U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 04-05-2009, 01:52 AM
 
21 posts, read 50,289 times
Reputation: 39

Advertisements

I am all for people being in this country legally, but I have watched the explosion of illegal's in California and Arizona destroy economy's (remember the middle class?), inflate crime rates (ever hear of MS-13?), spread diseases (TB anyone?) and lower property values (want to move into a home with 20 people living in the house next door?). Lets also not forget that a lot of these people do not wish to assimilate to our American culture....and they stimulate THEIR economy by sending the money they make, tax free mind you, to Mexico (ever wonder why they sell so many Mexican phone cards at Moneygram locations). Although the ultra-liberals will no doubt fight me on this because if its not living next to next to them, then they can really embrace it. Ohh...and don't give me the old "They do jobs we wont do"
I mow my own grass after I work a 40 hour week, and I mowed my fathers grass for a buck when I was a kid. Its lazy ass MTV cultured kids with liberal parents who perpetuate that little stereotype....here is an idea: get off the playstation, turn down your ghetto music (your a real gangster in Idaho huh?), put down the cell phone, and work. Did I mention that i'm not a Republican, or a "Rush Limbaugh" enthusiast and I think Bush was an idiot. 99% of the politicians are liars and lackeys, Obamas no different, just deals dirty cards from a different deck. The REAL morons though, are the people who think that illegal immigration will not hurt our country, well being and children's future. It will. Wake the F up.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-05-2009, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Sandpoint, Idaho
2,880 posts, read 5,070,237 times
Reputation: 3020
Please remain in California or Arizona. Stand-up like a man and help your state. We want to see people coming up to Idaho for Idaho. We don't want people choosing Idaho to escape their responsibilities in California, Arizonsa, or Nevada...THe last thing we need are bitter transplants whose entire frame of reference remains CA or AZ.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2009, 04:16 PM
 
Location: Under a bridge.
3,196 posts, read 4,715,448 times
Reputation: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE WOLF View Post
I am all for people being in this country legally, but I have watched the explosion of illegal's in California and Arizona destroy economy's (remember the middle class?), inflate crime rates (ever hear of MS-13?), spread diseases (TB anyone?) and lower property values (want to move into a home with 20 people living in the house next door?). Lets also not forget that a lot of these people do not wish to assimilate to our American culture....and they stimulate THEIR economy by sending the money they make, tax free mind you, to Mexico (ever wonder why they sell so many Mexican phone cards at Moneygram locations). Although the ultra-liberals will no doubt fight me on this because if its not living next to next to them, then they can really embrace it. Ohh...and don't give me the old "They do jobs we wont do"
I mow my own grass after I work a 40 hour week, and I mowed my fathers grass for a buck when I was a kid. Its lazy ass MTV cultured kids with liberal parents who perpetuate that little stereotype....here is an idea: get off the playstation, turn down your ghetto music (your a real gangster in Idaho huh?), put down the cell phone, and work. Did I mention that i'm not a Republican, or a "Rush Limbaugh" enthusiast and I think Bush was an idiot. 99% of the politicians are liars and lackeys, Obamas no different, just deals dirty cards from a different deck. The REAL morons though, are the people who think that illegal immigration will not hurt our country, well being and children's future. It will. Wake the F up.
I agree mostly with what you say. Just remember the illegals cost California taxpayers over $4 BILLION a year in medical and eduication costs. GO HOME I say. But they don't. Instead they wave their flags and have rallys abour RECOQUISTA--the RE-Conquering of California and Arizona and making those states part of Mexico.

Yet this invasion of people who want to conquer us was sanctioned by Bush--he did nothing.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2009, 05:02 PM
 
2,779 posts, read 6,666,611 times
Reputation: 728
What does this thread have to do with Forum Topic?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2009, 05:12 PM
 
Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 6,150,093 times
Reputation: 973
I am not sure the OP belongs in the Idaho forum...possibly in one of the other "issues" forums...even though I somewhat agree. I currently reside in northern AZ and I will admit that the drain on our economy and increasing drug/crime rates due to illegals is very problematic. It is also one of many reasons I am hoping to relocate, and yet, that is not the main reason. Nor do I feel I will in any way bring any bitterness with me and I certainly will not be shirking any responsibilities.

Northern Idaho is chock-full of retired law enforcement from CA and the southwest, and there is a reason for that: they have settled there because they want to get away from the stress of hatred and bitterness that surrounds some areas of CA, AZ and NV and to go towards a quieter, simpler lifestyle. While this may, or may not, relate directly to illegals, it does speak for the places where they (illegals) have chosen to live.

If I ever sell this place in AZ and relocate to NID I can guarantee that no one will ever know about my reasons for leaving because they are not pertinent, aside from the fact that I have friends & family in NID and I am now retired and can join them. I actually do not consider it "escaping my responsibilities" at all...and it is not "leaving" that I hope to accomplish...it is "moving ahead".
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2009, 05:52 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,773,289 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
I am not sure the OP belongs in the Idaho forum...possibly in one of the other "issues" forums...even though I somewhat agree. I currently reside in northern AZ and I will admit that the drain on our economy and increasing drug/crime rates due to illegals is very problematic. It is also one of many reasons I am hoping to relocate, and yet, that is not the main reason. Nor do I feel I will in any way bring any bitterness with me and I certainly will not be shirking any responsibilities.

Northern Idaho is chock-full of retired law enforcement from CA and the southwest, and there is a reason for that: they have settled there because they want to get away from the stress of hatred and bitterness that surrounds some areas of CA, AZ and NV and to go towards a quieter, simpler lifestyle. While this may, or may not, relate directly to illegals, it does speak for the places where they (illegals) have chosen to live.

If I ever sell this place in AZ and relocate to NID I can guarantee that no one will ever know about my reasons for leaving because they are not pertinent, aside from the fact that I have friends & family in NID and I am now retired and can join them. I actually do not consider it "escaping my responsibilities" at all...and it is not "leaving" that I hope to accomplish...it is "moving ahead".
As its posted (by THE WOLF) under the forum for "immigration" I would say its exactly in the right place. That plus the fact that the OP made a hell of a lot of good points. That is some great insight, and, I think thats what its going to take to solve this problem. Great post!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2009, 06:06 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
To whom it may concern: I live here in Arizona and illegal aliens are bugging out as we speak.

The reconquista by Americans against (mostly) Spanish speaking Mestizos illegals is taking place as we speak
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2009, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Under a bridge.
3,196 posts, read 4,715,448 times
Reputation: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
To whom it may concern: I live here in Arizona and illegal aliens are bugging out as we speak.

The reconquista by Americans against (mostly) Spanish speaking Mestizos illegals is taking place as we speak
Good....it's nice to know that they are leaving. How can we speed up their departure?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2009, 06:53 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma
608 posts, read 791,088 times
Reputation: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Good....it's nice to know that they are leaving. How can we speed up their departure?
How about following the current immigration laws in place? If employers wouldn't offer the illegals jobs and the government wouldn't give them welfare checks, free medeical care, and free education; then the illegals wouldn't have a reason to be here in the USA.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2009, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Under a bridge.
3,196 posts, read 4,715,448 times
Reputation: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
How about following the current immigration laws in place? If employers wouldn't offer the illegals jobs and the government wouldn't give them welfare checks, free medeical care, and free education; then the illegals wouldn't have a reason to be here in the USA.
I just don't understand how we can have an executive branch of the government that decides for itself what laws it wants to enforce and what laws it does not. I think having that kind of a branch in the government is unconstitutional--but, hey, what do I know? I'm just an average citizen.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top