U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 03:52 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times

Advertisements

they live for sensationalism.

great post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
How much would the percentage of violent crimes decline if we could get rid of 100 percent of them?

There's a reason sites like worldnetdaily like to use real stats, but write their own stories around those stats.

Are there some illegals who commit crime? Sure.
Are all of those "some" murdering and raping? No..probably few.
Would crime drop dramatically with 0 illegal immigrants? Yeah, there'd be a few less crimes, but utopia it wouldn't be. And the drop in crime wouldn't be very "dramatic".

And before the regulars with the typical argument creep out the woodwork, I'm not 'justifying' illegal crime. It happens. And I see violent criminals like other violent criminals. Citizen, illegal. Whatever. They're ALL crimes that "shouldn't happen".

But lets not twist information and pretend that they are all, or even most of them, rapists and murderers. Let's stick to the actual problems illegal immigrants present(impact on the infrastructure of the country, etc).
Let's not go the route of sensationalism, and make them out to be barbarians.
That's detrimental to your guys' argument. Makes it hard to take you guys seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 07:48 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Who attributes all of the ills of society to one group? Surely you aren't referring to me. You can pull every single word I have ever posted and you will NEVER find anything remotely resembling that statement in any of my posts.
Imagine how much the percentage of violent crimes would decline if we were able to get rid of 95% of them.

Implication of pinning ills of society on one group. Just an implication, but still reflects your thought process. I think that maybe this a halfhearted joke.

I can see how when you state things like the above, how people would infer that you mean that crime would be virtually nill if all illegal immigrants were gone.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:00 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Imagine how much the percentage of violent crimes would decline if we were able to get rid of 95% of them.

Implication of pinning ills of society on one group. Just an implication, but still reflects your thought process. I think that maybe this a halfhearted joke.

I can see how when you state things like the above, how people would infer that you mean that crime would be virtually nill if all illegal immigrants were gone.
Illegal Immigrant is a "group" of people. It is a group of people costing us taxpayers billions of dollars a year. Does it mean that crime from them has affected each of us personally? No. Does it mean that we are all paying for it? Yes. For the average tax payer it would be better if every single Illegal Immigrant were tossed out.

It would hit businesses hiring illegal labor hard but I have no problem with that even if costs for certain goods go up.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:56 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
As i've stated before, if even one US citizen has been a victim of illegal alien crime, than this is unacceptable! If the border was protected and the immigration policy was being followed, then there would be very little crime perpetuated by illegals.
Exactly-one US citizen is way too many. Unfortunately it is a lot more than one US citizen. Every US citizen pays for this illegal invasion one way or another-some people more than others.

I always find it interesting that people make excuses for illegal aliens with comments like "US citizens commit crime too". So because some Americans who have the right to be here commit crimes that should excuse illegal aliens-who have no right to be here? I don't think so.

If there were no illegal aliens here taxing law enforcement, then our law enforcement would have more resources to use on putting away the bad guy Americans who have a right to be here.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:44 AM

4 posts, read 2,797 times
Nice to know there are still people with common since. When these illegals come here "illegally" that makes them a criminal from the moment they step foot on American soil.
I sent an email to my childrens school district, not the school, to let them know I would not be a parent who stood by while my "white girl", as the hispanics call them, children are harrassed by hispanics.
I let them know that this is a growing problem in all the schools and nothing is done to the hispanic groups. Instead it's the American groups that are punished and blamed for the disturbance.
I received a request from my childrens school principal to call her. Well I did call and she was busy of course. It is a week later and she still hasn't called me back. I guess she didn't think I would push the issue any further.
Well, I sent her an email letting her know that I am aware of her not taking this issue seriously, due to her not calling me back.
If there is still no response, the school district will be informed of the lack of communication.
I am not a parent who lets go easily when it comes to my children
Not only are adult Americans paying for this illegal invasion, but our children are also.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:47 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMJRM View Post
Nice to know there are still people with common since. When these illegals come here "illegally" that makes them a criminal from the moment they step foot on American soil.
I sent an email to my childrens school district, not the school, to let them know I would not be a parent who stood by while my "white girl", as the hispanics call them, children are harrassed by hispanics.
I let them know that this is a growing problem in all the schools and nothing is done to the hispanic groups. Instead it's the American groups that are punished and blamed for the disturbance.
I received a request from my childrens school principal to call her. Well I did call and she was busy of course. It is a week later and she still hasn't called me back. I guess she didn't think I would push the issue any further.
Well, I sent her an email letting her know that I am aware of her not taking this issue seriously, due to her not calling me back.
If there is still no response, the school district will be informed of the lack of communication.
I am not a parent who lets go easily when it comes to my children
Not only are adult Americans paying for this illegal invasion, but our children are also.
That's the problem. When you tell entire groups of people because of their race (or raza) that they are not obligated to abide by the laws of this country, soon they start believing they are not obligated to abide by any of our laws.

How do you tell them it's okay to break immigration laws and it's okay to engage in ID theft and felony document fraud. And it's okay for them to drive without licenses and liability insurance. And it's okay for them to smuggle drugs as long as they say it's because they want to improve themselves and their families. Killing border agents of course is okay too because they got in the way of your dreams of lots of US money, the high life.

How are they supposed to know which laws our government considers important?

Old 11-14-2010, 01:56 PM

1,817 posts, read 5,766,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's the problem. When you tell entire groups of people because of their race (or raza) that they are not obligated to abide by the laws of this country, soon they start believing they are not obligated to abide by any of our laws.

How do you tell them it's okay to break immigration laws and it's okay to engage in ID theft and felony document fraud. And it's okay for them to drive without licenses and liability insurance. And it's okay for them to smuggle drugs as long as they say it's because they want to improve themselves and their families. Killing border agents of course is okay too because they got in the way of your dreams of lots of US money, the high life.

How are they supposed to know which laws our government considers important?
I'd sure like to hear the answer to that one.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:36 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,027,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMJRM View Post
Why not start your own repetitive thread, instead of dredging up one that is over 19 months old? Just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration