U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2009, 05:40 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,904,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Another example: I tend to have more of a cultural affinity to Navajo Indians vs. a bunch of lower class Mestizo Mexicans from Mexico----------despite in some cases the two groups being identical in physical appearance. Which of course eliminates any 'racial' factors.
You keep trying to dance around it, but it's plain as light. You have prejudices toward Mexicans.
Here, you're desperately trying to make it seem less racist by mentioning you like Navajos.

You try so hard to eliminate any racial classification for Latinos, but now you're going a different route, and trying to say you just don't like mestizos of Mexican ancestry.

Which way are you going to go?

Old 04-05-2009, 06:09 PM

2,262 posts, read 2,699,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Whites are the majority in most areas of South Florida. However, if you're looking for WASP whites in Miami in great numbers, you're barking up the wrong tree. Anyone who has a hang-up about this should probably consider living elsewhere (and realize that "WASPs" haven't held majority status in this country for a while).
My friend, is that term necessary? It seems like people use it in a derogatory manner. I think people of any creed and color who are proud to be American should embrace each other.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:33 PM

3,227 posts, read 2,879,531 times
Default I don't know how it made it this long.

But that's OK, because it ends now. Please, find something more productive to discuss instead of posting on theads that are purely meant to cause racial arguments. This thread is a classic case of "ogreing".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.