U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:07 AM

3,641 posts, read 2,937,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningCalm View Post
I would put our military at the borders and thus make our borders a truly national border, like others do in the world. The border crossing issue would no longer be an immigration issue but a national security issue. I would relocate Border Patrol to do 100% interior enforcement. They would be just like the police but concentrate on arresting the illegal immigrants, etc. on the streets. They would work jointly with local law enforcement and vice versa.
Works for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 09:13 AM

41 posts, read 133,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Works for me!
Yes, it's truly the better approach and actually Border Patrol ("BP") does do a little interior enforcement. If you look at San Diego, you can see BP patrolling areas close to various points where illegal aliens come through. In Jamul, Dulzura, Campo the BP are patrolling daily. It's that we need to allow them to do this deeper. It would actually work out quite well and I'm sure they would want that to do this instead of posting on an "X" <--this is what BP calls an area they are sent to guard/patrol along the border.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:01 AM

1,213 posts, read 922,974 times
Quote:
Yes, it's truly the better approach and actually Border Patrol ("BP") does do a little interior enforcement. If you look at San Diego, you can see BP patrolling areas close to various points where illegal aliens come through. In Jamul, Dulzura, Campo the BP are patrolling daily. It's that we need to allow them to do this deeper. It would actually work out quite well and I'm sure they would want that to do this instead of posting on an "X" <--this is what BP calls an area they are sent to guard/patrol along the border.
Putting the military, probably the National guard, on the border in large numbers, would indicate to future border jumpers that the US has gone to a much more serious level of border security. That would be a big deterrent in of itself. The military wouldn't be very good at interior enforcement but it sure could stop illegals from breaking in. This frees the BP for much needed interior enforcement. The deportation rates would take a big jump. A good use of manpower resources.

Last edited by Roguer; 04-12-2009 at 11:02 AM..

Old 04-12-2009, 06:14 PM

41 posts, read 133,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Putting the military, probably the National guard, on the border in large numbers, would indicate to future border jumpers that the US has gone to a much more serious level of border security. That would be a big deterrent in of itself. The military wouldn't be very good at interior enforcement but it sure could stop illegals from breaking in. This frees the BP for much needed interior enforcement. The deportation rates would take a big jump. A good use of manpower resources.
I beat you too it..lol (see my last post from pg.5)

Quote:
I would put our military at the borders and thus make our borders a truly national border, like others do in the world. The border crossing issue would no longer be an immigration issue but a national security issue. I would relocate Border Patrol to do 100% interior enforcement. They would be just like the police but concentrate on arresting the illegal immigrants, etc. on the streets. They would work jointly with local law enforcement and vice versa.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I beat you too it..lol (see my last post from pg.5)
I was wholeheartedly agreeing with you. I like the idea very much.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:49 PM

379 posts, read 269,212 times
How do you think? People from another nation coming over to another nation's land by the millions illegally is an invasion. It's the U.S. Army's job and the Border Patrols job to search for the invaders and punish them, then kick them back to their own country. It would be very easy for the U.S. Army to do this, all they need is the order from the government.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:17 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,681,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
How do you think? People from another nation coming over to another nation's land by the millions illegally is an invasion. It's the U.S. Army's job and the Border Patrols job to search for the invaders and punish them, then kick them back to their own country. It would be very easy for the U.S. Army to do this, all they need is the order from the government.
How do you do this? Go door to door? Most of the solutions suggested here are not grounded in political reality.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
How do you do this? Go door to door? Most of the solutions suggested here are not grounded in political reality.
Are you trying to tell us that the hispandering career Democratic politicians in control won't allow the National Guard to seal the border and the BP to do interior enforcement lest these career Democratic politicians risk the chance of alienating the future Democratic voter bloc of amnestied illegal aliens that they have hispandered so blatantly for?

Old 04-12-2009, 10:37 PM

8,972 posts, read 10,343,357 times
Quote:
For once, I'll agree with you...I too, do not see 'door-to-door sweeps' as being politically 'doable'..nor do I think many Americans would want a society like that, anyway.

But I'll remind you that 'unique' circumstances USUALLY produce unique solutions.....and if a draconian, nightmarish situation of 'sweeps' seems unimaginable, and 'not the way America should be', then it's ALSO true that millions upon millions of foreign citizens, living here openly in violation of the law, putting a SERIOUS strain on our resources, and in many ways "daring" the American public to "just TRY to do something about it", is ALSO unimaginable, and is ALSO 'not the way America should be'...

So we have an 'unmaginable' problem, (one that MANY people are just coming to recognize)...and it COULD be that this problem causes us to take 'unimaginable' countermeasures.....by doing things we USED to think were 'unacceptable'.....because we see around us, a society in a condition we USED to think of as 'unacceptable'.

Having 10% of the population of ONE large country move illegally into ANOTHER large country, I'm sure you'd agree, is not a "normal" situation...and probably can't be resolved through "normal" channels.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:21 PM

379 posts, read 269,212 times
Quote:
The U.S. has the power to do anything. They landed on the moon, have advanced weapons and technology and they could easily get Bin Laden if they wanted. It's the same with illegal aliens here, all the government has to do is say to get them out, and the government can have it done. The U.S. Army, Border Patrol, along with Police forces could easily search them out, even city by city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration