U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How guilty is the average american citizen?
Completely innocent, we've been the victims 6 26.09%
Partially innocent, some (few) citizens have been accomplices 7 30.43%
Half guilty, we've been enablers and accomplices for too long 8 34.78%
Totally guilty 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 09:34 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,402,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Wow-"white suburbanite Aryan"? Gee hard to put any credibility in anything you post if off the bat you are playing the race card. Fortunately, there are millions of Americans, of every size, shape and color who are not only fed up about this illegal alien invasion but who also will not cower in fear at your ridiculous allegations of racism-as that is pure crap. This has nothing to do with race. We also do not listen to the crap that the MSM continually plays over and over about "jobs Americans won't do".

For years legal Americans did all these jobs-myself and others on the forum have done these jobs or have family members who did these jobs. Construction jobs were great jobs for Americans who chose not to go to college. There are members of this board who can personally attest to what illegal alien labor has done to that industry. During the housing boom, when wages should have gone way up-they did not-because of illegal alien labor.

Actually, many people on this forum-myself, I believe Kele and others-who are Americans by the way- have worked picking produce in the hot sun on farms.

Your last line makes it sound like there is something wrong with working at a Chinese resturant, farm or being a janitor. Any job that is done by an illegal alien is a stolen job-regardless if it is in construction, at a factory, whatever. Regarding a Janitor-a month or so ago- a school in the midwest held a job fair for 1 janitorial job and over 600 applicants showed up. They were not 600 illegal aliens. All the janitors up in my area are legal Americans and the farms that I buy my produce from are run and worked by Americans. I made sure of it before I spent one dime there. Americans can and infact will do these jobs if there are no illegal aliens around.

If all illegals were sent packing then true Capitalism would be put to the test and the market would dictate what the wage should be for jobs that are currently being stolen by illegal aliens. Taxpayers would not have to pay the billions and billions for all the programs that illegals and their anchor babies currently receive. Economy crash? It seems to me that has happened the past few months with the dow tanking-in part due to housing-where many illegal aliens walked away from mortgages they should have never received in the first place.
Exactly as you have said. 20 million illegals are rapidly ruining American. No one bashes illegals more than I do. But what I am saying, in terms of actually stopping the illegal alien invasion, is that the ONLY way to STOP the illegal alien invasion and then REVERSE the illegal alien invasion, get the illegals to leave, is to FORCE the scumbag employers to STOP HIRING ILLEGALS and to stop the welfare giveaway to illegals. The jobs magnet is what brings illegals to the US in the first place and welfare helps enable the illegals to stay. If you think that that new meat packing plant in Nebraska or that new Tysons in Arkansas didn't order up busloads of illegals from Mexico, think again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 10:14 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,968,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law breaker, it breeds contempt for the law

If american citizens would not exploit them and pay them good wages enoug for them to pay taxes, then maybe illegals would not be seem to be so attractive to hired then locals. So again if their third world country mentality was our excuse?
Sort of like saying: If banks didn't keep all that money in the vaults then bank robbers wouldn't be so tempted to rob them.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:34 AM

11,337 posts, read 16,897,848 times
How guilty are American citizens of the immigration problem?

We Americans, on both the right and the left and the middle as well, are mostly guilty of approaching the subject via irrationality. By that, I means most of us are simply incapable of distinguishing between legal immigration and illegal immigration. Discuss one and it invariably blurs into the other despite them being two seperate and distinct issues.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
How guilty are American citizens of the immigration problem?

We Americans, on both the right and the left and the middle as well, are mostly guilty of approaching the subject via irrationality. By that, I means most of us are simply incapable of distinguishing between legal immigration and illegal immigration. Discuss one and it invariably blurs into the other despite them being two seperate and distinct issues.
Actually it is the pro-illegal side that refuses to accept the difference between the two.
For those who are challenged.
A legal immigrant is someone who correctly filed their applications, waited to be accepted and were granted a visa. After entering once again they followed procedures and obeyed our laws and are here legally.
Illegals are people who either never bothered to apply for a visa and snuck in, or entered legally and then over stayed their visa. 100% of illegals are criminals by default of their actions and should be treated as such. AS with most criminals they seem to be in denial that their behavior is their own fault.
I will add 1 more Fact. Not 1 illegal has any right to be here. They should be treated with the same consideration that they have demonstrated in their actions towards the USA and our legal residents.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:52 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,731,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csllc View Post
One thing to think about...Americans are so proud of their country BUT there are so many issues going around here...LIKE...

Let's see AMERICANS do the dirty jobs that ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS are taking over. People don't realize that if there are no illegal immigrants, NO AMERICAN will actually replace certain jobs. Let me see them be the garbage man and get paid under minimum wage.

One thing I wanted to point out, why do people think illegal immigrants are only mexicans?!!?!!

1. Who else would pick our produce if the illegal immigrants didn't? You think these white suburbanite Aryans would chafe in rough conditions and burn their pearly skin to pick some vegetables? No, they wouldn't.

2. Prices would substantially go up if all of the illegals were deported and barred from our country, because then the few workers that were willing to take their place would have to be paid minimum wage instead of slave wages.

3. The economy would crash if there was no cheap, easily exploitable slave labor to be used for farming and for our menial labor.

Also, I keep hearing that they take jobs away from Citizens and may I ask, what job is that?!?!?!?! Working at a chinese restaurant? Working at a farm? Being a janitor??!!
Thank you for insulting the original swastika toting Aryans---------brown skinned Hindus from India. Somehow Freida Pinto may take offence to that.

As for the rest of your argument: we certainly do not need illegal aliens to wipe our butts; if we as a nation are that helpless--------we deserve to die.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:01 AM

11,337 posts, read 16,897,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Actually it is the pro-illegal side that refuses to accept the difference between the two.
For those who are challenged.
A legal immigrant is someone who correctly filed their applications, waited to be accepted and were granted a visa. After entering once again they followed procedures and obeyed our laws and are here legally.
Illegals are people who either never bothered to apply for a visa and snuck in, or entered legally and then over stayed their visa. 100% of illegals are criminals by default of their actions and should be treated as such. AS with most criminals they seem to be in denial that their behavior is their own fault.
I will add 1 more Fact. Not 1 illegal has any right to be here. They should be treated with the same consideration that they have demonstrated in their actions towards the USA and our legal residents.
Perhaps. But I have spoken with people who are generally receptive to legal immigration while opposing illegal entry and they end up bluring the two as well.

Another possible problem is that bigots are obviously going to end up on the anti-illegal side and in reality, they are opposed to anyone coming here. That tends to muddy up things.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csllc View Post
One thing to think about...Americans are so proud of their country BUT there are so many issues going around here...LIKE...

Let's see AMERICANS do the dirty jobs that ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS are taking over. People don't realize that if there are no illegal immigrants, NO AMERICAN will actually replace certain jobs. Let me see them be the garbage man and get paid under minimum wage.

One thing I wanted to point out, why do people think illegal immigrants are only mexicans?!!?!!

1. Who else would pick our produce if the illegal immigrants didn't? You think these white suburbanite Aryans would chafe in rough conditions and burn their pearly skin to pick some vegetables? No, they wouldn't.

2. Prices would substantially go up if all of the illegals were deported and barred from our country, because then the few workers that were willing to take their place would have to be paid minimum wage instead of slave wages.

3. The economy would crash if there was no cheap, easily exploitable slave labor to be used for farming and for our menial labor.

Also, I keep hearing that they take jobs away from Citizens and may I ask, what job is that?!?!?!?! Working at a chinese restaurant? Working at a farm? Being a janitor??!!
So there are no white farmers who work their own fields? Guess all those sunburns that I endured growing up on the family Dairy farm don't count.
Once again the excuse Jobs americans won't do. Like construction? No Americans won't do them for low ball wages. We can't. We have to pay taxes, pay for insurance, and back our work with a warrenty. Illegals take the money and move on.
Your post is as hateful as it is inaccurate.
Maybe your family and friends are to lazy to do dirty jobs or work on a farm but that does not represent the country as a whole. The country as a whole simply won't do those jobs for slave wages. As for the cheap labor. Do you really think that the greedy scumbags who hire illegals actually pass on those savings?

Old 04-01-2009, 11:07 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,691,131 times
per lost pinos 21 million illegal mexican people are here bek america is fat and lazy.
its is only right that i mugged you, you had a fat wallet.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:08 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,197,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Exactly as you have said. 20 million illegals are rapidly ruining American. No one bashes illegals more than I do. But what I am saying, in terms of actually stopping the illegal alien invasion, is that the ONLY way to STOP the illegal alien invasion and then REVERSE the illegal alien invasion, get the illegals to leave, is to FORCE the scumbag employers to STOP HIRING ILLEGALS and to stop the welfare giveaway to illegals. The jobs magnet is what brings illegals to the US in the first place and welfare helps enable the illegals to stay. If you think that that new meat packing plant in Nebraska or that new Tysons in Arkansas didn't order up busloads of illegals from Mexico, think again.
The only way? While I agree that we should crackdown harshly on employers and provide no freebies at all to illegal aliens, if we properly secured our border and enforced all immigration laws plus made E-verify mandatory, we would not have anywhere near the problem that we have today. You know, the things that were promised to push through the 1986 amnesty. Also, if our government all along had taken a stand and enforced the law and secured borders, companies might not feel as confident in trying to hire illegal aliens.

Our new president has said he will be going after companies that hire illegal aliens. While that is great-if in fact he does it-it is only part of the equation. As an example, the illegal aliens that were caught in a raid at the Yamato Engine plant in Washington have now been given permission to stay here and work for another company. They were given permits to work. So the original company that hired them will be punished-we hope, they will be given permits and the new company that they work for will receive no punishment I guess. To me that sends a message to employers, as long as you aren't the illegal aliens employer at the time of a raid then you won't get in trouble. To the illegal alien, we won't punish you. The company should have had huge fines and the illegals should have been sent home immediately.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:29 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,726,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
per lost pinos 21 million illegal mexican people are here bek america is fat and lazy.
its is only right that i mugged you, you had a fat wallet.
No, dear. Twenty one million illegal mexicans are here because they are 'fat and lazy'- too fat and lazy to fix their own country when it is just soooo much easier to float across the Rio Grande, slither into the US and feed at the trough of benefits intended for US citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or