U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 11:10 AM

574 posts, read 1,628,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
because the people on this forum like to complain about nothing. it isn't blacks or latinos that bring crime, it is poverty that brings crime. if it wasn't minorites bringing crime it would be white people bringing crime.
Do you think the people on this forum are irrational?

Old 04-03-2009, 11:12 AM

177 posts, read 495,853 times
"What are the white people going to do... When they become the minority in every major metropolitan area?"

They are all going to sail to Antartica , eradict the indian, I mean penguin population and start a new country.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:22 AM

379 posts, read 514,135 times
Non-Whites are already at least half the population in the biggest cities in the U.S. I guess White people will move, as they are already doing.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:22 AM

294 posts, read 1,010,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggs1 View Post
Do you think the people on this forum are irrational?
Irrational, delusional, paranoid, intolerant, inconsiderate... the list goes on...

Old 04-03-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Translation View Post
Folks, we are feeding the troll.
Hold up. Lost in Transplation, I don't think you should belittle my thread. This is a serious inquiry. Many white people do have a problem with this from Los Angeles to Miami. I'm not doing this to cause a stir on the Miami forum. Everytime someone starts talking about their problems with Miami (and Los Angeles), they always bring up the "dreaded hispanic."

That's just how it is, and if you don't want to face the truth, then that's your decison. However, don't write-off my thread.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:30 AM

294 posts, read 1,010,222 times
Quote:
Hold up. Lost in Transplation, I don't think you should belittle my thread. This is a serious inquiry. Many white people do have a problem with this from Los Angeles to Miami. I'm not doing this to cause a stir on the Miami forum. Everytime someone starts talking about their problems with Miami (and Los Angeles), they always bring up the "dreaded hispanic."

That's just how it is, and if you don't want to face the truth, then that's your decison. However, don't write-off my thread.
Fair enough. Why don't you start off. Why do you see this as a problem? What is your proposed solution?

Old 04-03-2009, 11:31 AM

177 posts, read 495,853 times
Quote:

Complain to our govt. they are the main ones responsible. No border security, no enforcement of immigration laws. I just read yesterday that we just let in 1.5 million immigrants on work visas and one million of those were just allowed to live and work here permanantly. How many Americans just lost there job Im sure its in the Millions by now and on top of that we just employed 1.5 million foreigners!!! Thats an outrage to the hardworking people that helped vote in the same clowns that are giving their jobs away.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Translation View Post
Fair enough. Why don't you start off. Why do you see this as a problem? What is your proposed solution?
I don't think anyone has a solid solution to this problem, or any other problems. I just think it is best for one to think critically about an issue so it can be better dealt with.

The question is how can one get two or more different groups of people to co-habitate together, and one group does not feel like the other group is making their life harder. When one does not think about an issue critically enough, one starts to say stuff like, "these hispanics have ruined Miami."

They just start pointing fingers instead of trying to work the issue out, and it makes the issue worse.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:44 PM

115 posts, read 286,313 times
Am I the only one sick of the characterization of "white" people? What races exactly are considered "White"? There are a lot of cultures under the umbrella of "white" in this country. There are a broad spectrum of people in this world and lumping them into skin colors is a big part of the problem. Its pretty ignorant and hypocritical to be against racism but in the same breath to classify different cultures and people based on color.

We may not have invented this idealogy, far from it, but we can choose whether or not to perpetuate this. There are many different kinds of people lumped into the white category, and as the world continues to blend and the "colors" mix, where do you draw the line? I know that I am considered white but actually am 80% of mediterranean decent. If I lived in South America with the same genetics, I would not be considered White by "society", I would be labeled something else.

What is it exactly, Language? Skin color? Region? It seems like it changes based on how people want to spin it.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:45 PM

212 posts, read 761,240 times
can't stand being a minority huh? what does that say about yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration