Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:45 PM

365 posts, read 756,154 times

Advertisements

I heard all this bickering, you know I am glad if theres blood shed,
that way just like america turn into a superpower after the europeans ended up destroying themselves.

lets turn the southwest into a gaza, lets turn texas into a serbia,
and after capital goes to europe or asia for security lets not blame
the stabalise future where this nation was heading

again if we fight WITH OUR ETERNAL NEIGHBOORS others will just take advantage of our default in other places...

our politicians are not that STUPID....but if we do so well...

LET THE MASSACRES BEGIN I am sure latin america will not turn their back for support when bigger threats come...

AMERICA LIKE ANY OTHER FAIRY TALE OR BIBLE STORY... we need cooperation we need unity to make these earth a more stable place
EUROPEANS did you not know the inhabitants from this continent when you arrive? DID THE PAMPHLETS provided did not say that this land
was INHABITABLE by brown people? or is it KARMA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 07:02 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
yes its all an evil bush conspiracy. they covered it up. bush is evil. bla bla bla.

did they also take their plates with them as they fled the scene? did you stop to think that those drivers might have left the trucks to not be stuck in the tunnel. or might have been among the casualties.

either way its pretty easy to track foreign trucks, since very few participated in the program. 100 over an 18 month period. thats about 35 every 6 months. 6 every month. how many trips might they have made?

or is bush also covering that stuff up?

U.S. plans to map out new Mexican truck project
The point is -- they fled the scene. Had they been injured, I believe they would have been found in the truck. If they sustained no injuries, they should have remained at the scene of the accident. That’s the law in MD, and I assume elsewhere.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:18 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
DREAM on. Here's an article from 2006. When you're done dreaming, wake up and fast forward from 2006 to 2009. The current economic crisis coupled with the tax draining of illegal aliens has only added fuel to the fire and a couple of million more ticked off Americans to the list. The day of reckoning is closer than you think.

Anti-illegal immigrant groups launch Mexico tourism boycott | mexico, flyers, say, border, immigration - News - OCRegister.com
What the hell does that have to do with people rioting and shedding blood on the streets? Again, only the nutjobs and extremists would even entertain the idea of shedding blood over this issue. A poll from the right leaning Rasmussen poll even shows that voters are not that passionate over this issue to go to such extremes.

Btw, thanks for confirming with the articles YOU posted that you are part of the anti-immigrant crowd.

Quote:
Immigration ranks at or near the bottom of the priority list for every measured demographic group.
The majority of voters are now more concerned about drug violence from Mexico spilling over into the United States than they are about illegal immigration
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/voters_don_t_rank_immigration_as_a_priority_issue (broken link)

Old 04-15-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
I heard all this bickering, you know I am glad if theres blood shed,
that way just like america turn into a superpower after the europeans ended up destroying themselves.

lets turn the southwest into a gaza, lets turn texas into a serbia,
and after capital goes to europe or asia for security lets not blame
the stabalise future where this nation was heading

again if we fight WITH OUR ETERNAL NEIGHBOORS others will just take advantage of our default in other places...

our politicians are not that STUPID....but if we do so well...

LET THE MASSACRES BEGIN I am sure latin america will not turn their back for support when bigger threats come...

AMERICA LIKE ANY OTHER FAIRY TALE OR BIBLE STORY... we need cooperation we need unity to make these earth a more stable place
EUROPEANS did you not know the inhabitants from this continent when you arrive? DID THE PAMPHLETS provided did not say that this land
was INHABITABLE by brown people? or is it KARMA?

Old 04-15-2009, 07:34 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Agreed, most americans are not that concerned about it enough to riot or shed blood.
......agreed; and this "fact" has been heavily relied upon in the on-going 'drama'. Let's hope that 'reliance' isn't in vain; it would be awful if these 'unconcerned' Americans ever changed their minds...so far, I'll agree with you.... these Americans have been a prety laid-back bunch, for sure.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
This is one of the most idiotic generalizations I have ever read. Please tell that to the neurosurgeon who is up at 2 AM because some cholo drove himself into a tree. Tell him that he does not have any work ethic while he stands there picking pieces of bone out of the guy's brain for hours on end. Tell it to the air traffic controllers at O'Hare, the pilots and the flight attendants. Tell them how these mexicans work soooo much harder than they do. Or the teachers, accountants, nurses, police and firemen, geologists, biologists, lawyers, medical researchers and business people, who on a daily basis do jobs that an illegal could not perform if their life depended on it. Tell them what lazy gringos they are.

Now this is the most amazing thing............ if the mexicans are such 'hard workers', how come their Homeland looks the way it does? To hear people like you talk, the place should look like Singapore or something. And unless my memory fails me, the 'siesta' did not originate in the US.
wow friend you dismissed an entire nation with a few sneers and some name calling.
i read your profile why all the hate towards latinos.
i have a dream.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 04-15-2009 at 10:46 PM..

Old 04-15-2009, 10:55 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
wow friend you dismissed an entire nation with a few sneers and some name calling.
i read your profile why all the hate towards latinos.
i have a dream.
What do you call this?

Quote:
americans hate unions, most of their young have no work ethic.
not true of mexican people.
for those of you on the couch watching football and drinking beer as our lives slip away, this is called an end run.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:06 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Unions members are getting a venomous taste of scab labor during this recession. During good times scabs were tolerated but I think trying to organize 9-12 million scab workers is a turn for the worst.
For the record, the last time I was in San Felipe I saw plenty of local people passed out surrounded by liquor bottles in their front yards so "lazy" knows no boundaries.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:57 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
this was a crash that happened in a tunnel. a massive pile up. are you really gunna stay in a smoke filled tunnel with twisted cars left and right?

im finding the nearest exit. ill deal with the car/exchange of info later.

but i still doubt the claim about the abandoned trucks. anybody have that article?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The point is -- they fled the scene. Had they been injured, I believe they would have been found in the truck. If they sustained no injuries, they should have remained at the scene of the accident. That’s the law in MD, and I assume elsewhere.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
this was a crash that happened in a tunnel. a massive pile up. are you really gunna stay in a smoke filled tunnel with twisted cars left and right?

im finding the nearest exit. ill deal with the car/exchange of info later.
but i still doubt the claim about the abandoned trucks. anybody have that article?
They didn’t have to remain in the tunnel to remain at the scene, did they? C’mon, I wasn’t suggesting that they should have subjected themselves to asphyxiation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration