U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever had your job taken by an illegal immigrant
yes 15 38.46%
No 24 61.54%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:57 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,717,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Without knowing where they live or the ability to monitor the "guests" the US has no way to enforce it once they are supposed to leave. It's almost a back door portal past the Border Patrol. The only way to make it uncomfortable for them is to cut off Social Services.
And of course when they come here as guest workers, we will have to allow them to bring along the family because separating them from their family would be inhumane and not what American is all about (N. Pelosi). While the family is here, they will conveniently birth another one. This new little bundle of joy will be an American citizen (unfortunately for us) and they will never leave. I can see where this is going right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 08:58 PM

14,459 posts, read 7,485,213 times
[quote=carolac;8217099]Same here. we've lost jobs to companies that have fired all of their painters who have been with them for years and brought in all illegals, quote]
Roger that

Old 04-06-2009, 09:09 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,049,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
How is this useless?

If illegal immigration is an issue that is affecting all of America as badly as many people claim, what's wrong with asking people if they personally have lost a job to illegal immigrants?

By the way, you didn't happen to answer this poll anyway, did you?

OK, I'll answer -- Have I lost my job to an illegal immigrant?
Considering that I am a stay at home mom, I would hope to hell not!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:14 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,085,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Without knowing where they live or the ability to monitor the "guests" the US has no way to enforce it once they are supposed to leave. It's almost a back door portal past the Border Patrol. The only way to make it uncomfortable for them is to cut off Social Services so that when they are here they work, when it's over they leave. Without that in place there is too much of a draw for them to stay here and leech tax payer money (that would be yours and mine if anyone does indeed pay income tax.)
It might have to be a sponsorship program of sorts. I think that cutting off of Social Services might be fair, umm...I'm trying to think of alternatives. Since the main point is to discourage illegal immigration and promote a better way to enter legally, if they so desire.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:46 AM
Yac

5,877 posts, read 6,306,735 times
The OP has every right to ask this question, this is an immigration forum after all.
So if you feel like posting "This is pointless" or "your poll is useless" or anything similar, think again and choose door no.2 - don't post and move on.
Yac.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:49 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,088,941 times
im baffled as to how everyone is certain that the people chosen to do the job were in fact illegals?

was there a documents check done?

how are you so certain that these other workers were illegals and not just some legit workers...

Old 04-07-2009, 03:55 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,186,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
im baffled as to how everyone is certain that the people chosen to do the job were in fact illegals?

was there a documents check done?

how are you so certain that these other workers were illegals and not just some legit workers...
When I waitressed in college, they brought in illegal alien dishwashers. Neither the employer nor the workers themselves tried to hide it. In fact the cheap owner was quite proud of it.

There are newspaper stories where illegals cry about how they are "undocumented" and fear for deportation-right there in the illegal's own words.

There are known companies in each community that hire illegal aliens as well. You try to make out like it is a huge guessing game, which it is not.

Last edited by nicolem; 04-07-2009 at 04:13 PM..

Old 04-07-2009, 05:43 PM

974 posts, read 1,354,192 times
It is not hard to figure out. When a cop car passes and all the workers disappear to the other side of the roof and peak over the top every time, it is kind of plain to see.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:46 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,399,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
It might have to be a sponsorship program of sorts. I think that cutting off of Social Services might be fair, umm...I'm trying to think of alternatives. Since the main point is to discourage illegal immigration and promote a better way to enter legally, if they so desire.
Gotcha. So we let that same 2-3 million illegals that break in illegally yearly, from SOB, break in legally. However many as want to.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:16 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,902,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
It is not hard to figure out. When a cop car passes and all the workers disappear to the other side of the roof and peak over the top every time, it is kind of plain to see.
Haven't heard that one before.
Do they also "scatter" when you happen to wear your Border Patrol hat? Or yell "La Migra"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or