Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 09:29 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,372 times

Advertisements

Ok, we've already heard the reasons why people reject amnesty for illegals or want them deported, now tell us, why do you support them? after we get enough answers we can create a poll to see what is the main reason.

The purpose of these threads and polls is to create more understanding between different views, it would be nice if people with an opposiing view respect this thread so we can have an space for those who support them to fully express themselves, regards

Last edited by Travelling fella; 03-31-2009 at 09:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 09:33 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,485 times
"Understandment"?

I'm not familiar with that word. Maybe because English isn't my first language.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:41 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
"Understandment"?

I'm not familiar with that word. Maybe because English isn't my first language.
lol sorry, I made a mistake hehehe I meant understanding, english isn't my first language either, regards

Old 03-31-2009, 09:47 AM

2,450 posts, read 5,601,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Ok, we've already heard the reasons why people reject amnesty for illegals or want them deported, now tell us, why do you support them? after we get enough answers we can create a poll to see what is the main reason.

The purpose of these threads and polls is to create more understandment between different views, it would be nice if people with an opposiing view respect this thread so we can have an space for those who support them to fully express themselves, regards
Because if you try you get 7 posters coming at you with ad hominem and strawman attacks. It's just not fun. There is no understanding to be had in this forum. Believe it or not, I've actually changed me mind from the occasional point made. However, most humans (yes, including me much of the time) go through life looking for evidence to support their already existing views, rather than actually looking for new evidence to change their views. This board is the epitome of that practice.
It's like talking to a brick wall... that's closing in on you and covered with spikes, venonmous snakes, black widows, molten lava, werewolves and vampires, chainsaw-weilding maniacs all with a resident poltergeist from the dug-up cemetary.
The board just can't be reasoned with to see different points of view. The only interest is to eat you alive.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:49 AM

2,450 posts, read 5,601,861 times
but on second thought, i guess that's part of the attraction, too!

Old 03-31-2009, 11:32 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
Because if you try you get 7 posters coming at you with ad hominem and strawman attacks. It's just not fun. There is no understanding to be had in this forum. Believe it or not, I've actually changed me mind from the occasional point made. However, most humans (yes, including me much of the time) go through life looking for evidence to support their already existing views, rather than actually looking for new evidence to change their views. This board is the epitome of that practice.
It's like talking to a brick wall... that's closing in on you and covered with spikes, venonmous snakes, black widows, molten lava, werewolves and vampires, chainsaw-weilding maniacs all with a resident poltergeist from the dug-up cemetary.
The board just can't be reasoned with to see different points of view. The only interest is to eat you alive.
The OP didn’t ask for your opinion of this forum. He asked, “Why do YOU support illegal immigration?”

Travelling fella, you may not receive the responses you expect. Most pro-illegal posters on this forum oppose all who oppose illegal immigration, but they claim they don’t actually support illegal immigration. Go figure.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:20 PM

147 posts, read 212,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The OP didn’t ask for your opinion of this forum. He asked, “Why do YOU support illegal immigration?”

Travelling fella, you may not receive the responses you expect. Most pro-illegal posters on this forum oppose all who oppose illegal immigration, but they claim they don’t actually support illegal immigration. Go figure.
...And go so far off left to do it. I have yet to discuss anti and pro illegal immigration here. I mean truly discuss, without going into statistical tyrades and racist mumbo-jumbo. It can get quite laughable.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:28 PM

103 posts, read 140,374 times
I don't support ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. I support a comprehensive approach to solve the problem.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:31 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,906 times
The way I see it, we need to first start off with helping the entire population of the United States first (legals/illegals). Clean up inner city schools, reduce rural poverty, create green technology jobs, invest in our infrastructure, cut down on tuition for universities, universal healthcare (coupled with private care). All of these things will help all people in the United States. Investing in ESL programs, that actually teach English, will allow people to assimilate and succeed in school.

Okay, now the that the foundation is set, let's delve into immigration. We need to reduce the cost to enter into the country legally. We need to crack down on employers that employ illegals. We need to have a system that enables classes to be taught to illegals in order to obtain citizenship (this is because of the many children that had no say in where they live...thus, it's really unfair to them to deport them since they are more American than not). We need to work with other nations to facilitate easier legal access into the country. Right now, it's absurd. There's more...but this is just to start it off.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:36 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw0rdfish View Post
I don't support ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. I support a comprehensive approach to solve the problem.
Why do you support amnesty then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration