U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How guilty is the average american citizen?
Completely innocent, we've been the victims 6 26.09%
Partially innocent, some (few) citizens have been accomplices 7 30.43%
Half guilty, we've been enablers and accomplices for too long 8 34.78%
Totally guilty 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 09:21 AM

3,162 posts, read 10,302,507 times

Advertisements

This thread: Hiring Mexican guys to move some stuff made me create this one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 11:46 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,177,727 times
Some Americans are guilty of aiding and abetting illegal aliens and some are not. I have been fighting this fight, against this illegal invasion, since back in the 1990's and I have no responsibility nor am I guilty. There are plenty of Americans like myself who fight by protesting, voting, letter writing, boycotting businesses that employ illegal aliens, etc.

I blame certain Americans, politicians and corporations pretty much equally. However, in my opinion, the most blame still needs to be directed at the illegal alien law breakers-no one forces them to break American immigration law. They-and no one else-are responsible for their law breaking actions.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:13 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,823,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Some Americans are guilty of aiding and abetting illegal aliens and some are not. I have been fighting this fight, against this illegal invasion, since back in the 1990's and I have no responsibility nor am I guilty. There are plenty of Americans like myself who fight by protesting, voting, letter writing, boycotting businesses that employ illegal aliens, etc.

I blame certain Americans, politicians and corporations pretty much equally. However, in my opinion, the most blame still needs to be directed at the illegal alien law breakers-no one forces them to break American immigration law. They-and no one else-are responsible for their law breaking actions.
My sentiments exactly.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:41 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,398,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post

But would the illegals continue to break in or even stay if the scumbag employers of illegals were FORCED to stop hiring illegals and the welfare for illegals was cut off?

Old 03-31-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
But would the illegals continue to break in or even stay if the scumbag employers of illegals were FORCED to stop hiring illegals and the welfare for illegals was cut off?
Of course there would be a lot less illegal aliens here if there were no jobs or freebies for them. However, illegal aliens are still responsible for their actions. Again, no one forced them to break American immigration law, commit ID fraud or theft, etc.

As I said earlier, I hold all parties involved responsible but the illegal alien is most responsible as they are the ones who are coming here of their own free will. They know they are breaking the law and choose to do so anyway.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:09 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,895,723 times
The question begs if we have laws and someone decides to break them whose fault is it?
We have immigration laws. Those who willingly decide to violate them are at fault.
The premise that we are to blame because some employers are willing to hire them is flawed.
Are you to blame because a car thief steals your car after you left the key in it? NO. The car thief is. Your only guilty of not understanding that some people simply have very few moral values. You shouldn't have to lock the doors and hide the keys.
In this case illegals and those who support them wish to divert attention from the fact that it is the illegal in each and every case that decided our laws don't apply to them.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:45 PM

365 posts, read 667,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The question begs if we have laws and someone decides to break them whose fault is it?
We have immigration laws. Those who willingly decide to violate them are at fault.
The premise that we are to blame because some employers are willing to hire them is flawed.
Are you to blame because a car thief steals your car after you left the key in it? NO. The car thief is. Your only guilty of not understanding that some people simply have very few moral values. You shouldn't have to lock the doors and hide the keys.
In this case illegals and those who support them wish to divert attention from the fact that it is the illegal in each and every case that decided our laws don't apply to them.
Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law breaker, it breeds contempt for the law

If american citizens would not exploit them and pay them good wages enoug for them to pay taxes, then maybe illegals would not be seem to be so attractive to hired then locals. So again if their third world country mentality was our excuse?

Old 03-31-2009, 10:59 PM

8 posts, read 57,373 times
One thing to think about...Americans are so proud of their country BUT there are so many issues going around here...LIKE...

Let's see AMERICANS do the dirty jobs that ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS are taking over. People don't realize that if there are no illegal immigrants, NO AMERICAN will actually replace certain jobs. Let me see them be the garbage man and get paid under minimum wage.

One thing I wanted to point out, why do people think illegal immigrants are only mexicans?!!?!!

1. Who else would pick our produce if the illegal immigrants didn't? You think these white suburbanite Aryans would chafe in rough conditions and burn their pearly skin to pick some vegetables? No, they wouldn't.

2. Prices would substantially go up if all of the illegals were deported and barred from our country, because then the few workers that were willing to take their place would have to be paid minimum wage instead of slave wages.

3. The economy would crash if there was no cheap, easily exploitable slave labor to be used for farming and for our menial labor.

Also, I keep hearing that they take jobs away from Citizens and may I ask, what job is that?!?!?!?! Working at a chinese restaurant? Working at a farm? Being a janitor??!!

Old 03-31-2009, 11:57 PM

365 posts, read 667,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csllc View Post
One thing to think about...Americans are so proud of their country BUT there are so many issues going around here...LIKE...

Let's see AMERICANS do the dirty jobs that ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS are taking over. People don't realize that if there are no illegal immigrants, NO AMERICAN will actually replace certain jobs. Let me see them be the garbage man and get paid under minimum wage.

One thing I wanted to point out, why do people think illegal immigrants are only mexicans?!!?!!

1. Who else would pick our produce if the illegal immigrants didn't? You think these white suburbanite Aryans would chafe in rough conditions and burn their pearly skin to pick some vegetables? No, they wouldn't.

2. Prices would substantially go up if all of the illegals were deported and barred from our country, because then the few workers that were willing to take their place would have to be paid minimum wage instead of slave wages.

3. The economy would crash if there was no cheap, easily exploitable slave labor to be used for farming and for our menial labor.

Also, I keep hearing that they take jobs away from Citizens and may I ask, what job is that?!?!?!?! Working at a chinese restaurant? Working at a farm? Being a janitor??!!
let me add something to what you said if americans really wanted illegals kick out. Its true companies would have to pay good wages to
attract domestic workers BUT....

BIG companies would used their LEGAL POWER
to plea the government for more H2A, H2B, and H2R visas
260,OOO thousands of visas were giving to foreigners to apply legally and work here. How many illegals do we get a year? 1,000,000?
so practically what business want is to control the consumer market
with legal labor and practically shove american consumers their mandotary price increased on goods. Illegal aliens are and have been the small companies motto of defense against the influential power big companies have over the government

Old 04-01-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csllc View Post

Wow-"white suburbanite Aryan"? Gee hard to put any credibility in anything you post if off the bat you are playing the race card. Fortunately, there are millions of Americans, of every size, shape and color who are not only fed up about this illegal alien invasion but who also will not cower in fear at your ridiculous allegations of racism-as that is pure crap. This has nothing to do with race. We also do not listen to the crap that the MSM continually plays over and over about "jobs Americans won't do".

For years legal Americans did all these jobs-myself and others on the forum have done these jobs or have family members who did these jobs. Construction jobs were great jobs for Americans who chose not to go to college. There are members of this board who can personally attest to what illegal alien labor has done to that industry. During the housing boom, when wages should have gone way up-they did not-because of illegal alien labor.

Actually, many people on this forum-myself, I believe Kele and others-who are Americans by the way- have worked picking produce in the hot sun on farms.

Your last line makes it sound like there is something wrong with working at a Chinese resturant, farm or being a janitor. Any job that is done by an illegal alien is a stolen job-regardless if it is in construction, at a factory, whatever. Regarding a Janitor-a month or so ago- a school in the midwest held a job fair for 1 janitorial job and over 600 applicants showed up. They were not 600 illegal aliens. All the janitors up in my area are legal Americans and the farms that I buy my produce from are run and worked by Americans. I made sure of it before I spent one dime there. Americans can and infact will do these jobs if there are no illegal aliens around.

If all illegals were sent packing then true Capitalism would be put to the test and the market would dictate what the wage should be for jobs that are currently being stolen by illegal aliens. Taxpayers would not have to pay the billions and billions for all the programs that illegals and their anchor babies currently receive. Economy crash? It seems to me that has happened the past few months with the dow tanking-in part due to housing-where many illegal aliens walked away from mortgages they should have never received in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or