U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 06:50 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times

Advertisements

see thats the funny part, i wasnt talkin about you.
i qouted someone else. you took the liberty, thought i was talking about you and then quoted me with that nice lil phrase "you people". i dont care. im sure you meant a general "you".
but i was never talkin about you. not when i quoted antialph.
and when you seemed dumfounded by how this turned into an ethnicist/racist issue i used a word that was used by another poster, just so that you dont be blind to how people act on this board.

you know they say, "if the shoes fits..."

in this case obviously the shoe dont fit you, so why you getting all worked up?

i wasnt talking about you.

and i aint trying to paint you as a racist. in quoting antialph i was referring to those other posters on this forum. i mention people. i have no problem with that. if i dont like what you say i will name you, by quotation or otherwise.

we really need to stop meeting like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Please indicate where I used the term “Hispandering” or made ANY reference to race or ethnicity. Unless you can, you really need to stop trying to portray me as a racist. It’s baseless, and you know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 06:54 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

and raza means lots of stuff. its like "the people"
It DOES? What people? AS opposed to what OTHER people? If 'la raza' means its members are 'the people', what does it consider NON-members? The artichokes?

I thought we were ALL people.....

Old 03-31-2009, 06:57 PM

oh c'mon now. its tied to that one philosopher. the whole term refers to the cosmic race. la raza cosmica. the meeting of different worlds. indigenous. african. european. its the new people. the mixed folks which make up most of mexico now.

its not the ONLY people. or the CHOSEN people. its just like the peoples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
It DOES? What people? AS opposed to what OTHER people? If 'la raza' means its members are 'the people', what does it consider NON-members? The artichokes?

I thought we were ALL people.....

Old 03-31-2009, 07:01 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
see thats the funny part, i wasnt talkin about you.
i qouted someone else. you took the liberty, thought i was talking about you and then quoted me with that nice lil phrase "you people". i dont care. im sure you meant a general "you".
but i was never talkin about you. not when i quoted antialph.
and when you seemed dumfounded by how this turned into an ethnicist/racist issue i used a word that was used by another poster, just so that you dont be blind to how people act on this board.

you know they say, "if the shoes fits..."

in this case obviously the shoe dont fit you, so why you getting all worked up?

i wasnt talking about you.

and i aint trying to paint you as a racist. in quoting antialph i was referring to those other posters on this forum. i mention people. i have no problem with that. if i dont like what you say i will name you, by quotation or otherwise.

we really need to stop meeting like this.
BS! Go back to post 7 and 9, and then tell me again you were not referring to me.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:08 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
oh c'mon now. its tied to that one philosopher. the whole term refers to the cosmic race. la raza cosmica. the meeting of different worlds. indigenous. african. european. its the new people. the mixed folks which make up most of mexico now.

its not the ONLY people. or the CHOSEN people. its just like the peoples.
OK...so it's not the "only" people; nor the "chosen" people; just 'the people'.(?) But it's apparently a 'special' enough 'people' that it has its own group, promoting its rights over the rights of outsiders...right? I mean, just where does THIS stuff end, and 'racism' begin? "Fuera la Raza, Nada"? Certainly doesn't sound like a very NICE bunch of people, in my opinion....and that I can state with certainty

Old 03-31-2009, 07:20 PM

fuera la raza? isnt that the 70's battle cry of some radical youth group? thats not NCLR. but they are a nice group of people.

but if you object to them, well then i guess we should do away with the NAACP. or any other "special" rights group.

c'mon now, i know your smarter than this. you are very smart in fact. thats what i like about you. dont buy into this idea that LA RAZA, the way it is thrown around on this forum means anything. its aboogey man that was created. there is no Luh-rah-suh.

NCLR? yes. RAZA UNIDA PARTY? i think. LR Lawyers association? apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
OK...so it's not the "only" people; nor the "chosen" people; just 'the people'.(?) But it's apparently a 'special' enough 'people' that it has its own group, promoting its rights over the rights of outsiders...right? I mean, just where does THIS stuff end, and 'racism' begin? "Fuera la Raza, Nada"? Certainly doesn't sound like a very NICE bunch of people, in my opinion....and that I can state with certainty

Old 03-31-2009, 07:21 PM

i was not referring to you. i have no problem quoting who i want and naming them. if i was talking about you. i would.

but lets just drop it. i hate these simple back and forths.

please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
BS! Go back to post 7 and 9, and then tell me again you were not referring to me.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:50 PM

254 posts, read 416,929 times
I didn't realize being apart of an immigrant advocacy group disqualified you from serving in government.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:40 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleWA View Post
I didn't realize being apart of an immigrant advocacy group disqualified you from serving in government.
It doesn’t. Being affiliated with a bona fide immigrant advocacy group should not disqualify one from serving in the Obama administration. However, being an advocate for “illegal aliens” should. If a member of the KKK was appointed to the Obama administration to head Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity, most people would be outraged, notwithstanding his/her credentials.

These groups may have previously had honorable agendas, much like the old ACLU. Now, they are only concerned with preserving the lucrative illegal alien cheap labor industry. As such, IMO, this is a conflict of interest. You can’t serve the best interest of the citizens of the U.S. AND illegal aliens.

Quote:
MALDEF's mission is twofold: to "safeguard the civil rights of Latinos" and to "expand the opportunities for Latinos" in American society. MALDEF defines the category of Latinos to encompass both American citizens and illegal aliens.
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/g...asp?grpid=6156

A case won by MALDEF is the reason we are paying for illegal alien children K-12:

Quote:
MALDEF has achieved significant legal victories with the landmark U.S. Supreme Court case, Plyler v. Doe. The Court struck down a Texas law that allowed districts to charge tuition to children of undocumented immigrant parents.
MALDEF: About MALDEF

Quote:
The case originated in Texas in 1977. Lawyers for a group of children illegally in the state filed a class-action lawsuit seeking a free public education. Lawyers for Texas school districts argued that an influx of illegal students would ruin the public schools. A district court ruled in the plaintiffs’ favor. The ruling was upheld on appeal, first to the 5th circuit and then to the Supreme Court in 1982.
Plyler v. Doe (1982) Transforms American Public Schools

Quote:
In a corollary campaign, MALDEF has sued to compel universities to charge low, in-state tuition rates to illegal immigrants. MALDEF also holds that failing to provide bilingual ballots for Hispanic voters is discriminatory, and equates English-language ballots with the racism-inspired literacy tests once used to disenfranchise black voters in the American South.
Companies That Donate To MALDEF : Diggers Realm

Quote:
Trasvina called the suit “a mean-spirited effort to deny undocumented students an education.”
Truther - Out-of-State Students Sue Over Tuition

Re: Illegal immigration raids

Quote:
John Trasviña, president of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund, said ongoing immigration raids could interfere with an accurate count of Latinos, which is crucial for electing more leaders from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Stop Immigration Raids During Census, Says Latino Advocate (http://www.diversityinc.com/public/4644.cfm - broken link)

Re: Comprehensive Immigration Reform (CIR) and Border Fence

Quote:
John Trasviña, Interim President and General Counsel, MALDEF

"The Secure Fence Act should be called the Secure Election Act. It is a travesty that Congress utterly failed in achieving comprehensive immigration reform and could only pass in its waning days a bill for a fence that will take years to complete and does nothing to address America's immigration or labor needs. The President's signing into law of this bill simply reiterates that failure."
Media Matters - On Fox News Sunday , Wallace failed to challenge Steele's claim that Hispanic leaders support border security first

More evidence of his loyalties:

Quote:
It is, Mr. Trasviña said, a question of fostering acceptance of Latinos, who have been victimized by hate, in the hands of perpetrators who attack them because of their ethnicity, and overzealousness, in the hands of local police officers who have been deputized to act as immigration enforcers in communities nationwide.
Today They Celebrate, Tomorrow They March For Immigration Reform « Feet In 2 Worlds, Immigration News

Quote:
Mr. Trasviña testified in the last Congress before the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee in support of extension of the Voting Rights Act and before the U.S. House Education and Workforce Committee against English Only legislation.
Conference Speakers

Quote:
Another area where local ordinances interact with immigration laws is the prohibition of day laborers seeking employment by gathering around high traffic areas. In 2005, MALDEF obtained court orders blocking the implementation of ordinances in two Southern California communities. It continues to monitor day labor ordinances and fight unwise restrictive proposals.
Quote:
In addition, the City of Los Angeles is contemplating what many consider to be model legislation that would require temporary worker centers to be co-located on the premises of very large home improvement stores.]This workable approach allows local officials to advance safe and secure hiring without involving themselves in the federal act of setting immigration policy.
Hispanic Link | Weekly Report | Guest Columns (http://www.hispaniclink.org/newsservice/columns/2006/4183e.htm - broken link)

Old 04-01-2009, 12:48 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
The 'Hispanic' advocacy groups would be wise in dropping 'la raza' from their names----------the words' connotations are too close to phrases like 'White Power'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or