U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Have you ever had your job taken by an illegal immigrant
yes 15 38.46%
No 24 61.54%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-13-2010, 05:29 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,979 posts, read 30,239,110 times
Reputation: 17783

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphdawg View Post
I see you are from Mesa as well, so you understand the drop houses and vehicles packed with illegal immigrants are what the liberals consider "helping" the down trodden?
We have the same scenerio here in San Diego and LA. There time would be better spent helping the Illegals in their home Countries, not here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-13-2010, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,704,952 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphdawg View Post
I see you are from Mesa as well, so you understand the drop houses and vehicles packed with illegal immigrants are what the liberals consider "helping" the down trodden?
Yep.

And in the section of Mesa where I live, the illegal aliens are disappearing judging by the large numbers of apt vacancies and empty storefronts nearby------compared to 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2010, 10:56 PM
 
313 posts, read 295,775 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Yep.

And in the section of Mesa where I live, the illegal aliens are disappearing judging by the large numbers of apt vacancies and empty storefronts nearby------compared to 2008.
You sound like you would love Detroit.

I've never heard someone as giddy over empty storefronts as you are. I guess as long as it's less Mexicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2010, 08:03 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,704,952 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
You sound like you would love Detroit.

I've never heard someone as giddy over empty storefronts as you are. I guess as long as it's less Mexicans.
If discussing illegal alien Mexicans, ETC.; of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2010, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Scottsdale
467 posts, read 1,059,042 times
Reputation: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post

who did the hiring? why did the homeowners and builders pick them over you? with all the builders I work with youre required to have workers compen and general liability and I know a lot of hispanics that have been here for years and pay their taxes and have insurances.
Blah,Blah,Blah! First of all, let's bring you up todate on what's really going on. I'm Hispanic and I was born here in the state of New Mexico. But, in 1996, I moved from Seattle to the sate of Arizona. During my job search, I found that because I had a Hispanic last name, I couldn't get hired because the owner was is fear that I was illegal.

My wife send out 100's of resume for work here in the Phoenix area and didn't even get a call back for 6 months. So, finally we changed her resumes to use her maiden name and she got a call abck in three days of sending them out to the same companies she sent them out before with the hispanic name.

Now, for your information, for $50.00, an illegal can buy a SSN card and all of the permits he will need to get a job here in this country. My wife is a fraud investigator that does workmen's compenstation insurance.

She is always finding owners that have falsified their paper work to try and get away with hiring illegals. Oh they pay their taxes alright. But they are also being taken advantage of. They think they have workmen's comp. But in reality...they don't. It just a way for the owner to make a little extra cash. I can't tell you how many times she has had to go in and do an audit and find all of the fixed books to try and hide the fact that they are committing fraud. it's everywhere!

So, no it time for you to just stop and think, the next time you and your illegal friends are break bread together, asked then how to get the same paper work on the black market that they got. let see what they say next! Tell them that you have a friend from Mexico city that is come here and you want to help. Then let's see what they say.

You think that they are going to say that you need to go to your local goverment building and apply for a visa? before you ask, you better brush up on your spanish so you will know what they are passing back and forth with out you knowing. It might help you understand a little about what's going on.

Let me ask you this question for you to think about...

Why don't you just turn the tables on them. Why not just go cross the board and live down there like they do here. Try and get a job down there. The chances are really good that you will not beable to get a job and we will hear about another American in the jailo system down there asking for U.S. help!

Please take this into account. There are not just 5 or 10 illegals that have come across the border to work with you so you can listen to latin music as you work.

There are "Millions" of illegals that have crossed the border within the last two years. In some areas of the world, this would be known as an invasion. Only here in the USA do we turn our heads to an invasion and say...."come on in"

We really did this on 9/11. We just looked the other way. Oh, but this is racial profiling Tough!

Ok, here's the next question for you to think about while you guys are singing...la cucaracha.

"If 10 million illegals have come across our porous borders, how many illegal terrorist have come across the porous border without You knowing about it?" Yeah, that's what I though...you don't know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2010, 12:13 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,704,952 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post
Blah,Blah,Blah! First of all, let's bring you up todate on what's really going on. I'm Hispanic and I was born here in the state of New Mexico. But, in 1996, I moved from Seattle to the sate of Arizona. During my job search, I found that because I had a Hispanic last name, I couldn't get hired because the owner was is fear that I was illegal.

My wife send out 100's of resume for work here in the Phoenix area and didn't even get a call back for 6 months. So, finally we changed her resumes to use her maiden name and she got a call abck in three days of sending them out to the same companies she sent them out before with the hispanic name.


Now, for your information, for $50.00, an illegal can buy a SSN card and all of the permits he will need to get a job here in this country. My wife is a fraud investigator that does workmen's compenstation insurance.

She is always finding owners that have falsified their paper work to try and get away with hiring illegals. Oh they pay their taxes alright. But they are also being taken advantage of. They think they have workmen's comp. But in reality...they don't. It just a way for the owner to make a little extra cash. I can't tell you how many times she has had to go in and do an audit and find all of the fixed books to try and hide the fact that they are committing fraud. it's everywhere!

So, no it time for you to just stop and think, the next time you and your illegal friends are break bread together, asked then how to get the same paper work on the black market that they got. let see what they say next! Tell them that you have a friend from Mexico city that is come here and you want to help. Then let's see what they say.

You think that they are going to say that you need to go to your local goverment building and apply for a visa? before you ask, you better brush up on your spanish so you will know what they are passing back and forth with out you knowing. It might help you understand a little about what's going on.

Let me ask you this question for you to think about...

Why don't you just turn the tables on them. Why not just go cross the board and live down there like they do here. Try and get a job down there. The chances are really good that you will not beable to get a job and we will hear about another American in the jailo system down there asking for U.S. help!

Please take this into account. There are not just 5 or 10 illegals that have come across the border to work with you so you can listen to latin music as you work.

There are "Millions" of illegals that have crossed the border within the last two years. In some areas of the world, this would be known as an invasion. Only here in the USA do we turn our heads to an invasion and say...."come on in"

We really did this on 9/11. We just looked the other way. Oh, but this is racial profiling Tough!

Ok, here's the next question for you to think about while you guys are singing...la cucaracha.

"If 10 million illegals have come across our porous borders, how many illegal terrorist have come across the porous border without You knowing about it?" Yeah, that's what I though...you don't know!
I believe it. Some years ago; an Anglo gentleman with the surname 'Delacruz' or something very similar was discriminated against courtesy of his Portuguese surname..........he wound up using his wife's stereotypical Anglo surname------no more problem.

Side note: MY birth surname sounds 'Hispanic' (father was from Hungary) and it was a hindrance for the reasons you detailed.........till a perspective employer saw me----------I am Nordic White in appearance. I had it legally changed to an English one many years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top