Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 01:59 PM

6 posts, read 8,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The 'Hispanic' advocacy groups would be wise in dropping 'la raza' from their names----------the words' connotations are too close to phrases like 'White Power'.
Yeppers.

What's the difference between losers like NCLR and the KKK or Neo-Nazis? Only white people get called out for being racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 02:39 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmisspatriot View Post
Yeppers.

What's the difference between losers like NCLR and the KKK or Neo-Nazis? Only white people get called out for being racist.
And the screaming irony is even if brown Latinos as a group try to pawn themself off as Spaniards the former would not be accepted in Spain due in part to the latter being White supremacist themselves.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:39 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,663,530 times
Quote:
And the screaming irony is even if brown Latinos as a group try to pawn themself off as Spaniards the former would not be accepted in Spain due in part to the latter being White supremacist themselves.

wow. expert on everything latino/hispanic/brown? thanks for the laughs.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:48 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

wow. expert on everything latino/hispanic/brown? thanks for the laughs.
Several 'brown' Hispanics told me that personally; they visited Spain and received the cold shoulder for not being White Spaniards.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:00 PM

thats euros being euro.
i know several people, light, bright and damn near white who recieved awful treatment all over europe. they were those "americans". even the brown ones i know were stared at and treated differently (according to them.) euros aint looking at these people like "oh theyre new mexican(the state) or oh those are hispanics. they dont see the differences. we are just Americans to them.

a long time ago in college i did have some hispanic friends who studied abroad in spain. the biggest issue was spainards telling them how to speak. i specifically remember a friend telling me how her host "mother" instructed her to respond when called. my friend, like many mexicans, was accustomed to saying "mande usted" which loosely means "at your service". her "mother" told her, "you are not a servant, you do not have to speak like that." my friend was not brown. she was half slav in fact.

i think there are other factors that come into play. in the end, some europeans just dont take too kindly to "americans" regardless of ethnic/racial lineage.

what i also know is that all my friends who visit/ed europe dont try to pretend they are spanish or european. they are very proud in their own heritage; mexican, argentine, mutt, DR, whatever.

but im sure if i went to africa trying to be pass myself off as nigerian i would be treated differently...

Quote:
Several 'brown' Hispanics told me that personally; they visited Spain and received the cold shoulder for not being White Spaniards.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:41 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,019 times
Quote:
Damn you must REALLY know a lot of Hispanics personally.
You know white ones, brown ones, ones that go to spain, ones that get rejected from gangs because they were born in Mexico, ones that hate Native Americans on and on and on. And oddly enough, they ALL support your theories...crazy..

Old 04-03-2009, 04:12 PM

tell me about it. thats our resident expert on hispanicist studies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Damn you must REALLY know a lot of Hispanics personally.
You know white ones, brown ones, ones that go to spain, ones that get rejected from gangs because they were born in Mexico, ones that hate Native Americans on and on and on. And oddly enough, they ALL support your theories...crazy..

Old 04-03-2009, 04:26 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,044,681 times
Quote:
You are right that some Spaniards do not accept us. However, we do not come from white supremacist countries.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
You are right that some Spaniards do not accept us. However, we do not come from white supremacist countries.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:58 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
fuera la raza? isnt that the 70's battle cry of some radical youth group? thats not NCLR. but they are a nice group of people.
Not to mention that NCLR also supports border enforcement, has advocated reimbursing states for the costs associated with illegal immigrants, and has supported legislation to punish employers of illegal immigrants.

"NCLR has never supported and does not endorse the notion of a “Reconquista” or “Aztlán.”' National Council of La Raza: Reconquista and Segregation (http://www.nclr.org/section/reconquista/ - broken link)

I fail to see how they're an evil group just because their name sounds similar to that of some more extreme groups (e.g. La Raza Unida) One doesn't have to agree with every one of their positions but they clearly are not extremists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration