U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 01:50 PM

103 posts, read 121,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Why do you support amnesty then?
Amnesty wasn't part of my statement. Amnesty is a pardon with no conditions. Comprehensive Immigration Reform include penalties for those who are in the country illegaly before they can have any benefit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 01:52 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,633,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The OP didn’t ask for your opinion of this forum. He asked, “Why do YOU support illegal immigration?”

Travelling fella, you may not receive the responses you expect. Most pro-illegal posters on this forum oppose all who oppose illegal immigration, but they claim they don’t actually support illegal immigration. Go figure.
So true...almost NO ONE actually comes out and says, "I support illegal immigration"..MANY, however, object vociferously to any suggestion of ending it, lessening it, or rectifying its effects.

They don't 'support' it...they just don't want it stopped, unless it's by means of a method with which the illegals will 'agree'....

As you said....'Go Figure'...

Old 03-31-2009, 01:58 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,399,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw0rdfish View Post
Amnesty wasn't part of my statement. Amnesty is a pardon with no conditions. Comprehensive Immigration Reform include penalties for those who are in the country illegaly before they can have any benefit.
OK then. Why do you support amnesty "with" conditions.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
OK then. Why do you support amnesty "with" conditions.
If include conditions IS NOT AMNESTY. Nice try.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:25 PM

2,449 posts, read 4,681,888 times
Quote:
The OP didn’t ask for your opinion of this forum. He asked, “Why do YOU support illegal immigration?”

Travelling fella, you may not receive the responses you expect. Most pro-illegal posters on this forum oppose all who oppose illegal immigration, but they claim they don’t actually support illegal immigration. Go figure.
I was addressing this:
Quote:
The purpose of these threads and polls is to create more understanding between different views, it would be nice if people with an opposiing view respect this thread so we can have an space for those who support them to fully express themselves, regards
And then you go on to bash the "pro-illegal" posters as well.
This is my point.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:36 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
I was addressing this:

And then you go on to bash the "pro-illegal" posters as well.
This is my point.
I didn't "bash" anyone. I simply repeated what they have said. According to them, they don't support illegal immigration.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:41 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw0rdfish View Post
If include conditions IS NOT AMNESTY. Nice try.
Weren't there also "conditions" involved in the last amnesty? At least the last time they admitted it was amnesty.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Weren't there also "conditions" involved in the last amnesty? At least the last time they admitted it was amnesty.
Meeting certain criteria not necessarily mean paying penalties. They admitted it was amnesty, may be because it was amnesty. Comprehensive Immigration Reform is not.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:38 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,085,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
So true...almost NO ONE actually comes out and says, "I support illegal immigration"..MANY, however, object vociferously to any suggestion of ending it, lessening it, or rectifying its effects.

They don't 'support' it...they just don't want it stopped, unless it's by means of a method with which the illegals will 'agree'....

As you said....'Go Figure'...
People want it stopped, but not with people patrolling the streets to determine everyone's legal status.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:03 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,633,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
People want it stopped, but not with people patrolling the streets to determine everyone's legal status.
OK, fair enough...but then, how do YOU suggest it be stopped ?...remember, we've TRIED amnesty...(THAT didn't work).....we considered just 'asking them to leave'....(probably a dumb idea)....thought of appealing to their 'respect for our laws' (i.e., "but guys, it's ILLEGAL")...no luck there, either. WE've even complained to the Mexican Government, only to be told to "butt out".

I don't like the idea of 'people patrolling the streets', either....but what do YOU suggest? (by 'people', I'm ASSUMING you're referring to Law Enforcement officials).

The bottom line is, when people say, in effect, "we will NOT do what you demand we do, unless you MAKE us"...then we're left with little choice but to "force" compliance....can you suggest how to 'force' people to do something, and at the same time make sure they 'agree' with you? Frankly, I can not think of how this would work.

Suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration