U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 09:00 PM

1,788 posts, read 4,149,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by csllc View Post
I can't believe how people can be so heartless.
What you're doing is a slap in the face to every single immigrant who comes here legally. I have to agree; if you're not here legally, we don't want you. If you're willing to follow the law and enter in the proper manner, I'd welcome you with enthusiasm.

Your parents are criminals, and they made you a criminal too. But now you're a legal adult, and you stayed here even though you know it's against the law. Sorry, but we've got plenty of people trying to get in the right way, you and your family should go to the back of the line. It's not always about the taxes, you see.

Not only do you have an illegally obtained SS number, but now you're asking for help in subverting the law in order to obtain a driver's license. This doesn't show you in a positive light, as it's just more law-breaking that you're doing. We do not want criminals here, and that's what you are.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:07 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
What you're doing is a slap in the face to every single immigrant who comes here legally. I have to agree; if you're not here legally, we don't want you. If you're willing to follow the law and enter in the proper manner, I'd welcome you with enthusiasm.

Your parents are criminals, and they made you a criminal too. But now you're a legal adult, and you stayed here even though you know it's against the law. Sorry, but we've got plenty of people trying to get in the right way, you and your family should go to the back of the line. It's not always about the taxes, you see.
Agreed. But they, of course, can't walk and chew gum at the same time and they damn sure aren't capable of thinking about the needs of America and Americans. As we all know their small world revolves around them and only them.

Thanks to them, this country is overrun with the bottom rung of their 3rd world cesspool crime rates, breeding habits and overall chaotic, culture of dysfunction and lawlessness. Yet, despite breaking every law on the US books, they have the nerve to demand amnesty, freebies and the master key to the US kingdom.

Give me a break.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 03-30-2009 at 09:21 PM..

Old 03-30-2009, 09:10 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
This is simply another DREAMie sob story. Ive read countless similar accounts on their website. No doubt, this person was coaxed into posting on this forum by other DREAMies in a lame attempt to garner sympathy and support for the DREAM Act. Its no coincidence that this is being posted here during a time when they are again pushing for the passage of this amnesty scam.

They all have the same story:

I came here as a child through no fault of my own
This is the only country I know
Why should I be punished for something I had no control over
I only want a chance to live my life as an American
If I return to my country of origin Ill be lost
My parents pay taxes
Etc., etc., etc.

We have active threads exposing the amnesty-laden DREAM Act. This post was intended to counter that info. Im not buying it. You can call me callous, racist, xenophobic, or anything else; I really dont care. Furthermore, this story is so full of holes it could be used as a colander.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:14 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
While I've known MANY illegals myself, (back in the days before it became such a HUGE problem), found most of them to be nice people, and can CERTAINLY see the 'human side' of the problem, (for example, the case being discussed in this thread), the fact is that illegal immigration has now EXPLODED into the public consciousness..has mushroomed into ENORMOUS numbers....and has become a serious and divisive social issue....and has NOT been resolved by several amnesties, 'looking the other way', or by the presence of the unarmed "Minute Men". NONE of these things resolved the problem, and today, patience is wearing thin.

To all those who insist that the present-day attitude of those who want to take 'sterner measures' to resolve the problem, I pose the following rhetorical question:
In your honest opinion, (and in your own mind), do you believe that illegal immigrants would STOP coming across the border, if we ASKED them NICELY to STOP?....Do you honestly feel that, if those illegals who have been here just a few years were ASKED POLITELY, that they would LEAVE ?

I can tell you what I think....I think the answer to BOTH questions would be "NO"...that illegals are NOT going to quit violating our borders and our laws, just because we ASK them to....I think they're going to have to be FORCED.....and when that happens, it's going to seem "cruel"...and possibly "unfriendly".....but I honestly don't think the problem's going to go away by 'gentlemans' agreement'....do you?

And to the OP, you have my sympathy.....but remember, it's not YOU personally we're mad at....it's 20 million (plus) OTHERS, many of whom do NOT share your fine qualities...and that's a HUGE problem today.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is simply another DREAMie sob story. Ive read countless similar accounts on their website. No doubt, this person was coaxed into posting on this forum by other DREAMies in a lame attempt to garner sympathy and support for the DREAM Act. Its no coincidence that this is being posted here during a time when they are again pushing for the passage of this amnesty scam.

They all have the same story:

I came here as a child through no fault of my own
This is the only country I know
Why should I be punished for something I had no control over
I only want a chance to live my life as an American
If I return to my country of origin Ill be lost
My parents pay taxes
Etc., etc., etc.

We have active threads exposing the amnesty-laden DREAM Act. This post was intended to counter that info. Im not buying it. You can call me callous, racist, xenophobic, or anything else; I really dont care. Furthermore, this story is so full of holes it could be used as a colander.
I call you an intelligent, articulate, wise to their BS American. Thank you for your accurate summation of what they really are.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:16 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,717,419 times
What is wrong with spending a few years in the military, earning some GI benefits and American citizenship at the same time? It is completely legal. It solves all your problems. Just get off your tail and go sign up. Lots of people have done this--
i've never heard even one complaint.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
While I've known MANY illegals myself, (back in the days before it became such a HUGE problem), found most of them to be nice people, and can CERTAINLY see the 'human side' of the problem, (for example, the case being discussed in this thread), the fact is that illegal immigration has now EXPLODED into the public consciousness..has mushroomed into ENORMOUS numbers....and has become a serious and divisive social issue....and has NOT been resolved by several amnesties, 'looking the other way', or by the presence of the unarmed "Minute Men". NONE of these things resolved the problem, and today, patience is wearing thin.

To all those who insist that the present-day attitude of those who want to take 'sterner measures' to resolve the problem, I pose the following rhetorical question:
In your honest opinion, (and in your own mind), do you believe that illegal immigrants would STOP coming across the border, if we ASKED them NICELY to STOP?....Do you honestly feel that, if those illegals who have been here just a few years were ASKED POLITELY, that they would LEAVE ?

I can tell you what I think....I think the answer to BOTH questions would be "NO"...that illegals are NOT going to quit violating our borders and our laws, just because we ASK them to....I think they're going to have to be FORCED.....and when that happens, it's going to seem "cruel"...and possibly "unfriendly".....but I honestly don't think the problem's going to go away by 'gentlemans' agreement'....do you?

And to the OP, you have my sympathy.....but remember, it's not YOU personally we're mad at....it's 20 million (plus) OTHERS, many of whom do NOT share your fine qualities...and that's a HUGE problem today.
Well stated. We've had several amnesties and it has served no other purpose than to encourage more illegal aliens running across our border and squatting in anticipation of another amnesty.

Because it can't be repeated enough:

DEFINITION OF INSANITY: Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different outcome.

NO AMNESTY!!!!!

Old 03-30-2009, 09:24 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I call you an intelligent, articulate, wise to their BS American. Thank you for your accurate summation of what they really are.
Thank you. This BS gets tiresome.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:24 PM

4,268 posts, read 13,715,843 times
Am I understanding this correctly? I've seen the same suggestion posted twice: join the military. You are asking someone who you abhor on the most fundamental level because of the wrongdoings of their parents to serve and protect a country whose people don't even want them? Yup, real convincing. I'm sure that goes right on the top of the list of solutions.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:36 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,717,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Am I understanding this correctly? I've seen the same suggestion posted twice: join the military. You are asking someone who you abhor on the most fundamental level because of the wrongdoings of their parents to serve and protect a country whose people don't even want them? Yup, real convincing. I'm sure that goes right on the top of the list of solutions.
It is HIS choice. If he choses not to take an obvious and legal solution, then he should be deported. (Duh) As long as there is a solution, why does he need any help or consideration what-so-ever. If he wants to be an American, thye first thing he needs to do is take control of his own life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or