U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 12:17 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,080,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Yes and America looking out FIRST for her citizens is just terrible.

Well I have traveled extensively and I still believe that our laws need to be fully enforced. I do not buy into the fact that we need to solve the world's problems- I never have and I never will.

So because there is poverty elsewhere, we are supposed to be a lawless society here? We should have no laws and bring our society down to the level of others? No thanks.

Again, no one has a right to come here-no one. We already allow more legal immigrants than any other country on earth. Then throw in another 20-30 million illegal aliens.

When it comes to immigration law, I could care less what is beyond our borders. We have a right and a duty to secure our borders for the safety of our citizens. We have a right and duty to be a soverign nation. We have a right and duty to put America and her citizens first.

No amount of name calling, law breaking, pcness or tugging on the heart strings is going to change that.
What countries have you been to and for how long?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 12:22 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,176,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
How is that relevant? I really don't see how that equates to the border being secured and immigration laws being enforced. But I suppose instead of dealing with actual fact, like they are ILLEGAL and have no right to be here, we are supposed to play games to get off topic?

Are we suppose to play who is more "worldly" and who "knows better", based on how many countries they have visited and for how long? So because I have never been to country X for example I have no idea how they live and I certainly have no right to be against illegal aliens from country X? No thanks.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:24 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,620,778 times
Quote:
If there is a will....there is a way. The will is to allow people to come into this country and maintain our standard of living. We're smart people...we can figure this one out.
I BELIEVE there's still a method of doing that, called 'Legal Immigration'. It's been in effect for years...sounds VERY much like what you're advocating...controlled, legal, and beneficial to our society. It's a lot like the difference between inviting guests to a function at your home, as opposed to various members of the public just wandering in and out at will...(which, by the way, has NOTHING to do with your 'hating the public').

Legal immigration is worth your looking into...it can be raised or lowered in numbers, according to our needs....

Old 04-02-2009, 12:26 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,620,778 times
Quote:
What kind of car do you drive, and what was your GPA in college? Do you believe in deer hunting?

Old 04-02-2009, 12:30 PM

928 posts, read 1,203,171 times
Quote:
You don't think that entering a place illegally is wrong?

... and where do you live? I want to help myself to YOUR resouces

Old 04-02-2009, 12:44 PM

627 posts, read 780,401 times
I can take the race card and cover it with my king of hearts.

My employment has allowed me to travel to many continents and illegal immigration is there also, but the "man on the street" opinions seem to be more on target and less emotional than here, IMHO.

I haven't heard the wide variety of appeasements and supposedly humanitarian excuses cited as we hear in the good old US.

They are viewed by many as illegal leeches who have not taken steps to reform their countries to a level of acceptability. Thus they are coming (with dirty luggage) into OUR nations and helping themselves to all they can.

I believe the countries that limit and enforce immigration legal and illegal will benefit greatly from doing so in many ways. The ones that don't will contend with citizen disgruntlement and a wide range of serious social issues that go with it.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
What kind of car do you drive, and what was your GPA in college? Do you believe in deer hunting?
My GPA was a 3.2, I do like deer hunting (never been, but lots of deer in the local mountains)...But I seeing how I actually have a point with this, I want to see where the person went and for how long. It enables me to possibily relate and see why that person has that view. Oh and I drive a Mercury Sable...before a Ford Focus.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
How is that relevant? I really don't see how that equates to the border being secured and immigration laws being enforced. But I suppose instead of dealing with actual fact, like they are ILLEGAL and have no right to be here, we are supposed to play games to get off topic?

Are we suppose to play who is more "worldly" and who "knows better", based on how many countries they have visited and for how long? So because I have never been to country X for example I have no idea how they live and I certainly have no right to be against illegal aliens from country X? No thanks.
Kinda, well, seeing how immigration is a global issue. How can you tackle immigration issues, mind you an international issue, without having any international knowledge?

Old 04-02-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
You don't think that entering a place illegally is wrong?

... and where do you live? I want to help myself to YOUR resouces
Well, if you took my resources, worked around my house at a cheaper price, and paid for some of your way...We got an extra room!

Old 04-02-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I BELIEVE there's still a method of doing that, called 'Legal Immigration'. It's been in effect for years...sounds VERY much like what you're advocating...controlled, legal, and beneficial to our society. It's a lot like the difference between inviting guests to a function at your home, as opposed to various members of the public just wandering in and out at will...(which, by the way, has NOTHING to do with your 'hating the public').

Legal immigration is worth your looking into...it can be raised or lowered in numbers, according to our needs....
I beleive in a liberal, fair, open immigration policy. We should screen for criminals of course. We could institute a guest worker program. I think we have the opportunity to serve as a model for the rest of the world concerning immigration. It is an issue that every country faces.

I know that many on this board have not experience the seventh layer of hell (aka the former INS). It was inefficent, hard to navigate, and expensive. If we have a streamlined organization that quickly processes people (we have the technology and manpower), then why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or