Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 11:32 AM

365 posts, read 756,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Absolutely! It was not my intention to marginalize those who perform manual labor; only to emphasize our changing societal needs. There are many skilled construction workers who are being undercut by cheap illegal labor, as well as unskilled workers who rely on their jobs to support their families.

With so many U.S. citizens unemployed who would gladly work in hospitality, construction, and the service industries now dominated by cheap illegal labor, illegal immigration has become even more detrimental. How can our government justify allowing 20+ million illegal aliens to live in this country, when we have 13 million (and growing) unemployed U.S. citizens?
benicar does the government employ these 20 million plus illegals?
does the goverment employ them as firemen, soldiers, nurses?
thats what bugs me with the mentality that OUR government is the cause of the problem..like macmeal and zacatecana explain it and give it a human touch to the issue...

illegal aliens is like the fruit that was prohibitive in the lost paradis in the bible...WE CHOOSE as consumers as business to employ them,
those 13 million unemploy americans are not unemploy by the illegals...
business and consumers are the ones unemploying them and thats the problem and the root. if illegals had not come we cannot as a consumer society pay more to produce because it would effect profits...so either way if illegals had not come..money would had follow them

and what were seeing is just a tap of what globalisation is doing to the world.

Illegals dont go by our laws because WE TEACH THEM...to brake as soon as we employed them...

like a lot of you indicate Mexico being a third world country or china or even germany from the nazi era have and had better control of their populations, visas, foreigners etc etc...

is not that were not capable we just ignored for our benefit...and all of us here no it but some seem to react like its a third world problem and we dont have any kind of responsibilit of the problems that we have caused....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 12:07 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
benicar does the government employ these 20 million plus illegals?
does the goverment employ them as firemen, soldiers, nurses?
thats what bugs me with the mentality that OUR government is the cause of the problem..
like macmeal and zacatecana explain it and give it a human touch to the issue...

illegal aliens is like the fruit that was prohibitive in the lost paradis in the bible...WE CHOOSE as consumers as business to employ them,
those 13 million unemploy americans are not unemploy by the illegals...
business and consumers are the ones unemploying them and thats the problem and the root. if illegals had not come we cannot as a consumer society pay more to produce because it would effect profits...so either way if illegals had not come..money would had follow them

and what were seeing is just a tap of what globalisation is doing to the world.

Illegals dont go by our laws because WE TEACH THEM...to brake as soon as we employed them...

like a lot of you indicate Mexico being a third world country or china or even germany from the nazi era have and had better control of their populations, visas, foreigners etc etc...

is not that were not capable we just ignored for our benefit...and all of us here no it but some seem to react like its a third world problem and we dont have any kind of responsibilit of the problems that we have caused....
“We” do not allow them to enter our country and break our laws. “We” do not give them tax-funded benefits, and allow them to exploit their U.S.-born children for profit. “We” do not give them a slap on the wrist for committing identity theft, using fake or stolen SSNs, driving without a license, DUI’s, or various other acts of lawlessness. “We” do not offer them a ‘free’ K-12 education, free breakfast/lunch, and ESL classes. “We” do not provide them with interpreters, and accommodate them with Spanish signage. No, “We” are the true victims of this diabolical scheme, and “We” are being forced to pay for this travesty.

Our government and the corporate elite who own this country are the ones who facilitate this invasion. If our GOVERNMENT would enforce our laws, and close our borders, illegal immigration would not be allowed to continue. Now it is up to “We The People” to DEMAND an end to illegal immigration. However, every time “We” complain, “We” are labeled racists, xenophobes, nativists, and Mexican-haters. “We” are sick of this, and “We” aren’t going to take it much longer.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:13 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
“We” do not allow them to enter our country and break our laws. “We” do not give them tax-funded benefits, and allow them to exploit their U.S.-born children for profit. “We” do not give them a slap on the wrist for committing identity theft, using fake or stolen SSNs, driving without a license, DUI’s, or various other acts of lawlessness. “We” do not offer them a ‘free’ K-12 education, free breakfast/lunch, and ESL classes. “We” do not provide them with interpreters, and accommodate them with Spanish signage. No, “We” are the true victims of this diabolical scheme, and “We” are being forced to pay for this travesty.

Our government and the corporate elite who own this country are the ones who facilitate this invasion. If our GOVERNMENT would enforce our laws, and close our borders, illegal immigration would not be allowed to continue. Now it is up to “We The People” to DEMAND an end to illegal immigration. However, every time “We” complain, “We” are labeled racists, xenophobes, nativists, and Mexican-haters. “We” are sick of this, and “We” aren’t going to take it much longer.

Eloquent and to the point.

I remember quite clearly the boiling point of the civil rights movement in this country. The handwriting is on the wall. The illegal immigration pot has just about reached its maximum temperature.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
[/b]

I remember quite clearly the boiling point of the civil rights movement in this country. The handwriting is on the wall. The illegal immigration pot has just about reached its maximum temperature.
Thanks. The pot is indeed boiling, and it will very soon overflow. We all know what a mess that will be.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:35 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
[/b]

Quote:
Thanks. The pot is indeed boiling, and it will very soon overflow. We all know what a mess that will be.
As both of you stated---------------and, my fears that any stereotypical 'Hispanic' looking people whether they are Latino or not who are innocent may be in danger from incensed mobs.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:

ok thats what I been trying to say...we...voted for the government...
answer me this..and truthfully

when the elections were going on...how come a third party offering no ammnesty no reform..no pardon..ever surge thru the voting process?

why did ove 120 million voted for a two candidates saying practically the same thing...

reform? so we ...did accept , what we have... some benefited from those diabolical ways and some did not....
again we give a blind eye to the problem but since 1986 from the last amnesty over 20 years... WE HAVE LET 20 SO ILLEGALS INFILTRATE..
WE KEEP CHOOSING THE SAME ONES OVER AND OVER...
so we are RESPONSIBLE WITH THE MESS WE HAVE...
because as citizens thats the only giving right that we have to have a collective source of power...
and in the last 20 years we have NOT PUNISH THE ONES THAT GIVE....AND PROTECT THOSE ILLEGALS...
and thats the problem that I do have with anti illegals...NOT ACCEPTING
WHAT THEY have done with the country...

but what to heck thats the attitude that brought us to our modern state anyway correct?

Old 04-19-2009, 09:11 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:

when the elections were going on...how come a third party offering no ammnesty no reform..no pardon..ever surge thru the voting process?

why did ove 120 million voted for a two candidates saying practically the same thing...

reform? so we ...did accept , what we have... some benefited from those diabolical ways and some did not....
again we give a blind eye to the problem but since 1986 from the last amnesty over 20 years... WE HAVE LET 20 SO ILLEGALS INFILTRATE..
because as citizens thats the only giving right that we have to have a collective source of power...
and in the last 20 years we have NOT PUNISH THE ONES THAT GIVE....AND PROTECT THOSE ILLEGALS...

but what to heck thats the attitude that brought us to our modern state anyway correct?
I know I am going to regret this but I have got to ask.
You seem to be saying that the illegals bear no responsibility for the fact that they knowingly entered the US in violation of our immigration laws, is this correct?

Old 04-19-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:

The corporate elite own this country. You don’t actually believe they would champion for a candidate who opposes illegal immigration, do you? Money talks; without it, you have no chance of even competing against those with the wherewithal to raise millions of dollars. There are many people qualified to hold leadership roles in our government. However, without the ‘proper’ financial support and exposure, they haven’t a chance.

I am a staunch anti-illegal, but I voted for Obama. Obama received votes from many who oppose illegal immigration. It’s not as though we had much choice. I certainly wasn’t going to vote for McCain, and chance having Palin as POTUS.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
The corporate elite own this country. You don’t actually believe they would champion for a candidate who opposes illegal immigration, do you? Money talks; without it, you have no chance of even competing against those with the wherewithal to raise millions of dollars. There are many people qualified to hold leadership roles in our government. However, without the ‘proper’ financial support and exposure, they haven’t a chance.

I am a staunch anti-illegal, but I voted for Obama. Obama received votes from many who oppose illegal immigration. It’s not as though we had much choice. I certainly wasn’t going to vote for McCain, and chance having Palin as POTUS.
thats where the problem falls and I am not putting words in your mouth or nothing again if 120 million voted because THEY DID NOT HAVE A CHOICE...

let me tell you that the only power that we have as citizens is electing them thats our collective power.

america has have the lowest turn out rates in every election since 1960 within the industrialised nations in other words..the press tells us that hispanic this and we dont want to upset the hispanic voters and bla blabla..but tell me this only 60% of the voters registered vote in other words the other 40 percent dont care...

thats sad what you said and that hurts more and its shows your moral as a country men...

"It’s not as though we had much choice." imagine this scenario

turn out rate for voting 10 percent because the american population was dissatisfied with the candidates and since they did not have a choice decided not to vote.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I know I am going to regret this but I have got to ask.
You seem to be saying that the illegals bear no responsibility for the fact that they knowingly entered the US in violation of our immigration laws, is this correct?
again YOURE CORRECT..ALL OF YOU ARE LIKE i AM to a degree...
what gets me mad is that again

were cops going to the crime scene...when they have occur...why cant we not prevent the crimes from happening instead of responding to the calls?

illegals are responsible for traspassing and violating laws...but the laws that WE AND OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS HELP bind to our convinience because trust me if we had applied the scorched earth policy...

no employment for illegals there woulnt be any illegals...so when we
criticised the illegals why criticised the individuals
who cant speak english, cant hired themselves, the only thing they know is manual labor. so whos more at fault
the intellegent employer, the intelligent consumer that hires the illegal..

or the illegal that runs with excitement when you tell him your going to pay him cash, and on the side during break offer him a beer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration