U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 04:45 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,622,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I think Visas should be required for Mexicans to even visit the US.
I agree....if not Visa, at the very LEAST they should be required to have MasterCard, or American Express....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 05:51 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,902,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Anger, Frustration, Disgust, Betrayal -- and an overwhelming sense of resolve to fight this invasion to the bitter end.
What Benicar said, the same applies to me.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:46 PM

608 posts, read 791,750 times
I'm afraid that it's gone too far already. Americans are sick of this invasion that's costing us our tax dollars, jobs, the ability to visit the E.R., and even our own language in many communities. To make matters worse, many younger Hispanics of US citizenship are chosing to be identified as Mexican first, American second. If this issue is allowed to continue growing, vigilante justice from an outraged public may be the only way to stem the tide of this invasion. Hopefully people will band together to force the governmet to protect our borders and enforce employment laws regarding the hiring of illegals before it gets to that point.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:03 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,748,057 times
Illegal immigration infuriates me because it boils down to the U.S. being expected to absorb the weight of a huge part of Mexico and Central America's Mestizo poor. Their own countries don't want them, and so they're pawnied off on the U.S.

But the U.S. is in NO economic or environmental position to take on this herculean rescue. And yet, it is being shoved down Americans' throats. And if we dare to protest, we're called racist, nativist, and xenophobic.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:05 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
It will only be a matter of time before the same resolve that many feel turn to outright violence. Many innocent Hispanic Americans will be hurt when that happens.
That frightens me as well...............and, one may add any stereotypical non Hispanic 'Latino' looking person possibly being caught in the crossfire as well---------of any actual race/ethnicity.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:22 PM

4,089 posts, read 4,599,846 times
Complete betrayal. Govt. sponsored treason.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:10 PM

43 posts, read 45,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Hello people, this thread is to describe the feelings that this issue produce in you.
I admire their hard work, once you hire a crew of migrant workers you never go back to local lazy bums.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:10 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,622,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuita View Post
I admire their hard work, once you hire a crew of migrant workers you never go back to local lazy bums.
True.....and when you hire them, you'd better HOPE they never become legal...at which point, they'd soon realize they could work at the pace..(and demand the pay) of the 'local lazy bums'....

Nothing spoils a 'cheap operation' like an illegal crew becoming legal....it's like a 'hot' girlfriend becoming a demanding wife....

Old 04-01-2009, 06:06 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,895,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuita View Post
First I doubt that you have ever hired a legal contractor. If you had you would know that when they bid on a job.They Estimate the hours, materials and labor needed to complete the job and charge according to the estimate. They don't get paid more if their crew is a bunch of lazy bums and take twice as long as the estimate called for. Your post is typical of the pro-illegal rhetoric.
My house was built in 2000. No illegal labor was used. I know because I was on the job sight daily. It was completed in just over 4 months. 1 month ahead of sched...The workmanship is excellent and my house is anything but a standard project. Everything from the materials used to the geothermal heat pump are anything but standard. So please spare us the rhetoric of we can't live without illegal labor. Illegal labor is a problem not a solution.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:17 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,081,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmisspatriot View Post
Definitely right. You're smart for moving out of California. It's like Mestizo Hispanic-world here. More and more like Tijuana everyday.
As I am my parent's neighborhood, now 40-50% Hispanic (roughly 20% Black and roughly 30-40% White.) I don't see brown lawns. I don't see chickens. I don't hear mariachi music. I see an SUV pulling into a driveway of a typical 1970s tract home. A son and daughter are helping mom with unloading the car. It's a Lincoln. They are speaking in English and Spanish. They are waving out to an elderly White couple up the street.

Umm...the future is safe as long as we don't alienate people. In actuality, the majority of California is not becoming like TJ. Look at Yorba Linda, now 1/3 Hispanic...still the highest income city of its size. I usually talk to lawyers and doctors whose last names are Diaz or Calderone. It'll be fine. Just as long as we are smart about everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or