Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 12:44 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,075,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
That is no excuse.........i want i want I want. mememememe. Thats all I hear from them.
So, that's all you hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 12:47 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
So, that's all you hear.
What do you hear? Feed me cause I am hungry? School my kids because we have no schools back home? Oh sorry for the closing of hospitals? And for the problems in the schools? and all the bills we leave behind.

Sorry No, I hear what they voiced loud and clear during the protests and what they continue to say everyday they are here breaking laws.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Ice is the translucent crystal, smokable form of methamphetamine.

Obviously you missed my point.
If the majority of this drug is coming over the border from Mexico and the borders are "opened" then that just opens the doors wider for the problem of addiction to grow in the U.S. Hence tighten the borders.

There's always going to be supply and demand for anything drugs, sex etc.

The U.S. law enforcement agencies have come down heavy on the meth labs in the U.S. and the drugs that are used to make them. All that hard work work down the drain if there is an "open border."
Didn't miss your point. Just making light of a tough subject with a play on the acronym, ICE.

I challenge you to support the claim that the "majority" of illegal drugs come from south of the border. I hear of meth labs busted right here almost EVERY DAY! Some of them in upscale neighborhoods. Big-time busts. Big-time money. The entire supply-demand chain propped up by Americans and Americans alone, completely within U.S. borders.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Didn't miss your point. Just making light of a tough subject with a play on the acronym, ICE.

I challenge you to support the claim that the "majority" of illegal drugs come from south of the border. I hear of meth labs busted right here almost EVERY DAY! Some of them in upscale neighborhoods. Big-time busts. Big-time money. The entire supply-demand chain propped up by Americans and Americans alone, completely within U.S. borders.
According to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, 65 percent of all meth consumed in the United States now comes from Mexican drug cartels: 53 percent from superlabs in Mexico itself, and 12 percent from Mexican-run superlabs within the U.S. The cartels who so efficiently established super labs in the West Coast in the mid-90s are now moving operations to Mexico, where restrictions on the precursor chemical, pseudoephedrine, have, until very recently, been nonexistent. In 2004, Mexico imported 224 tons of psuedoephedrine, a figure estimated to be double the national demand for cold medicine, and quadruple the 66 tons imported in 2000. To supply their super labs, the cartels are obtaining the chemical in mass quantities, either in bulk directly from overseas suppliers, or from local pharmaceutical companies making legitimate cold pills, or via bogus pharmacy fronts.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:54 PM

Mexican DTOs and criminal groups control most wholesale cocaine distribution in the United States, and their control is increasing. According to federal, state, and local law enforcement reporting, Mexican DTOs and criminal groups are the predominant wholesale cocaine distributors in the Great Lakes, Pacific, Southeast, Southwest, and West Central Regions, and although Colombian and Dominican criminal groups control most wholesale distribution in the Northeast and Florida/Caribbean Regions

Old 03-30-2007, 12:54 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Quote:

I challenge you to support the claim that the "majority" of illegal drugs come from south of the border. I hear of meth labs busted right here almost EVERY DAY! Some of them in upscale neighborhoods. Big-time busts. Big-time money. The entire supply-demand chain propped up by Americans and Americans alone.
I did not say the "majority" of illegal drugs I said ice meth. Look it up on the web, read about it in the newspapers, watch the news. Do your own research.

I am sticking to the original post title of "open borders" and I've just given a reason as to why "open borders" are not a good idea for the U.S. and Mexico

Old 03-30-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
What do you hear? Feed me cause I am hungry? School my kids because we have no schools back home? Oh sorry for the closing of hospitals? And for the problems in the schools? and all the bills we leave behind.

Sorry No, I hear what they voiced loud and clear during the protests and what they continue to say everyday they are here breaking laws.
Thanks for asking! I hear "thank you for choosing [insert pizza joint], how can I help you?" Between the lines I hear from my wallet, "that meal was dirt cheap!" From a distance I see stooped migrants picking tomorrow's strawberries and I hear "no, I don't think a retirement plan comes with this job, nor do paid sick days, and at times I didn't even get paid because the boss threatened to call la migra on me." Sometimes I hear "though with the $40 I'll earn in 14 hours or picking lettuce, I'll have to pay taxes for services that I don't dare use for fear of deportation." This I hear among many other things.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I did not say the "majority" of illegal drugs I said ice meth. Look it up on the web, read about it in the newspapers, watch the news. Do your own research.

I am sticking to the original post title of "open borders" and I've just given a reason as to why "open borders" are not a good idea for the U.S. and Mexico
In your original post you wrote, "...distributors in Mexico (the country from which the majority of this highly addictive form of meth is coming from..." Not sure what you meant, then.

No argument about the open borders. The Libertarians want it, the NAFTAites want it, big trans-national corporations want it, but I'm with you. I don't want it.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks for asking! I hear "thank you for choosing [insert pizza joint], how can I help you?" Between the lines I hear from my wallet, "that meal was dirt cheap!" From a distance I see stooped migrants picking tomorrow's strawberries and I hear "no, I don't think a retirement plan comes with this job, nor do paid sick days, and at times I didn't even get paid because the boss threatened to call la migra on me." Sometimes I hear "though with the $40 I'll earn in 14 hours or picking lettuce, I'll have to pay taxes for services that I don't dare use for fear of deportation." This I hear among many other things.
How about, sorry I just plowed into your car and I dont have a license and insurance, sorry your neighborhood is trashed, or that we stole your husbands tools so we wouldnt have to buy any. Sorry you lost your job so i could have one, sorry all my kids rack up thousands of unpaid medical bills, or that we get food stamps to pay for food for my 8 kids, oh by the way thanks for picking up the tab for their birth as well. Oh sorry that I get my money in cash so i dont actually have to pay taxes, oh sorry I can claim 12 on my paycheck so i dont have to pay federal or state. Oh sorry you have to know spanish to buy fast food, I dont have the patience or desire to learn it. Oh but by the way I will only be here 5 or 10 years just enough to suck you services dry and I can have a nice retirement in Mexico.

You hear all that to?

Old 03-30-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:

I already posted, the majority does come from mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration