U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-11-2009, 07:56 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,805 posts, read 5,138,000 times
Reputation: 2959
1. Clarify the Fourteenth Amendment. It was ratified to give citizenship to the children of slaves, not foreign nationals. No tempting birthright American citizenship, less pregnant foreign nationals of EVERY ethnicity coming into America in order to give birth to an American citizen.

2. Heavily fine and imprison all employers found to have illegal aliens in their employ.

3. No more benefits for illegal aliens. No citizenship--no WIC, no Medicare, no food stamps, no Section 8 housing, no medical care unless a life threatening emergency is in progress. No more freebies at the expense of American taxpayers--no more impetus to come to the U.S. illegally to live at the expense of hard-working citizens.

4. Legal residency must be proven before bank accounts can be opened, credit obtained, utilities turned on, and/or homes can be purchased or rented.

5. In this computer generation, it is ridiculous to believe that identity theft by Social Security number cannot be tracked. Hold accountable the thieves stealing American identities in order to work illegally in this country.

6. Secure our borders and enforce our current law which would be perfectly adequate if it were actually enforced.

Six simple steps and Voila! Deportation through attrition. Neither ICE nor the Border Patrol have to physically deport illegal aliens.

Rewarding lawless behavior with yet another amnesty is a ridiculous proposition and only opens the door to more lawbreakers hoping for the same reward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-11-2009, 08:51 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,157 posts, read 25,113,434 times
Reputation: 3624
The other posters here pretty much reflect my feelings...............with one exception.

Grandfather in the extant Anchor Babies (at least those age 12 up) but newer births will never receive birthright citizenship assuming that both parents are here illegally. Using DNA testing if needed.

Needless to say: said parents would still have to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2009, 08:58 AM
 
8,972 posts, read 10,096,434 times
Reputation: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
1. Clarify the Fourteenth Amendment. It was ratified to give citizenship to the children of slaves, not foreign nationals. No tempting birthright American citizenship, less pregnant foreign nationals of EVERY ethnicity coming into America in order to give birth to an American citizen.

2. Heavily fine and imprison all employers found to have illegal aliens in their employ.

3. No more benefits for illegal aliens. No citizenship--no WIC, no Medicare, no food stamps, no Section 8 housing, no medical care unless a life threatening emergency is in progress. No more freebies at the expense of American taxpayers--no more impetus to come to the U.S. illegally to live at the expense of hard-working citizens.

4. Legal residency must be proven before bank accounts can be opened, credit obtained, utilities turned on, and/or homes can be purchased or rented.

5. In this computer generation, it is ridiculous to believe that identity theft by Social Security number cannot be tracked. Hold accountable the thieves stealing American identities in order to work illegally in this country.

6. Secure our borders and enforce our current law which would be perfectly adequate if it were actually enforced.

Six simple steps and Voila! Deportation through attrition. Neither ICE nor the Border Patrol have to physically deport illegal aliens.

Rewarding lawless behavior with yet another amnesty is a ridiculous proposition and only opens the door to more lawbreakers hoping for the same reward.
One of the sanest, most sensible posts I've seen....by one of our sanest, most valued contributors....yet I STILL say, "Political will".....do we have it? At this point, I'd say 'no'....not yet.

.....Nice, 'American-looking', country-club member "employers", wearing white shirts and ties, being hustled off to jail? How would THAT play?

...Sick, miserable, crying kiddies, showing up at the clinic with their whole family, being turned away at the door? Imagine seeing THAT on the 6 o'clock news!..

...Can't open a bank account, or be given a line of credit, or buy a house? How do we DO this, since banks are private institutions? Can we also tell Home Depot, McDonald's, and Coors that they can't advertise in Spanish? How do you DO this, in a (semi) free society?

...An entire hungry family, being publically told (on camera) that "No hay los Food Stamps....y no mas WIC tampoco"?....no food stamps for "starving people"? Right here in the "richest country in the world"? Where would THAT end up being 'spun'?

Unfortunately, things will have to get a WHOLE LOT worse before your above scenario is ever accepted by 'some of us'.....and it's MY biggest concern that by the time your ideas become accepted as 'the thing to do', it may be too late to 'save' anything, because there won't be much of a system worth saving....and that at that point, we'll probably just have to settle for some half-*ssed sort of 'damage control'...At which point, we'll ALL start beating each other up over the fact that YOUR ideas weren't put into practice "a long time ago"....which they "would have been, if we'd only known THEN what we know NOW". Such is human nature.

As I said, you're one of my most rational, lucid, knowledgeable writers, and I respect your opinion immensely. I guess I just don't have your confidence in "us".

But it WOULD be nice if your thoughts came to pass.....

Last edited by macmeal; 04-11-2009 at 09:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2009, 09:08 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,181 posts, read 9,472,465 times
Reputation: 2977
There are many good ideas on this thread. One additional thing I would do is send a CLEAR message to all politicians that if they support illegal immigration, they will be voted out of office. In spite of growing opposition to this invasion, our so-called representatives still do not take us seriously. Also, I think we may have to take to the streets en masse to make them understand that we are serious.

Cut off ALL benefits to illegal aliens, and have massive raids in every state in this country. Give illegals NO refuge in this country. Arrest ALL employers of illegals, and freeze their bank accounts until their guilt or innocence can be ascertained. Send a clear message that the employment of illegal aliens will no longer be tolerated.

They have mistaken our kindness for weakness. It may be time for a revolution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2009, 09:14 AM
 
8,972 posts, read 10,096,434 times
Reputation: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
There are many good ideas on this thread. One additional thing I would do is send a CLEAR message to all politicians that if they support illegal immigration, they will be voted out of office. In spite of growing opposition to this invasion, our so-called representatives still do not take us seriously. Also, I think we may have to take to the streets en masse to make them understand that we are serious.

Cut off ALL benefits to illegal aliens, and have massive raids in every state in this country. Give illegals NO refuge in this country. Arrest ALL employers of illegals, and freeze their bank accounts until their guilt or innocence can be ascertained. Send a clear message that the employment of illegal aliens will no longer be tolerated.

They have mistaken our kindness for weakness. It may be time for a revolution.
Good to hear from you again....and your post SORT of backs up my above thoughts. I suggested that it "will have to get WORSE" before we take action. Your post lays out a few ways that things MAY get 'worse'.

Middle-class Americans surging through the streets with placards, screaming out angry chants? If THAT happens, I'd say it was 'worse'. But as you suggest, it MIGHT get some attention, as well..(or just get us all locked up). Either way, it would 'clear the air', for sure....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2009, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,157 posts, read 25,113,434 times
Reputation: 3624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
There are many good ideas on this thread. One additional thing I would do is send a CLEAR message to all politicians that if they support illegal immigration, they will be voted out of office. In spite of growing opposition to this invasion, our so-called representatives still do not take us seriously. Also, I think we may have to take to the streets en masse to make them understand that we are serious.

Cut off ALL benefits to illegal aliens, and have massive raids in every state in this country. Give illegals NO refuge in this country. Arrest ALL employers of illegals, and freeze their bank accounts until their guilt or innocence can be ascertained. Send a clear message that the employment of illegal aliens will no longer be tolerated.

They have mistaken our kindness for weakness. It may be time for a revolution.
And American Blacks may again be the 'flash point'----------------difference this time around is they will receive quite a bit of help, shall we say.

Suffice to say: I hope that Obama is reading the tea leaves correctly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2009, 09:41 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 4,570,879 times
Reputation: 616
It is very telling when most of you are to the right of Michael savage on this issue.


YouTube - Michael Savage :: A balanced immigration solution
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2009, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,157 posts, read 25,113,434 times
Reputation: 3624
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
It is very telling when most of you are to the right of Michael savage on this issue.


YouTube - Michael Savage :: A balanced immigration solution
Your point being?

Legal immigrants are welcome here whereas their illegal alien analogs need to disappear out of the USA----------and, take their minor age Anchors with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2009, 10:06 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 4,570,879 times
Reputation: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Your point being?

Legal immigrants are welcome here whereas their illegal alien analogs need to disappear out of the USA----------and, take their minor age Anchors with them.
You sound like a broken record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2009, 10:16 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,805 posts, read 5,138,000 times
Reputation: 2959
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You sound like a broken record.
Uh...yeah.

That's the pot calling the kettle black....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top