.

I LIVED THERE. I am well aware of what it's like. Lemon Grove is actually better than Spring Valley. Are you SURE you've even been to San Diego?

At any rate, I'm done defending my post with you. I don't really give a hoot whether you believe me or not. The point is I'm outta there, and that's all that matters. I'll leave the illegals to people like you. Have at 'em!
It's just funny...I actually called up my friend to ask him about his opinions of Spring Valley. I told him your story. He chuckled.

My dad grew up in Lemon Grove. My dad went to Mount Miguel High. I know the area very well.

Blighted in the entire county of San Diego? Skyline? National City? Maybe you lived in Skyline...then I can see that. But you said Spring Valley. That's different.

It's funny that's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration