U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 04:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,878 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone.

I'd like to understand everyone's views on how they would solve the illegal immigration issue whether you are in favor (antialphabet, that1guy, blacknight4, iturbide etc.) or opposed to it (arizonabear, mamalute, jjwebster, antireconquista, jdubsmom, macmeal etc.)

Please, everyone respond and be as precise as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 04:54 PM

477 posts, read 571,592 times
Very simple, as I have said before I would put a Federal bounty on illegals of $5,000 per head.

In the long run this would be cheaper than continuing to pay for the mess they are making in this country; killing, raping, robbing our citizens, over running our emergency rooms, depleting our ability to take care of native born Americans and legal immigrants, it's never ending!.

A bounty would stimulate the economy by creating new bounty hunter jobs. A couple of illegals per week would be great money and I am positive they are many who would jump as such an opportunity.

If you took the total number of illegals x $5,000, you're talking about a real stimulus package that would put money back in the hands of what I suspect would be mostly blue collar workers. They in turn starting spending that money and off we go.

It's bullet proof!

BTW< I would want any such program to ensure that all illegals were treated humanely.

Edit: For those who are going to jump in claiming this would unfairly stereotype legal immigrants and others of Hispanic background I offer this. You may be correct, it would
be a pain for those for a year or two while America was cleaning out the illegals. Two years of inconvenience is not that much to ask, many more have given way more to this country, they should be proud to do their part.

Last edited by Ridgewalker; 04-10-2009 at 05:02 PM..

Old 04-10-2009, 04:59 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,633,512 times
I'd destroy the US economy, take away all its freedoms, and generally bring down its standard of living to such a point that life here became so unattractive, that nobody in his right mind would WANT to come here illegally. I'd make us so much like the Third World that it wouldn't matter whether anyone was 'here' or 'there'. I'd shrink our middle class down to about 10% of the whole (instead of its once 80% portion), I'd make our politicians and wealthy 'players' immune from shame and accountability, and beyond the reach of the law; and I'd tell our 60% 'poor' population that they had to compete with the poor of the whole world, because we were "all humans", and borders really "weren't that important". I'd let bad behavior and sloppy living and stupidity be excused as just 'life decisions', and I'd care for everyone with tax money, and I'd remove all consequences for their behavior. In essence, I'd treat the majority of 'people' (citizens or not) as 'children'. I'd continully emphasize 'race and ethnicity', just to keep people on their toes, and to keep them from 'ganging up' on the rich.

This isn't really my own idea.....it's pretty much what we're actually doing, as we speak. It may take 50 or 60 years, but that's where we're going.

Remove the 'bait' for illegal immigration (i.e., a nice, pleasant society) and you remove the MOTIVE for it. Without that 'bait', illegal immigration won't be worth the effort it takes.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:59 PM

2,857 posts, read 5,858,994 times
Make all immigration legal; therefore, by definition all illegal immigration stops. Mankind has migrated throughout all history, and attempts to stop it are doomed to failure as they have been in the past.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:01 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,186,014 times
As illegal aliens are caught in raids etc. deport them immediately. Any illegal alien should be barred from ever coming here legally.
Enforce all current immigration laws and seal the border.
Ensure E-verify is used by everyone-private and public sector.
Huge penalties and fines to employers who are caught hiring illegals.
Cut off all freebies-welfare, health care, sec 8, etc. to illegal aliens

Old 04-10-2009, 05:14 PM

105 posts, read 331,863 times
The simple answer is this. ENFORCE THE LAWS!!! I am so sick of hearing "we can not deport everyone". We do not need to. If they can not find work (E-verify), if they are not catered to, if they can not get benefits they will leave. I am sick of being nice on this issue. We have over 10 million citizens out of work and yet we should worry about those illegally within our country?

Illegal blew it with me and lots of others. The mexican flags above US flags flown around the country. The US flags burned at marches while mexican ones were flown proudly. The demand for citizenship. The loyalty to mexico and disrespect for the USA is in contrast to legal immigrants who work to come here and immigrants of the past who assimilated. I have no regard for these people and do not feel one bit sorry for them--get them out of here there is no shortage of people who wish to come to the USA we can be as picky as we want. KRLA Sunday night a guy named Terry Anderson talks about this all the time--the whole show is on the invasion.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:18 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,179,583 times
It is a simple legal problem. Send those home that are here illegally and close the border and shoot any intruders. What would you do if an extra person decided to move into your house and make you support them. This is a no brainer question that our government is trying to make complicated.

Now the bonus question: What would I do with the politicians that want to keep illegals in this country against our constitution.
Answer: Send them with the illegals after impeaching them. Do you think Mexico would let them stay and support them?

Old 04-10-2009, 06:47 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,902,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boogie Man View Post
Hi, everyone.

I'd like to understand everyone's views on how they would solve the illegal immigration issue whether you are in favor (antialphabet, that1guy, blacknight4, iturbide etc.) or opposed to it (arizonabear, mamalute, jjwebster, antireconquista, jdubsmom, macmeal etc.)

Please, everyone respond and be as precise as possible.

I don't want to jump on you for this, because maybe it was an innocent mistake, but I think it's incorrect to say the people you listed, including myself, are "in favor" of illegal immigration.

I myself use terms like "pro-illegal" and "anti-illegal" just because of the obvious difference in attitudes toward the issue. Not because I think everyone on that side is "pro-illegal".

What I would do to solve the illegal immigration issue? I don't know. To me, it's like the war on drugs.
I don't think it's as simple as saying "let's deport em all! praise the lord and pass the ammunition!", and I'm not promoting amnesty as the final solution to the problem.

Maybe I'd have an easier position on this issue if I didn't see illegals as humans. Then I could say stuff like "shoot to kill orders on the border!" or "weed the vermin out!".

I don't know how to solve the illegal immigration issue. I don't think many people on here do.
I do think it should be more difficult to hire people illegally.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:53 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,049,243 times
Actual enforcement of current law would be a great start. I would also increase fines and yes, jail time for business big and small that are caught employing illegals. I would also like to see more accountability from politicians -- specifically I would audit them every year they are in office and for ten years after that to ensure they are not being bought off by anyone/group. (though to be fair, this of course goes above and beyond illegal immigration -- I just don't trust the sobs in general)
I would make it mandatory to provide proof of legal residency for those renting/buying homes and cars. I would cut aid to the families of 'anchor babies'. The child itself will receive enough WIC for that child alone, and there will be no housing allowances. If the family cannot house the lone minor citizen, then said minor should be relinquished to social services.
I would also get a tougher stance with Mexico. I would impose a high tax to wire money to Mexico. I would work with the Mexican government to find ways for them to retain their own citizens. If that government is uncooperative then I would seal the border by utilizing US troops (which will be coming home from Iraq soon).

As to those that already have an 'anchor baby'. Well, their child(ren) are citizens. They will always be citizens and they have the option of coming back to the US as adults or living here with legal residents.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:00 PM

8,649 posts, read 14,901,311 times
No need any longer to be worried about it one way or the other, Obama and his band of goons, which two of them are Nancy and Harry make that three I forgot Teddy Boy, are going to give them all a free ticket...

But I'm anti-illegal....not that it matters any longer.

Last edited by Houston3; 04-10-2009 at 07:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration