U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-01-2009, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw0rdfish View Post
Either NCLR members are all brown, partially brown or any other color, how this make NCLR members ILEGAL ALIENS? Are you telling me that the way they look has nothing to do with this assumption?
I never said that NCLR members are illegal aliens. I said NCLR is an advocacy group FOR illegal aliens; just as MALDEF, LULAC, CASA de Maryland, et al. represent illegal aliens under the guise of “immigrant” rights.

My opinion of La Raza has absolutely no connection to “the way they look.” As you know, Hispanics are not all “brown.” I was married to a non-brown Hispanic, and my son is a non-brown Hispanic (technically half), albeit he looks very much Latino.

For the record; I don’t like or dislike people on the basis of their skin color. Furthermore, if I disliked “brown” people I would have to dislike myself. You’re barking up the wrong tree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-01-2009, 06:28 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I'd love to see your proof that every single member of LaRaza is an American. They are not advocating for "immigrants". They are demanding amnesty for illegal alien mexicans in the US. In light of the fact that they recently received 10 million of our tax dollars and are using our money for that purpose, you would be hard pressed to disagree that their actions are beyond that of traitorous. In fact, Janet Murguia is an anchor baby, and even though she is an American by default, her conduct is so anti-American that if you look up treason in the dictionary, it probably says "see Janet Murguia" with her picture is right next to the word. If those that LaRaza is pimping for and pandering to were simply "immigrants" they wouldn't have to demand amnesty on their behalf now would they?

Soooooooo . . .you were saying?
Excellent question. I have often wondered why “immigrants” need advocacy groups to fight to end the raids and deportations that are “separating families.” Perhaps a supporter of illegal aliens can enlighten us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2009, 06:34 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Excellent question. I have often wondered why “immigrants” need advocacy groups to fight to end the raids and deportations that are “separating families.” Perhaps a supporter of illegal aliens can enlighten us.
Good question hmm. . . . . Could it be that they aren't "immigrants" but illegal aliens? Could it also be that the reason their families are being separated is because they throw the old babies out with the bath water and leave their spouses behind and come to the US to find new partners to mate with? Thus creating new families, complete with American born children to anchor themselves to the US in return for welfare, food stamps, free healthcare and future chain migration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2009, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Good question hmm. . . . . Could it be that they aren't "immigrants" but illegal aliens? Could it also be that the reason their families are being separated is because they throw the old babies out with the bath water and leave their spouses behind and come to the US to find new partners to mate with? Thus creating new families, complete with American born children to anchor themselves to the US in return for welfare, food stamps, free healthcare and future chain migration?
Ya think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2009, 06:54 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Ya think?
Indeed I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2009, 02:41 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I'd love to see your proof that every single member of LaRaza is an American. They are not advocating for "immigrants". They are demanding amnesty for illegal alien mexicans in the US. In light of the fact that they recently received 10 million of our tax dollars and are using our money for that purpose, you would be hard pressed to disagree that their actions are beyond that of traitorous. In fact, Janet Murguia is an anchor baby, and even though she is an American by default, her conduct is so anti-American that if you look up treason in the dictionary, it probably says "see Janet Murguia" with her picture is right next to the word. If those that LaRaza is pimping for and pandering to were simply "immigrants" they wouldn't have to demand amnesty on their behalf now would they?

Soooooooo . . .you were saying?
No doubt there are people involved in the protests that La Raza organizes, are illegal. However, those that do the advocating for them, the leaders of La Raza are all American.

National Council of La Raza: About NCLR: Governance: Board of Directors (http://www.nclr.org/section/about/board/board_of_directors/ - broken link)

You can check the list. I cant provide you with their original birth certificates or citizenship papers but you can ask them yourself.

As far as advocating for them? What ever these Americans want to advocate for, is their right and it is protected under the constitution. If they so feel like advocating for immigrants whether legal or illegal, it is their right and yes, even illegals, who have no rights are immigrants by definition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2009, 02:51 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Could it also be that the reason their families are being separated is because they throw the old babies out with the bath water and leave their spouses behind and come to the US to find new partners to mate with? Thus creating new families, complete with American born children to anchor themselves to the US in return for welfare, food stamps, free healthcare and future chain migration?
That would make a good cover on a book and it would probably sell as it is "sensationalism". It does happen but not as often as you claim it to be. BTW, Mexican divorce rate is much lower than the American divorce rate.

World Divorce Rates

Separation/divorce happens much more frequent among Americans than Mexicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2009, 03:07 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I don't know much about La raza to comment about their racism or lack off, but I want to clarify that La Raza is a term used in north Mexico to refer to a group or friends or a group of people for example:

Vamos a una fiesta, va a estar toda la raza!
Let's go to a party, the whole gang will be there!

Fui al partido de beisbol ayer, y había un buen de raza!!
I went to the baseball game yesterday and there was a lot of people!!

La banda is more used in central Mexico, but that's the meaning it has in this country at least, most Mexicans at least those who live in Mexico ignore the existence of an organization called La Raza or their goals.

Regards
Here is a link so you can get acquainted with La Raza

National Council of La Raza: About NCLR (http://www.nclr.org/section/about - broken link)

En si, the organization is an advocacy group for Latino immigrants in various topics/social issues such as Health care, Education, Real Estate, and of course immigration (paranoia of anti-immigrants). It is the advocacy to illegal immigrants and even those that are legal, that they oppose.

If you look at the website, there is nothing racist about it but then again, I have not had direct contact with any of its members to actually make a judgement. IF they are making a judgment based on the name "La Raza", then you and I know that this is slang and has nothing racist about it. It just means "the people" and you will find an explanation of this in the following web page...

National Council of La Raza: Viewpoints (http://www.nclr.org/content/viewpoints/detail/42500/#raza - broken link)

Under the constitution of the US, these Latino Americans have every right to fight for what ever cause they want and if this is what they want to fight for, we cannot stand in their way. If it were a Mexican organization or a Argentinian organization or a Chilean organization, it would be a different story but it is American and run by Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2009, 03:08 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
SwOrdfish may not always be right....but, right or wrong, he's ALWAYS got a point.....
Dont we all macmeal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2009, 03:12 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Yet the Nordic White look is what even Mestizos aspire to----------judging by the telenovelas.
Not so much anymore AZ and it does reflect in the more modern telenovelas. One thing in Mexico is that we dont have a color division or racial divide as America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top