U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 04:36 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,256,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Why? Do you know something I should know about Media Matters?
Or was it hard to follow for some reason?

People ignore the debunked myths and lies saying its unimportant, and in reality it really is irrelevant Illegal is illegal.

But obviously those made up crime stats are important to their argument, because they get mentioned here ALL THE TIME.
They mention them all the time as justification for the level of hate they have for these people, calling them "criminally insane", a culture of violent criminals, reason for having shoot to kill orders on the border, or to invade Mexico and blow it to kingdom come.

But when those "facts" and "stats" are challenged, they suddenly become "irrelevant".
Theyre only relevant when they aren't challenged, and are allowed to sensationalize the issue.
I don't doubt even after this post, people will still go into the same old sh--. Without the exaggerated claims and fearmongering, they would have to have a more rational discussion on what problems illegal immigration present and how we should approach it.

Instead, they prefer to portray them as raping, murdering, diseased, insane monsters, and themselves as righteous guardians or white knights of the country...from a computer.
Michelle Malkin
explain the misinformation to these people. Maybe they want to hear it.
How hard is it to understand that these people are guilty as soon as they cross the border ILLEGALLY!!!! That's all you need to know. I don't care how they do it or why. They shouldn't be here and should be sent back to their home country as soon as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Why? Do you know something I should know about Media Matters?
Or was it hard to follow for some reason?

People ignore the debunked myths and lies saying its unimportant, and in reality it really is irrelevant Illegal is illegal.

But obviously those made up crime stats are important to their argument, because they get mentioned here ALL THE TIME.
They mention them all the time as justification for the level of hate they have for these people, calling them "criminally insane", a culture of violent criminals, reason for having shoot to kill orders on the border, or to invade Mexico and blow it to kingdom come.

But when those "facts" and "stats" are challenged, they suddenly become "irrelevant".
Theyre only relevant when they aren't challenged, and are allowed to sensationalize the issue.
I don't doubt even after this post, people will still go into the same old sh--. Without the exaggerated claims and fearmongering, they would have to have a more rational discussion on what problems illegal immigration present and how we should approach it.

Instead, they prefer to portray them as raping, murdering, diseased, insane monsters, and themselves as righteous guardians or white knights of the country...from a computer.
and Media Matters has been caught in more lies than Joe Biden.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Reality is even bank robbers get a forgiveness from society after doing their time in prison.

Even those that entered the country illegally pay a fine and now days, get deported for a year before they can enter the country again, legally.

Fact: If they came here illegally it is because they cannot come here legally. The government asks for your wealth (i.e. ownership documents to a home, business, etc) able to care for yourself (as well as a sponsor) and not a burden on our society. Is it our problem? Of course not. However, our system facilitates a job, home, a car, bank account to undocumented immigrants, making it easy for them to come here illegally and settle as immigrants. That system is broken and we all can agree that laws need to be enforced. Therefore, to stop future immigrants from feeling invited, it is vital that we enforce our laws but also legalize those that have worked under a broken system we provided "created" for them. In the long run, it will benefit America by getting rid of "lowering wages" and contributing more taxes as well as paying the fine for braking the law...another contribution to our economy.

and that's the problem. the ones that come here illegally do so because they don't meet the standard for immigrants coming into this country. We can't support the world's poor people. Bank robbers actually get arrested and convicted. Illegals should get the same, arrested and deported and banned from ever coming here legally.
Why do y'all want to reward bad behaviour???

Old 04-10-2009, 09:00 AM

2,491 posts, read 4,802,393 times
Quote:
Before you guys get all angry and worked up like always, before you go in on your hang ups over using "immigrant" toward "illegals", before you shut your minds off, read these articles thoroughly.
No anger. Just want people to follow the laws as legal immigrants have done in the past. "Illegal immigrant" is not the best term. An "immigrant" is someone who comes to a country to stay, not a tresspasser. "Illegal Alien" is better. "Criminal Aliern" or "Crim-alien" is even better....

Old 04-10-2009, 09:55 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Reality is even bank robbers get a forgiveness from society after doing their time in prison.

Even those that entered the country illegally pay a fine and now days, get deported for a year before they can enter the country again, legally.

Fact: If they came here illegally it is because they cannot come here legally. The government asks for your wealth (i.e. ownership documents to a home, business, etc) able to care for yourself (as well as a sponsor) and not a burden on our society. Is it our problem? Of course not. However, our system facilitates a job, home, a car, bank account to undocumented immigrants, making it easy for them to come here illegally and settle as immigrants. That system is broken and we all can agree that laws need to be enforced. Therefore, to stop future immigrants from feeling invited, it is vital that we enforce our laws but also legalize those that have worked under a broken system we provided "created" for them. In the long run, it will benefit America by getting rid of "lowering wages" and contributing more taxes as well as paying the fine for braking the law...another contribution to our economy.
By your logic.
If I don't lock the doors on my house then it is m fault if someone enters without permission and robs me. Because I made it easier for them?
Is it also my fault if someone steals my car if I forget to engage the security system? Should I then reward them for stealing my car because it was my fault and I enticed them to steal it? Or should I ask the police to enforce the law?
We as a nation have a right to determine who we allow to enter, for how long, and what minimum standards we find acceptable. It really doesn't matter if any foreign country or citizen agrees with us. What does matter is that we should enforce our laws, all of them. Not just the ones that will overlook illegals. Deportation is te reward 100% of all illegals have earned and it is the reward that they should be given.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:54 AM

46 posts, read 91,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
dam those foreigners!!! legal or otherwise!!!!

thanks for being straight up, most posters here hide their disdain for all things "different". you just put it out there that you dont like foreigners(and their supposed effects). thanks!
Yes, of course, contrasting this with the idea that everyone has the right to come here and over-populate, and deplete our resources and engulf our landfill, right? Why would anybody want to live in their own country? Heck, the white people have done such a good job of building a constructive society with laws that protect and serve...hey, lets go leach off them! Besides we love pumping out babies! Ya! The white folk they got plenty of money, lets just raise them taxes; They got this thing called AFDC benefits, and the WIC program, and subsidized housing, Oh, and foodstamps! Because those folks don't tolerate homelessness the way our native country does, especially with kids and all. And you know what? It's their responsibility to provide for us! And ya know what?? I'm taking all my relatives with me too! And many of them are sick, they need medical attention, the folks in the U.S. they have this law, where its illegal to turn people away who need healthcare and hospitalization!

And now, some of these people, have the nerve to want to enforce laws that will prevent all this!? What's that all about?? I know! we'll just call them all racist! Yeh! Those dumb white people have been made to feel so sensitized to racism, we'll just use that as our "ace in the hole". Make them feel guilty--it's works almost every time! Just because they enforce these types of laws in Mexico and most other countries is no excuse! The U.S. is different, it has an obligation to help us!

Incidentally, when Europeans came here centuries ago, they had to adhere to immigration laws which were construed with much tougher quotas, and people were not allowed here that were ill or could not be productive. This is would made this nation so great. Oh, and there was no such thing as "subsidies." Period!

Old 04-10-2009, 03:31 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,802,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb62 View Post
Incidentally, when Europeans came here centuries ago, they had to adhere to immigration laws which were construed with much tougher quotas, and people were not allowed here that were ill or could not be productive. This is would made this nation so great. Oh, and there was no such thing as "subsidies." Period!
One does not have to go back centuries. My parents came here in the late 1940's from Europe and they had to proved they could sustain themselves and that they did not have TB.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:38 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,902,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Oh, nobody told you that Media Matters was nothing more than left wing watchdog media with no more credibility that the Daily Kos? MM's usual modus operandi is to determine a conclusion that they want to reach and then go about cherry picking evidence to try to prove their already reached conclusion.
HA!
And your side doesn't cherry pick evidence?
Do you have any evidence that the Media Matters study is wrong? Any?

Old 04-10-2009, 03:39 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,902,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
and Media Matters has been caught in more lies than Joe Biden.
Evidence? Any?

Old 04-10-2009, 04:11 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,399,780 times
Quote:
HA!
And your side doesn't cherry pick evidence?
Do you have any evidence that the Media Matters study is wrong? Any?
Well, the study that you and your cohorts are so giddy about, 'Fear & Loathing in Prime Time' is asinine.

Quote:
We did not evaluate the accuracy of every particular claim made on these topics. Instead we sought merely to assess how often the claims were made.
Any study not based on accuracy but how often claims were made is nothing more that trying to make something out of nothing and getting.... nothing.

I'm sure the follow up study will be on Keith Oberfugle, matthews and cupcake Maddow and how often they have tried to make something out of nothing to get nothing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or