Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 10:10 AM

786 posts, read 4,733,123 times

Advertisements

If you support an Open Border, a number of groups will help you with "talking points" The Open Border lobby is much more organized than the "Redneck throw the illegals out" lobby who are fighting so called illegal immigration. Here is a few ideas from our playbook:

1) Describe illegal immigrants (or Illegal Aliens) as Immigrants. Blurr the line between illegal and legal immigrants so as to confuse the majority of voters who do not really understand current events.

2) Call Illegal Immigrants "undocumented workers" America love people who work and if they use the word "workers" then these illegal immigrants will seem OK. Also the word Undocumented leaves a vague impression. Most people do not understand that term and assume they are in the process of getting documents or lost them at home, not really in a status that will never get a legal document.

3) Call anyone who fights against illegal immigrants-- one of the following negative words: racist, bigot, redneck, anti immigrant, right wing nut case, a member of the radical right, right wing, or outside of the mainstream.

4) Promote Immigrant Rights as a form of Civil Rights. Give the impression that anyone who is anti illegal immigrant is against civil rights for all immigrants and no better than a bigot from the 1950s. Link the civil rights movement of the 50s and 60s to a movement for the immigrant community.

5) Promote Hispanic people who are more Spanish (European) in appearance as role models for the Hispanic community instead of Indian based Hispanics who are more likely to be an illegal immigrant. Or use the word Latino, it sounds better than Hispanic.

6) Get the Catholic Church involved.

7) Use slogans like "no one is illegal" "everyone in America is an immigrant" or "America is a land of immigrants" "they came for the American dream"--- to sell people that illegal immigrants are no different than they are.

8) Use the mainstream media to promote stories about illegal immigrants who did well and helped America. Most of the mainstream media support the illegal immigration movement and have very hidden bias in their stories. The average person is not bright enough to hear the bias.

9) Use term like "comprehensive immigration reform" or "earned legalization" These are positive sounding words.
================
The PR war is being won by the side supporting the illegal immigrant community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 10:37 AM

452 posts, read 1,132,328 times
Criminal immigrants sounds better....Someone should take this and right it up in a form for people who are anti-illegal immigration. Oh, sorry...anti-earned legalization.

I love that "Earned"...Like they have done something to earn citizenship. I guess crossing the border illegaly and becoming a criminal is something earned.

Earned-gained or acquired; especially through merit or as a result of effort or action.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:49 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,347 times
Looks more like a playbook for idiots.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:50 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,078,525 times
Default Playbook for the U.S. economy of the real world

Tougher immigration laws in Colorado has crops rotting in the fields as farmers can't find workers. The campesinos -- legal or not -- of harvesting-seasons past aren't returning to Colorado for fear of harassment by authorities. Colorado is now floating a plan to use prison labor to harvest crops. You go, Colorado! Sincerely hope it won't be a mess for you as you convert convenience-store robbers, sexual predators, car jackers and gang members (IOW, the lazy, disturbed, violent and insolent) to do stoop labor in the fields at the barrel of a prison-guard's gun. Good luck!

Last edited by Winston Smith; 03-29-2007 at 11:07 AM..

Old 03-29-2007, 11:05 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
Tougher immigration laws in Colorado has crops rotting in the fields as farmers can't find workers. The campesinos -- legal or not -- of harvesting-seasons past aren't returning to Colorado for fear of harassment by authorities. Colorado is now floating a plan to use prison labor to harvest crops. You go, Colorado! Sincerely hope it won't be a mess for you as you convert convenience-store robbers, sexual predators, car jackers and gang members to do stoop labor in the fields. Good luck!
My kids will pick! I did. How about spending some dough on modernization. Which has been lacking do to illegals being available to do the work. How about paying a livable wage? Sure prices will go up a little at first, greed is ugly, but will settle down. And using prison people isnt such a bad idea, you can pick and choose who to send might do some gang bangers good to do some real work!!! I know here in AZ our sherriff does just that!!! Who do you think cleans your roads?, Get the lighter weights out there . Or maybe some of the boot camp kids or Juvy kids to do some work.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:17 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,078,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
My kids will pick! I did. How about spending some dough on modernization. Which has been lacking do to illegals being available to do the work. How about paying a livable wage? Sure prices will go up a little at first, greed is ugly, but will settle down. And using prison people isnt such a bad idea, you can pick and choose who to send might do some gang bangers good to do some real work!!! I know here in AZ our sherriff does just that!!! Who do you think cleans your roads?, Get the lighter weights out there . Or maybe some of the boot camp kids or Juvy kids to do some work.
Prison labor might work for CO. Seriously, I'm curious to see how it works out in that state. The farmers don't seem to like it because they claim that they need people who know what they're doing and can work fast. Harvesting crops is not as easy as sweeping Coke cans on the side of the Interstate, nor are prisoners as motivated as someone who WANTS to work and survive by honest living in the first place.

If I were a farmer, I'd rather have honest working people than criminals on my property. Highways are a different story, anyway, in that they're not private property.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
Prison labor might work for CO. Seriously, I'm curious to see how it works out in that state. The farmers don't seem to like it because they claim that they need people who know what they're doing and can work fast. Harvesting crops is not as easy as sweeping Coke cans on the side of the Interstate, nor are prisoners as motivated as someone who WANTS to work and survive by honest living in the first place.

If I were a farmer, I'd rather have honest working people than criminals on my property. Prisoners Highways are a different story, anyway, in that they're not private property.
Not all illegals are honest hardworking people, they are criminals in some ways and may come to escape something back home. Being from a family of farmers, I know what it takes to harvest. My family relied on ourselves and modern machines to do the work. Got done faster and produced better results, often two plantings. Prisoners will do the work, especially when they have no choice and they can get paid a wage ( not big) but enough to buy things at the commensary or more free time, my brother is in the state pen and does all sorts of work, Especially when they are 9 armed guards on horseback with shotguns around!!! Although I dont believe getting the muderers and rapists out there is a good idea. I am just talking druggies and gang bangers as well as the Juvy kids and light weight criminals.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:32 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,558 times
If we don't have enough labor to pick crops, the farmers have to adjust. The rest of the country shouldn't pay for this. Nea1 already hit on the details.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:44 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;511517
My kids will pick!
6 dollars an hour, back breaking 40 hours a week, who wants that kind of work? You'd have to be on Meth.. If the illegal immigrants were deported, there would be a massive hole in the national labor market. Why would anyone in their right mind want to pick fruit? It pays nothing and you're going to as sore as a boulder.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
6 dollars an hour, back breaking 40 hours a week, who wants that kind of work? You'd have to be on Meth.. If the illegal immigrants were deported, there would be a massive hole in the national labor market. Why would anyone in their right mind want to pick fruit? It pays nothing and you're going to as sore as a boulder.
Some of us are not weak. Some of us have had to do this and alot more to make it. And we are not going to go back on the labor route again we have already disproved that eons ago. Please just put me back on ignore, I cant take your replies to me much longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration