U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 03:42 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
No doubt there are people involved in the protests that La Raza organizes, are illegal. However, those that do the advocating for them, the leaders of La Raza are all American.

National Council of La Raza: About NCLR: Governance: Board of Directors

You can check the list. I cant provide you with their original birth certificates or citizenship papers but you can ask them yourself.

As far as advocating for them? What ever these Americans want to advocate for, is their right and it is protected under the constitution. If they so feel like advocating for immigrants whether legal or illegal, it is their right and yes, even illegals, who have no rights are immigrants by definition.

Your claim is that EVERY SINGLE MEMBER is an American advocating for "IMMIGRANTS". They are illegal aliens. Immigrants are people who come through the front door with legal documents and permission to enter.

That being said, looking forward to seeing the link that backs up what you actually stated.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana
Yes, I agree that the members are all American advocating for immigrants.
[cffr]

Last edited by JDubsMom; 04-02-2009 at 05:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
That would make a good cover on a book and it would probably sell as it is "sensationalism". It does happen but not as often as you claim it to be. BTW, Mexican divorce rate is much lower than the American divorce rate.

World Divorce Rates

Separation/divorce happens much more frequent among Americans than Mexicans.
What does the topic of illegal alien mexicans who leave their families behind to come to America and start new ones have to do with the divorce rates of the World?

[cffr]

Last edited by JDubsMom; 04-02-2009 at 04:28 AM..

Old 04-02-2009, 07:31 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Not so much anymore AZ and it does reflect in the more modern telenovelas. One thing in Mexico is that we dont have a color division or racial divide as America.
That I am glad to see: some of the Mestizo/Indian folks are quite handsome/beautiful as well.

And remember that the color/race divisions here in the USA have been breaking down-----------especially amongst people born after 1980. Hell; not so long ago; it was scandalous for even a White person to marry someone of Irish lineage---------------never mind that quite a few Irish are also Nordic White.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Not so much anymore AZ and it does reflect in the more modern telenovelas. One thing in Mexico is that we dont have a color division or racial divide as America.

aha. . and then you woke up. Gee, that's funny Comcast cable obviously didn't get the memo that now allows brown people from mexico to be showcased in their telenovelas.

Mexico's brown people run around the US screaming racist more than Jesse "the Pimp" Jackson has in his 40 year history of pimping the civil rights movement. Additionally millions of mexico's illiterate, poverty stricken brown people are illegal aliens residing in the US, while the white non tax paying oligarchies are educated and were celebrating their departure, prior to the drug cartel kidnappings. .

Old 04-02-2009, 08:05 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,297,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
[/b]

aha. . and then you woke up. Gee, that's funny Comcast cable obviously didn't get the memo that now allows brown people from mexico to be showcased in their telenovelas.

Mexico's brown people run around the US screaming racist more than Jesse "the Pimp" Jackson has in his 40 year history of pimping the civil rights movement. Additionally millions of mexico's illiterate, poverty stricken brown people are illegal aliens residing in the US, while the white non tax paying oligarchies are educated and were celebrating their departure, prior to the drug cartel kidnappings. .
I wonder what informed people who has been in Mexico thinks about this kind of posts.

Mexico abolished slavery before the USA, that's the reason why many border towns are full of people from african american descent, these folks came escap

Last edited by Travelling fella; 04-02-2009 at 09:01 PM..

Old 04-02-2009, 08:47 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I wonder what informed people who has been in Mexico thinks about this kind of posts.

Mexico abolished slavery before the USA, that's the reason why many border towns are full of people from african american descent, these folks came escaping slavery and became Mexican for that reason.

Mexico had an Indian president, who was one of the greatest, when has the USA had an indian president in her entire history?

Benito Juarez

You don't have classifications in censuses, etc in Mexico like they do in the USA, those were abolished too during the independency, and that was one of the main causes that the war of independency started.

Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla, the father of independent Mexico, always held a banner with the image of the "virgen de guadalupe" that read, abolición de la esclavitud (abolishment of slavery) you could do some history research, you could also look for pictures of the Mexican congress, Chairmen of big corporations, famous artists, actors, etc, athletes, to see for yourself. I'll do it for you.

Hidalgo arrived in Guadalajara on 26 November with over 7,000 badly-armed men.He initially occupied the city with lower-class support because Hidalgo promised to end slavery, tribute payment and taxes on alcohol and tobacco products. Hidalgo established an alternative government in Guadalajara with himself at the head and then appointed two ministers. On 6 December 1810, Hidalgo issued a decree abolishing slavery, threatening those who did not comply with death.

Kirkwood Burton (2000). History of Mexico, Westpoint CT, USA: Greenwood publishing group, Incorporated ISBN 9780313303517

Unlike the USA, here we don't have TV for white people and african americans, and I could give you endless examples, but I guess these are more than enough

Kalimba, one of the most important pop idols of the moment is of African American descent.

His father Jorge Zamora Montalvo "El Zamorita" a very famous and popular comic actor

Felipe Calderon, Mexico's president is a mestizo

Gustavo Madero, President of the Mexican senate a mestizo of those that people would mistake as white

Manlio Fabio Beltrones - Mexican Senator a Mestizo

Ruth Zavaleta Delgado President of the Mexican house of commons another Mestizo

Eduardo Bours Sonora's is white

Leonel Godoy Michoacan's governor another mestizo

Santiago Creel another white senator

The senate's composition is mostly of mestizos, there are some whites and few or no indians

the same with the house of commons

Now let's see the Mexican entrepreneurs.

Carlos Slim, one of the world's richest men and the richest men in Mexico is neither mestizo nor white, but of lebanese origin

Lorenzo Servitje (the man on the right) is another mestizo he owns the biggest bread processing conglomerate in the world, which is known as Bimbo in Mexico.

Lorenzo Zambrano the owner of Cemex (one of the biggest and most important concrete multinationals is another mestizo)

Jose Antonio Fernandez, the owner of Femsa (Largest beverage company of latin america) President is as mestizo as it gets

Now let's see famous artists

Ruben Albarran the lead singer of Mexico's most important band is mestizo, so is the rest of the band Cafe Tacuba

Alejandro Fernandez, one of Mexico's most important and versatile singers is mestizo too.

Alex lora, lead singer of a very important Mexican rock band is mestizo too

So is the rest of the band

Marco Antonio Solis, El buki another famous Mexican singer is a mestizo too, of those that some people would confuse with white.

Julieta Venegas, another internationally known Mexican singer is another example of "Mestizaje"

Alejandra Guzman, another mestiza

Alicia Villarreal a white mexican singer

Christian Castro another white singer

Let's see soap opera's actors now.

Fernando Colunga

Erick Elias

Jose Luis Resendes

Kuno Becker This is the only white so far in male actors.

let's see the girls

Paty Navidad

Lorena Rojas

Kate del Castillo

Michelle Vieth

Note, these are real Mexican actors, because there are a lot of Soap Operas that have foreign actors who come to work to Mexico, this happens because Mexico is a power in soap operas, with exports to the entire world, so a lot of people from all corners of the world want to act in them.

The reason you see a lot of whites in tv has to do with these, but if you see any soap opera that is on air right now you'll see that usually the main characters are Mestizos, anyway if you watch japanese anime most characters have blue eyes, white skin and sometimes wacky hair colors, I don't believe this makes the japanese racist or white supremacists at all.

I could post pictures of Mexican athletes scientists, etc I but I think that the point has already been made, regards!

As a conclusion and as you might have noticed, there are no Indigenous citizens among the rank of those "famous" or "important" people in Mexican society, unfortunately this is a sad reality in most countries that were once colonized.

But it also could be because these people have different values, they don't crave for money, power or fame like others do, although there was a president, history says the best mexican president who was a Zapotec Indian, Benito Juarez
Great educated post, i still don't figure out how some members on here have arrived to the conclusion that the hispanic/latino culture is white supremacist.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Great educated post, i still don't figure out how some members on here have arrived to the conclusion that the hispanic/latino culture is white supremacist.
Me neither, first of all, there is no such a thing as a unified hispanic, latin american culture. there are similarities, but you can't compare the culture of Brazil, with that of Mexico, or that of Chile for example, you can't even compare the culture of Central Mexico, with that of North Mexico.

Mexican culture is far from perfect, but it isn't white supremacist, or it is so racially obsessed as American culture.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:06 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Me neither, first of all, there is no such a thing as a unified hispanic, latin american culture. there are similarities, but you can't compare the culture of Brazil, with that of Mexico, or that of Chile for example, you can't even compare the culture of Central Mexico, with that of North Mexico.

Mexican culture is far from perfect, but it isn't white supremacist, or it is so racially obsessed as American culture.

I dont get it either. I think they just believe what ever the American media tells them and they are so gullable. Most Americans even when they travel outside the country dont get to know the culture. They go somewhere where there is sun and beach. Then they go eat a McDonalds. You cant say everyone is like that, but a great number are.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
I dont get it either. I think they just believe what ever the American media tells them and they are so gullable. Most Americans even when they travel outside the country dont get to know the culture. They go somewhere where there is sun and beach. Then they go eat a McDonalds. You cant say everyone is like that, but a great number are.
Fortunately enough, thanks to the recent events in America a lot of people is starting to wake up and discover that the elites in the USA want their citizens to be gullible and ignorant so they can be easily manipulated, many people is starting to find out that their government has reached an unprecedented level of corruption and has commited abuses of power and atrocities that can be compared to those of rogue states. Thank God the Bush era ended already, so far Obama's been better, but let's see what happens.

We also have now the internet a powerful tool to exchange information and formulate our own opinions.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:16 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Your claim is that EVERY SINGLE MEMBER is an American advocating for "IMMIGRANTS". They are illegal aliens. Immigrants are people who come through the front door with legal documents and permission to enter.

That being said, looking forward to seeing the link that backs up what you actually stated.

Thanks in advance.

[cffr]
You are right, I cant prove that to you. Legally none of us can ask them for their legal papers unless we are part of the authorities but neither can you prove that those advocating for immigrants (legal or illegal) are illegal. Now, having said that, you also cant prove that La Raza is racist.

There are two kinds of immigrants in this country. Those that are legal and those that are illegal. We all know that those that are legal do have rights and those immigrants that are illegal, do not.

illegal alien definition | Dictionary.com

Notice bottom line: Also called Illegal immigrant

You welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration