Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:48 AM

9 posts, read 25,264 times

Advertisements

Who cares what everyone thinks. All this talk about immigration is just an excuse to be racist in my opinion. How come all of this talk about illegals is targeted toward Hispanics?! What about the other illegal immigrants that are in this county from Croatia, Italy, Ireland, South America, England, and other parts of the world.

This topic is like beating a dead horse. Some of us are sick of hearing peoples ugly racist views. Many people who have such a stern opinion on this topic have not even been to a third world country, or traveled out of the U.S., or even have the ability to put themselves in other peoples shoes. We know what the issues are on this subject, and frankly its a moot point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 11:51 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvrdgrad View Post
Who cares what everyone thinks. All this talk about immigration is just an excuse to be racist in my opinion. How come all of this talk about illegals is targeted toward Hispanics?! What about the other illegal immigrants that are in this county from Croatia, Italy, Ireland, South America, England, and other parts of the world.

This topic is like beating a dead horse. Some of us are sick of hearing peoples ugly racist views. Many people who have such a stern opinion on this topic have not even been to a third world country, or traveled out of the U.S., or even have the ability to put themselves in other peoples shoes. We know what the issues are on this subject, and frankly its a moot point.
And your point being?

Legal immigrants including Mexicans are welcome here in the USA

Illegal aliens irrespective of actual race/ethnicity need to leave---------or else.

Besides: there is no Mexican race; they come in all colors as well.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:53 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i thought you would never ask,
i think we have been sold out by our government and business people.
i think us telling the unions to take a hike was a big mistake.
see those hard working mexican people in the fields bent over all day, that is guna be your kids very soon.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:54 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,324,295 times
Quote:

Wow-your first post on the immigration forum and already using the race card-how very original. We are all very impressed.

So that is what they are teaching at Harvard these days, that if you want laws enforced then you are a racist? How lovely.

I really don't know what traveling to a third world country has to do with wanting the law enforced. So those who are world travlers don't want the law enforced and get to use the race card?

Old 04-02-2009, 12:01 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Wow-the race card-how very original. We are all very impressed.

So that is what they are teaching at Harvard these days, that if you want laws enforced then you are a racist? How lovely.

I really don't know what traveling to a third world country has to do with wanting the law enforced. So those who are world travlers don't want the law enforced and get to use the race card?
Well, policies become increasingly nationalistic and simplistic if you don't know what's beyond your borders.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:05 PM

9 posts, read 25,264 times
I think that many people in this country are afraid of a brown-out. Plain and simple. Not used to seeing people who are a little darker growing in numbers and being the majority. Get used to it.

People need to understand that world is changing. It is inevitable. Get used to it.

As far as that ridiculous fence is concerned. They can build fences from here to kingdom come and people will still get into this country. As my father-in-law says - Locks are for honest people. If someone wants to get in, the will.

As far as the comment about "our" children having to work in the fields - so what. That is the problem with this country in a lot of ways, people don't want to work for anything.

Many kids in this country are some of the most entitled, non-committed, disrespectful kids in the world.

BTW - There are many illegal immigrants who DO pay taxes.

People can complain, and let the hatred in their hearts shine through. It is really sad since so many in this country consider themselves Christian's.

I wonder what kind of Christian's. Obviously not the kind who worship the same God I worship.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:07 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
I'll ask YOU the same thing...."what ABOUT them", indeed? What's with all this 'anti-Hispanic sentiment', like you say...what about the illegals from South America?

You have a point there....(somewhere).

(SHORT answer?...most of those 'other' illegals are small in numbers....AND they have few defenders, since their cases don't lend themselves to the use of the 'race card', nor do they readily appeal to the many among us who suffer from 'affluent guilt'. MOST of the illegals you mention HAPPEN to be Caucasians..and the 'do-gooders' among us figure that THAT sort needs no sympathy from US...since they don't really "need" to be here, but are probably just having an 'adventure')

Old 04-02-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Well, policies become increasingly nationalistic and simplistic if you don't know what's beyond your borders.
Yes and America looking out FIRST for her citizens is just terrible.

Well I have traveled extensively and I still believe that our laws need to be fully enforced. I do not buy into the fact that we need to solve the world's problems- I never have and I never will.

So because there is poverty elsewhere, we are supposed to be a lawless society here? We should have no laws and bring our society down to the level of others? No thanks.

Again, no one has a right to come here-no one. We already allow more legal immigrants than any other country on earth. Then throw in another 20-30 million illegal aliens.

When it comes to immigration law, I could care less what is beyond our borders. We have a right and a duty to secure our borders for the safety of our citizens. We have a right and duty to be a soverign nation. We have a right and duty to put America and her citizens first.

No amount of name calling, law breaking, pcness or tugging on the heart strings is going to change that.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:13 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
I think that many people in this country are afraid of a brown-out. Plain and simple. Not used to seeing people who are a little darker growing in numbers and being the majority. Get used to it.

People need to understand that world is changing. It is inevitable. Get used to it.

As far as that ridiculous fence is concerned. They can build fences from here to kingdom come and people will still get into this country. As my father-in-law says - Locks are for honest people. If someone wants to get in, the will.

As far as the comment about "our" children having to work in the fields - so what. That is the problem with this country in a lot of ways, people don't want to work for anything.

Many kids in this country are some of the most entitled, non-committed, disrespectful kids in the world.

People can complain, and let the hatred in their hearts shine through. It is really sad since so many in this country consider themselves Christian's.

I wonder what kind of Christian's. Obviously not the kind who worship the same God I worship.
Your Father-in-Law is quite correct. Honest people not only don't NEED locks to keep them honest; they don't even OBJECT to locks. HONEST people don't even know if your door is locked or NOT....since they never even 'jiggle' the doorknob. Honest people enter your home when they're invited; they also leave before being asked to.

Your father in law sounds like a wise man.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:

I wonder what kind of Christian comes on a forum for the first time and calls those people who want the law enforced racists.

I wonder what kind of Christian condones law breaking.

"Many" illegal aliens pay taxes? Wow under whose Identification? By the way plenty of lawbreakers-robbers, murderers, etc. pay taxes as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration