U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 01:39 PM

379 posts, read 515,540 times

Advertisements

My feeling is the U.S. Government doesn't care about us, and this country isn't one of the best in the world after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 01:40 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I believe that as you've stated in several ocassions AB, the hammer is falling, the crisis, drug violence and other issues have started to wake up our both goverments who had no choice but to stop ignoring these issues and start working together in common solutions.

I believe that people is starting to realize that because we are neighboors, and because of the important amounts of trade and investment between both countries, we either stand up together or fall together, the US' government can't afford anymore to ignore Mexico neither can Mexico ignore the US and the common problems we face.
And to run with your ball further: it would not hurt my feelings to see a modern, stable, affluent, intact Mexico as my neighbor.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:41 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,226,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Anger, Frustration, Disgust, Betrayal -- and an overwhelming sense of resolve to fight this invasion to the bitter end.
^

They ought to send their illegal butts back to their homelands!

Old 08-20-2009, 06:13 PM

155 posts, read 336,106 times
Get them out of here, but leave some to take the jobs we dont want.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:39 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdaleny View Post
Get them out of here, but leave some to take the jobs we dont want.
FYI: those jobs that 'we don't want' are looking very good to unemployed Americans these days.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:14 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,635,197 times
Opposed....

Old 08-21-2009, 02:30 PM

155 posts, read 336,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
FYI: those jobs that 'we don't want' are looking very good to unemployed Americans these days.
Thats true, people will take anything they can right now.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:20 PM

56 posts, read 223,395 times
My feelings are negative. Ill-legal is ill-legal - not legal. I have the same feelings about my home when I think of the air I breathe day and night here in Alberhill Ranch, negative feelings about the FUGITIVE DUST (and more, what is in the dust) coming from Pacific Aggregrate/Pacific Clay owned by Castle & Cooke. I don't like what I don't know and these ill-legal people just like what's in my air are unknown and could harm me. Ill-legals should be booted out of our country, and sent far away so they never come back.......

Old 12-16-2009, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdaleny View Post
Thats true, people will take anything they can right now.
Right....

any unemployed person can walk onto a farm and pick fruit - they get paid by the basketful that they pick. Your average unemployed dropout can stop by...but they never do. It's incredibly hard work. As long as there are crap jobs and people have a false sense of entitlement a 50k a year job there will always be the need for illegals. Face it: this has less to do with illegals and more to do with american greed and loathing hard work.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:09 AM

883 posts, read 450,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvrdgrad View Post
Who cares what everyone thinks. All this talk about immigration is just an excuse to be racist in my opinion. How come all of this talk about illegals is targeted toward Hispanics?! What about the other illegal immigrants that are in this county from Croatia, Italy, Ireland, South America, England, and other parts of the world.

This topic is like beating a dead horse. Some of us are sick of hearing peoples ugly racist views. Many people who have such a stern opinion on this topic have not even been to a third world country, or traveled out of the U.S., or even have the ability to put themselves in other peoples shoes. We know what the issues are on this subject, and frankly its a moot point.
100% agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or