U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 12:56 PM

10,010 posts, read 12,250,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
But to be fair, many did not... I just wish we could get to the human side of the issue first, and the policy side of it second, as the U.S. Constitution tries to do.
My brother had his reasons as well, so do many people, real human reasons, but they still pay.

Last edited by Nea1; 03-30-2007 at 01:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
But to be fair, many did not... I just wish we could get to the human side of the issue first, and the policy side of it second, as the U.S. Constitution tries to do.
Also being human doesnt give you the right to step on other people for your own benefit with complete disregard. I dont do it and i have been in situations where I was desperate.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:15 PM

4,281 posts, read 6,772,208 times
Having an "open border" is an issue which has the ICE Meth makers and distributors in Mexico (the country from which the majority of this highly addictive form of meth is coming from, since the crack down by law enforcement agencies in the U.S. on meth labs and the ingredients used to make the drug in this country) rubbing their hands in glee.

That border should only be tightened even more. Ask the citizens of Atlanta, GA where the ICE meth epidemic is clearly on the rise.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:26 PM

1,700 posts, read 4,471,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Also being human doesnt give you the right to step on other people for your own benefit with complete disregard. .
Domino Effect for Illegal Trespassing, Undocumented, Unregistered.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:34 PM

1,483 posts, read 2,654,992 times
Default unintentional

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
You should probably drop the s on laws, since illegally crossing the border is one law. The rest of the "law breaking" is an unintentional domino effect from the first law of illegal trespassing into the United States. A good thing to mention as well is the fact that many are trying to sufficiently provide for them and their family's, which heavily lowers the standard that they are commiting a horrifying and disturbing crime against others and this nation.
"unintentional" hmmm
I suppose they, bring in gangs and drugs, refuse to speak / learn english, hold anti american rallys, steal identitys, hit and run in cars, refuse to immigrate legally and other issues all "unintentionally" Boy thats some "accident"...

Forgot to add to the play book:
"America will collapse because Americans dont want to do their work" Thats another one thats used all the time.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:35 PM

2,655 posts, read 7,335,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Having an "open border" is an issue which has the ICE Meth makers and distributors in Mexico (the country from which the majority of this highly addictive form of meth is coming from, since the crack down by law enforcement agencies in the U.S. on meth labs and the ingredients used to make the drug in this country) rubbing their hands in glee.

That border should only be tightened even more. Ask the citizens of Atlanta, GA where the ICE meth epidemic is clearly on the rise.
ICE - Immigration and Customs Enforcement?

Who's buying the meth? Could a north-of-the-border demand be equally to blame?

Old 03-30-2007, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Domino Effect for Illegal Trespassing, Undocumented, Unregistered.
That is no excuse.........i want i want I want. mememememe. Thats all I hear from them.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:

yea and they just need to supply us huh? They must have good intentions, thinking how badly we need the stuff.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:41 PM

2,655 posts, read 7,335,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
yea and they just need to supply us huh? They must have good intentions, thinking how badly we need the stuff.
I would guess intentions beyond profit are of little concern -- as is the case with most capitalistic ventures. But for demand, I guess "we" need it badly because the drugs coming from south of the border ain't enough. It's supplemented with meth and drug labs galore right here in this country -- in some of the "safest" neighborhoods.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:44 PM

4,281 posts, read 6,772,208 times
Quote:

Ice is the translucent crystal, smokable form of methamphetamine.

Obviously you missed my point.
If the majority of this drug is coming over the border from Mexico and the borders are "opened" then that just opens the doors wider for the problem of addiction to grow in the U.S. Hence tighten the borders.

There's always going to be supply and demand for anything drugs, sex etc.

The U.S. law enforcement agencies have come down heavy on the meth labs in the U.S. and the drugs that are used to make them. All that hard work work down the drain if there is an "open border."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration