U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-30-2009, 06:37 PM
 
4,268 posts, read 13,712,106 times
Reputation: 3338

Advertisements

For all intensive purposes, the ITIN # is essentially the non-citizen's SSN#. You guys are arguing about semantics and the topic serves little purpose to the OP's question. And to the individual who keeps telling the OP to go back to to where she came from, you are also not contributing to the topic. The U.S.A. IS is his country. When you're 4 and your parents take you to a foreign country and that's where you live for the next 15 years of your life, then let us know if what you're saying makes any friggin' sense. He pays his taxes and sounds like a model citizen. That's more than I can say for some who were born here.

 
Old 03-30-2009, 06:39 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
For all intensive purposes, the ITIN # is essentially the non-citizen's SSN#. You guys are arguing about semantics and the topic serves little purpose to the OP's question. And to the individual who keeps telling the OP to go back to to where she came from, you are also not contributing to the topic. The U.S.A. IS is his country. When you're 4 and your parents take you to a foreign country and that's where you live for the next 15 years of your life, then let us know if what you're saying makes any friggin' sense. He pays his taxes and sounds like a model citizen. That's more than I can say for some who were born here.
It is not semantics. Thank you for making my point.
 
Old 03-30-2009, 07:07 PM
 
4,268 posts, read 13,712,106 times
Reputation: 3338
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
It is not semantics. Thank you for making my point.
I just want to make sure that the point I was trying to make is indeed the same point you were trying to make, 'cuz I'm doubtful.

My point:
If
SSN and/or ITIN = Paying taxes, and
OP = Paying taxes, then
SSN and/or ITIN = OP
That is what I meant by semantics. Who cares what you call it. The OP said he's got one and contributes to society as a citizen, even if he isn't legally one yet.

However, I think the point you're trying to make is:
SSN = Legal Citizen,
ITIN = Non-citizen, and
OP = Illegal, therefore
nothing equals and he should be deported
So I believe your point is the same as the other dude's which is: "Go back to the country that you were born in even though you left when you were 4, lived in the States for 15 years, and I don't care that living in the States illegally is no fault of your own; I just want all illegals out because every single one of them is what's wrong with society."

Well, I'm just conjecturing what your reason is for advising the OP to leave the U.S. when this is the only way of life he knows.

Anyway, I don't think I made your point but I apologize to the OP. I am off-topic.
 
Old 03-30-2009, 07:08 PM
 
8 posts, read 57,326 times
Reputation: 18
I can't believe how people can be so heartless.

We've discussed this with our lawyer already. We're practically American Citizens. We just don't have the title. Regarding the SSN, we've already asked about that and there is nothing wrong with it. We have proof of paying our taxes and doing EVERYTHING that American Citizens have been during for the last 20 years. As a matter of fact, the fact that we paid our taxes and we have every proof of document was a very strong case in our part. This actually quicken the procedures with my brother when his wife petitioned him.

People think it's easy to just pack up and go back to our country so we can reenter Simply the "legal" way. Do you know how difficult it's been for me my whole life? If I could leave the U.S, I would. For god's sake, I haven't even felt the soil of my own birthplace for 15 whole years! I should go back for what? So I can please the heartless people in here to satisfy justice in your country which I'm sure you're not even 50% proud of? If I go back to my country, I can't apply to go back. Like I said, I'm waiting for my petition in 2-5 years so I can finally have legal status. Am I just going to throw that away because people are concerned that I didn't enter legally? No way. I'm not going to throw that away. I've been waiting 15 years and I'm finally getting legal status in 2-5 years.

If people are concern about "illegal aliens" not paying taxes, well, I'm not one of them. I'm actually paying my taxes. I hold a DELIVERY VENDOR'S LICENSE and my FILING FREQUENCY IS MONTHLY. I'm probably paying more taxes than any average American Citizen because I don't have any children and my income is high (AVG. $5,000-$7,000) sometimes I double that amount because my business focuses on wholesale trading and there is consistent cash flow.

My family actually contributed in this economy. We didn't take advantage of anything if that's the issue here.

Btw, my SSN IS AUTHENTIC. It's under my real name. Even after my brother became a citizen, his SSN never changed because it's legal.

I have 3 credit cards opened using my REAL SSN. I have an Apartment Lease Contract using my SSN. I have an FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number) using my SSN. I was able to get a Business License because of my REAL SSN. It's not fake. My parents told me, when we all got our SSN, ALL OUR INFORMATION WAS ACCURATE. Nothing was changed. If it was under false information, I wouldn't be able to open a Bank Account or yet apply for a loan because my birthdate has to be matched with my SSN as well as my full real name.
 
Old 03-30-2009, 07:13 PM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,886 posts, read 12,538,974 times
Reputation: 5210
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
For all intensive purposes, the ITIN # is essentially the non-citizen's SSN#. You guys are arguing about semantics and the topic serves little purpose to the OP's question. And to the individual who keeps telling the OP to go back to to where she came from, you are also not contributing to the topic. The U.S.A. IS is his country. When you're 4 and your parents take you to a foreign country and that's where you live for the next 15 years of your life, then let us know if what you're saying makes any friggin' sense. He pays his taxes and sounds like a model citizen. That's more than I can say for some who were born here.

if he was an illegal alien at age 4 and lived here until he was 90 and never got naturalized, then he would still be an illegal alien NO matter how long he lived here.
 
Old 03-30-2009, 07:16 PM
 
12,620 posts, read 17,687,512 times
Reputation: 2988
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if you are an illegal alien, go to your country of birth and apply to immigrate here. until then, leave.


I agree. You are breaking the law. Why should you get to jump ahead of others that go the legal route to come here.
 
Old 03-30-2009, 07:18 PM
 
4,268 posts, read 13,712,106 times
Reputation: 3338
Quote:
Originally Posted by csllc View Post
I can't believe how people can be so heartless.
You don't need to prove yourself to them.

I know what you are going through is not easy. Just take it one day at a time. It sounds like you make good money. I really think it would be a wise investment to talk to your lawyer about how you can get a driver's license. There has to be a way.

In their defense, I think they're just very passionate about the topic. So much so that everything is black and white to them and there are no shades of gray. I am a strong proponent of immigration reform but I don't think it's as clear cut as "get all the illegals out".

You and your family have worked hard and soon enough, things will get better. Keep the faith and in the meantime, keep that bus pass handy!!

Last edited by foma; 03-30-2009 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: spelling
 
Old 03-30-2009, 07:19 PM
 
4,268 posts, read 13,712,106 times
Reputation: 3338
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if he was an illegal alien at age 4 and lived here until he was 90 and got naturalized, then he would still be an illegal alien NO matter how long he lived here.
You've beat that point to death. No one's disagreeing with you.
 
Old 03-30-2009, 07:22 PM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,886 posts, read 12,538,974 times
Reputation: 5210
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
You've beat that point to death. No one's disagreeing with you.
someone obviously did with my earlier post.
 
Old 03-30-2009, 07:54 PM
 
1,117 posts, read 1,747,010 times
Reputation: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by csllc View Post
I can't believe how people can be so heartless.

We've discussed this with our lawyer already. We're practically American Citizens. We just don't have the title.

My family actually contributed in this economy. We didn't take advantage of anything if that's the issue here.

Btw, my SSN IS AUTHENTIC. It's under my real name. Even after my brother became a citizen, his SSN never changed because it's legal
I'm sorry, but my heart doesn't bleed for you. You and your family are NOT "practically American citizens" because all of you are in this country illegally, and the social security numbers you have are not valid (they were obtained illegally).

Overstaying a visa and then illegally obtaining a social security number and then paying taxes DOES NOT make one worthy of U.S. citizenship.
Everthing about your life here in the U.S. is a lie. And you have a lot of nerve coming on this forum and posting your whiny plea for us to help you continue your farce. You're actually asking people to tell you how to get around the legalities of obtaining a driver's license!

You really have a lot of nerve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top