U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever had your job taken by an illegal immigrant
yes 15 38.46%
No 24 61.54%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:19 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,793,608 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering how many in here have had their jobs taken by illegal immigrants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 04:41 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,899,871 times
You should really make the poll so that is shows how users voted. We all know how some people like to exaggerate if not completely make up facts at times..

Old 04-06-2009, 04:43 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,075,346 times
no, never.

but i might have taken a job from an illegal that one summer i worked at mcdonalds...

Old 04-06-2009, 05:00 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,038,627 times
Your poll is useless.
I mean, let us have a poll asking if any of us where in the World Trade Center on 9/11/01. By using your 'reasoning', if noone on this board was physically present it either did not occur or the ramifications of the bombings do not effect any of us in any way.
Or how about -- has anyone on this board been lynched? No? Then the lynchings of black men in years following the civil war must not have happened, or at least it really didn't effect anyone.
Or...has anyone had cancer? No? Then cancer must either not exist or it really isn't that bad.

Logic is a good thing

Old 04-06-2009, 05:16 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,899,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Your poll is useless.
I mean, let us have a poll asking if any of us where in the World Trade Center on 9/11/01. By using your 'reasoning', if noone on this board was physically present it either did not occur or the ramifications of the bombings do not effect any of us in any way.
Or how about -- has anyone on this board been lynched? No? Then the lynchings of black men in years following the civil war must not have happened, or at least it really didn't effect anyone.
Or...has anyone had cancer? No? Then cancer must either not exist or it really isn't that bad.

Logic is a good thing
How is this useless?

If illegal immigration is an issue that is affecting all of America as badly as many people claim, what's wrong with asking people if they personally have lost a job to illegal immigrants?

By the way, you didn't happen to answer this poll anyway, did you?

Old 04-06-2009, 05:21 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,892,472 times
I myself was forced out of the drywall trade along with my brothers because we could no compete with illegals. We needed $5.00 a board to hang sheetrock. They did the job for as little as $2.50 per board. Sheetrock normally pays peice rate.
Why did we need twice as much? Starting with taxes, insurance and we used glue and screws. Much more costly than using nails. Why glue and screws? We had to warrente our work... This minimized returns for defects.
The illegals simply moved on.
Another issue was we didn't live 3 families in a 2 bedroom apartment. Our cost of living was higher.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:37 PM

365 posts, read 667,888 times

who did the hiring? why did the homeowners and builders pick them over you? with all the builders I work with youre required to have workers compen and general liability and I know a lot of hispanics that have been here for years and pay their taxes and have insurances. so relatively I dont see that its a true fact. and if they did charge half of what you were charging then again who was doing the hiring? an illegal? so an other words there traitors among us correct? dont irs suppose to do a background check after five years to check if your company is a business or just a hobby. YALL HISPANIC PEOPLE HATERS TEND TO EXagerate things.

Its funny I work on a school last week and ALL OF THE WORKERS were hispanic all of them and I AM TALKING ABOUT north carolina.
they ARE MORE HARD WORKING.
they whine less.
there more MEN. and thats what it takes to survive in the construction scenery this days. so lets stop our whining and show the the worlds workforce that we are competitive.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:38 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,310,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I was just wondering how many in here have had their jobs taken by illegal immigrants?
What the hell difference does it make? Illegal is illegal and I want them ALL out of our damn country, by any means necessary. I have had it with the damn illegals and those that love them.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:09 PM

974 posts, read 1,352,769 times
I have, I was a roofer and we lost jobs left and right. We lost them to fly-by-night roofing companies that had 10 illegals working for them and seriously underbid us to get the job. They then did the job and left the area.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:11 PM

974 posts, read 1,352,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post

who did the hiring? why did the homeowners and builders pick them over you? with all the builders I work with youre required to have workers compen and general liability and I know a lot of hispanics that have been here for years and pay their taxes and have insurances. so relatively I dont see that its a true fact. and if they did charge half of what you were charging then again who was doing the hiring? an illegal? so an other words there traitors among us correct? dont irs suppose to do a background check after five years to check if your company is a business or just a hobby. YALL HISPANIC PEOPLE HATERS TEND TO EXagerate things.

Its funny I work on a school last week and ALL OF THE WORKERS were hispanic all of them and I AM TALKING ABOUT north carolina.
they ARE MORE HARD WORKING.
they whine less.
there more MEN. and thats what it takes to survive in the construction scenery this days. so lets stop our whining and show the the worlds workforce that we are competitive.

Who here said anything about hispanics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or