U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What upsets you the most about illegal immigration?
Abetting by omission of the government 7 12.07%
Diferent law enforcement for citizens vs illegals 7 12.07%
Overcrowding of schools/services 3 5.17%
Growing spanish usage 3 5.17%
Their entitlement attitude 15 25.86%
Their massive numbers 3 5.17%
Welfare/Resource drain 12 20.69%
Crime 6 10.34%
Job loss 2 3.45%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:24 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times

Advertisements

utter betrayal of the american people by their government and business interests for 30 years, under the table NAFTA, and still they both swear know nothing about it.
unions could have stopped it but americans gave them "ye ol heav ho" knowing that they would be wealthy forever and did not need unions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 05:52 PM

14 posts, read 15,381 times
Unions are blood sucking and use the work force to their own advantages. AMNESTY HERE WE COME!!!!

Old 04-09-2009, 06:19 PM

117 posts, read 259,517 times
How people always bring it up when a Hispanic is in the news

Old 04-09-2009, 06:50 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
How people always bring it up when a Hispanic is in the news
And here I thought that it was just illegal aliens that have no right to be here who commit crimes that make the news.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:24 AM

3,111 posts, read 4,399,130 times
What bugs me is that we have this weird law that if a child is born on US soil they are a citizen, even if one or both of the parents are illegal. IMHO, if we changed that ONE law, we could stem the tide. And that's a humane thing to do. Women are putting their lives and their unborn babies lives at risk by crossing illegally into the US when they are in the last stages of pregnancy. It's insane. Pregnant mothers crossing 120 degree deserts in the summer, sneaking across the cold and windy deserts in the winter, crossing rivers and mountains to get here when they should be in bed, or in a hospital in Mexico. SHAME on Mexico for caring so little for its citizens. Shame on the US for not stemming this tide. Shame on all of us for letting it get so far.

What I don't get is this: if Mexican citizens cannot effect the changes they want in Mexico to make it the country they would want to live in, why do they think moving here and clogging our system will help this country maintain the things they are willing to die trying to move to?

Meanwhile, the terrorists we are trying to keep under control with this war are figuring out they can make it through our porous borders. Pogo was right. "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Old 04-10-2009, 12:56 PM

346 posts, read 387,130 times
All of the above in the poll are bothersome.

Just the fact that they're living here is illegal.

They have more babies than the average rodent and they have them in this country because they know they are protected by the 14th amendment which grants the offspring instant citizenship. That is absurd and needs to be repealed!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:39 PM

4,483 posts, read 7,537,562 times
Here's what I think about illegal aliens no matter what race they are: It's just sad that the majority of them happen to be of hispanic decent. I think ALL that on that list you wrote in the poll impact us as US citizens. First the ones that show no gratitude to the fact that they barely get a slap on the wrist if that, not to mention tkg our jobs!...& I mean tkg our jobs because if you're here illegally you shoun't hv one! I'm not racist in the sense and nev will be. It's not the race of the illegal hispanic I'm pissed off about, it's the act of what they do, they're attitude of entitlement to things, the fact that they get away with certain things that even a lot of us citizens don't get, what they're allowed like benefits, driving priviledges, the list goes on! What boggles me is how our govt has
allow this to go on and if it's not allowed and they're here illegally. Why isn't our law enforcement cracking down more on this?! Or is it just that there are so many illegals flooding CA that we can't do anything about it! I'm not a hateful person, in fact I'm very patient and hv a high tolerance for certain crap that goes on, but when people do anything illegal they shouldn't get away w/ it but be punished...I don't care who you are, otherwise why even hv laws or a govt?!

What do you think?

Old 06-22-2009, 09:53 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,048,183 times
I thnik the worse is that they believe that they can skip to the head of the line and then frequently get involved in other fraud such as fake SS numbers and their drain on our resources such as medical care.They gripe about our countries policies when their like mexico is so corrupt and they do nothing about it really.We can't run their country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration