Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 02:40 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,453,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
anchor babies away!!!
I have seen illegals from Mexico drive all the way to San Antonio to give birth. You know, because there are no hospitals in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Yeah, it's very limited coverage intended for emergency use. And yes, it used by women having babies a lot. Unfortunate.
What do you think about the claims that illegals are paying into the system I just asked you about?
And how many of them are working under the table and sending 90% of their check back to their home country therefore, not providing any funds???

Old 04-11-2009, 11:12 PM

147 posts, read 212,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
Well, I, er, did say "speaking Spanish". I should re-phrase that and say "when you don't hear them speaking English, it's a good bet they aren't here legally."

Just to piggyback, I previously worked for Human Resources Administration here in New York in 2001. 95% of the hispanics that applied were 'undocumented'. I did the intake for new applicants. I am ashamed of this because I HAD to open cases for plenty of 'undocumented' people. It really does burn me up when some say that illegals do not take advantage or even qualify for services (Federal or otherwise). An illegal could not fill out an application for Publi Assistance UNLESS there was an anchor baby. The case was not in the parents name, it was in the childs. While I could not open cases sometimes for citizens because perhaps they had a little too much money in the bank, the ONLY, I repeat ONLY piece of documentation required for a case to be open in the childs name was that childs birth certificate. Based on the income of the family (which was none because the income was off the books) they were eligible for the maximum benefits allowable. It's sad but true and it truly is disgusting the way the system is abused. Also WIC is a program designed for pregnant women and children to the age of 5. Ever wonder why illegal women have so many children back to back??

Old 04-12-2009, 12:30 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
And how many of them are working under the table and sending 90% of their check back to their home country therefore, not providing any funds???
That's hypothetical, and there's no solid number for that.
How do you feel about the claim that illegals are pouring in money into the system through taxes from purchases, held from their taxes, renter's tax, etc? That's more of a number we know about.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:35 AM

Quote:
That's hypothetical, and there's no solid number for that.
How do you feel about the claim that illegals are pouring in money into the system through taxes from purchases, held from their taxes, renter's tax, etc? That's more of a number we know about.
what the hell is renter's tax. I have rented for the last decade and I have never paid any taxes on it.
I don't really care if all their income goes to taxes, they are criminals that need to go back home.

How does it feel to have every one of your points proved false???

Old 04-12-2009, 04:40 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
what the hell is renter's tax. I have rented for the last decade and I have never paid any taxes on it.
I don't really care if all their income goes to taxes, they are criminals that need to go back home.

How does it feel to have every one of your points proved false???
There is no renter's tax and that guy knows it. The illegals pay far less in any kind of taxes than they steal from the American citizens and he knows it. It has been proven over and over again.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:29 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
There is no renter's tax and that guy knows it. The illegals pay far less in any kind of taxes than they steal from the American citizens and he knows it. It has been proven over and over again.
Even if illegal aliens do pay sales tax or property tax (the bill divided among 17 people) - so what? Visitors from other countries who are in the US legally also pay taxes. They pay sales tax, they pay a tax if they rent a car, they pay a tax if they stay in a hotel room, they pay a tax if they eat at a restaurant, they pay a tax if they hire a taxi and so on. Does this mean that these visitors should be entitled to collect all sorts of 'free stuff' while in the US because they have paid taxes?

Old 04-12-2009, 02:29 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Even if illegal aliens do pay sales tax or property tax (the bill divided among 17 people) - so what? Visitors from other countries who are in the US legally also pay taxes. They pay sales tax, they pay a tax if they rent a car, they pay a tax if they stay in a hotel room, they pay a tax if they eat at a restaurant, they pay a tax if they hire a taxi and so on. Does this mean that these visitors should be entitled to collect all sorts of 'free stuff' while in the US because they have paid taxes?

Nobody said they did. But if they are truly paying into the system, the impact they are having may not be as dramatic than if they weren't.

This isn't justifying their presence, which is what you focus on rather than what I'm actually saying, but looking at how dramatic of an impact are they really making.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:

Nobody said they did. But if they are truly paying into the system, the impact they are having may not be as dramatic than if they weren't.

This isn't justifying their presence, which is what you focus on rather than what I'm actually saying, but looking at how dramatic of an impact are they really making.
I just hoped that you learned your lesson about trusting media matters. Any news source who's listed mission is to disprove conservative media, can't be trustworthy.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:04 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrapola1975 View Post
Just to piggyback, I previously worked for Human Resources Administration here in New York in 2001. 95% of the hispanics that applied were 'undocumented'. I did the intake for new applicants. I am ashamed of this because I HAD to open cases for plenty of 'undocumented' people. It really does burn me up when some say that illegals do not take advantage or even qualify for services (Federal or otherwise). An illegal could not fill out an application for Publi Assistance UNLESS there was an anchor baby. The case was not in the parents name, it was in the childs. While I could not open cases sometimes for citizens because perhaps they had a little too much money in the bank, the ONLY, I repeat ONLY piece of documentation required for a case to be open in the childs name was that childs birth certificate. Based on the income of the family (which was none because the income was off the books) they were eligible for the maximum benefits allowable. It's sad but true and it truly is disgusting the way the system is abused. Also WIC is a program designed for pregnant women and children to the age of 5. Ever wonder why illegal women have so many children back to back??
That loophole via the constitution needs to be stopped. It is nothing but abuse and reconfirms why people look down on Illegal Immigrants as being a drain on the taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration