U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 05:26 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Aren't illegal immigrants people? These are not excuses.
Yeah? So?

Can't they be "people" in the country they came from?

Old 04-06-2009, 05:37 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,309,484 times
Quote:
Aren't illegal immigrants people? These are not excuses. These are simply commonly held views on the framework for immigration from the global south to the global north. You realize that laws are not sent by God. We can change them. A better perspective on the situation is needed.
They are illegals and because of that they deserve no respect at all. Yes, they are excuses. A better perspective is damn well NOT needed. The perspective that is needed is to have another Operation W****** just like Ike did. They need to be rounded up and sent home and the borders need to be closed off completely and actually, I am all for having our armed forces on the border with shoot to kill orders to anyone seen crossing illegally. It would not be long at all for there to not be any more crossings.

I will say it again...They are ILLEGAL and deserve no respect at all for any reason!!! And before you get all crazy and all, please be sure to check my profile before you call me racist or any other of the names that illegal lovers like to call anyone who wants the borders closed and is against illegals...ALL illegals.

Last edited by Anonymous Political Junky; 04-06-2009 at 06:15 PM..

Old 04-06-2009, 06:10 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Most of the problems in Africa and other poorer countries ultimately are caused by corruption of their own government officials. No matter how much people like that1guy want to spin it. The West has been giving hundreds of billions in AID to these countries that never goes to help the average person there. That is not the fault of West but of their governments and leaders.

Anyways, I don't know how a topic on cutting of services to illegals turned to colonization. Maybe we should get back on topic?
Been to Africa? Do you know about Zaire/Congo with Mubutu? Did you hear about the Western pharmaceutical companies that tried to sue African generic drugs that were cheaper and just as effective (one of the many conditions of the aid for AIDS is certain drugs are used). Why did the French intervene in the Ivorian conflict? Why did they shoot innocent prostesters from helicopters (the French government issued a statement saying the shootings in Abidjan were to prevent a riot, thus the killing of innocent high school adnd college kids was justified).

Again, what you are saying is that the elite that benefitted from the current global power structure is causing the downfall of the global south. Well, where are the most powerful countries located currently? North America and Europe (yeah China and Japan, but NA and Europe are the two biggest players).

It turned to this because of everyone getting excited about the turning off of services to illegals. I disagreed offered a little historical perspective on why illegal immigration happens and why turning off of services is unjust in a way. Then people, like you, responded back trying to defend colonialism and the exploitation that occurred that led to our current situation.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:12 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
They are illegals and because they deserve no respect at all. Yes, they are excuses. A better perspective is damn well NOT needed. The perspective that is needed is to have another Operation W****** just like Ike did. They need to be rounded up and sent home and the borders need to be closed off completely and actually, I am all for having our armed forces on the border with shoot to kill orders to anyone seen crossing illegally. It would not be long at all for there to not be any more crossings.

I will say it again...They are ILLEGAL and deserve no respect at all for any reason!!! And before you get all crazy and all, please be sure to check my profile before you call me racist or any other of the names that illegal lovers like to call anyone who wants the borders closed and is against illegals...ALL illegals.
Shoot to kill orders, operation wet back, that's all I need to hear from someone.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
They are illegals and because they deserve no respect at all. Yes, they are excuses. A better perspective is damn well NOT needed. The perspective that is needed is to have another Operation W****** just like Ike did. They need to be rounded up and sent home and the borders need to be closed off completely and actually, I am all for having our armed forces on the border with shoot to kill orders to anyone seen crossing illegally. It would not be long at all for there to not be any more crossings.

Wow, maybe you should take a prozac if you really would advocate for the killing of people at the border. Is your life that bad by illegal immigrants that you need to kill them?

Look, you're clearly blindly nationalistic. Which is fine, I guess, but realize that life is not so black and white. Maybe, just like most things, the immigration solution lies somewhere in the middle.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Wow, maybe you should take a prozac if you really would advocate for the killing of people at the border. Is your life that bad by illegal immigrants that you need to kill them?

Look, you're clearly blindly nationalistic. Which is fine, I guess, but realize that life is not so black and white. Maybe, just like most things, the immigration solution lies somewhere in the middle.
I second the suggestion that you look into prozac.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Shoot to kill orders, operation wet back, that's all I need to hear from someone.
So damn what? I am American and I love my country and I am not an illegal lover like you. I am honest, unlike you. Get over it and, like I said, get educated before you post your ignorance.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As for what is going on with AIDS in 'Black' Africa; if anything, the infection rate is declining because people there are starting to wake up and learn a thing or two.

Again: we owe the Third World nothing. If anything; quite a few of the indigenous people there (especially Africa) kind of wish the Euros were back in charge----------apparently, that is how bad the 'local talent' is.
We do owe something. NOBODY in Africa whishes the Europeans were back in charge. What, and have residential apartheid and constantly being belittled of your culture? During my mom's generation, you never directly looked at a White person in their eyes. You would never shake hands with a White person. My cousin's neighborhood was originally reserved for the French colons.

Infection rate is increasing in many countries. The largest declines are mostly due to the fact that so many people have died.

It's great to see compassion and a true deep understanding of what's going in the world.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:

And you are clearly an illegal lover and that makes you nothing less than a traitor to our country. My parents are from Mexico, but they came legally and none in my family can stand illegals because we have seen what they have done and will do this country. Because we visit mexico to visit family we also hear from other Mexicans what they want from this country. You would be surprised, but you probably wouldn't care sine you have already shown how uneducated and hateful you toward your own country.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
So damn what? I am American and I love my country and I am not an illegal lover like you. I am honest, unlike you. Get over it and, like I said, get educated before you post your ignorance.
Haha, when you're typing your messages, do you bang your keyboard? Is your blood pressure skyrocketing? Are your teeth gritting?

Go outside and let our your pent up anger. Scream. Run a mile. Let your emotions out. It's okay to cry when you're done..that'll mean you have released your anger and are coming to terms with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration