U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times

Advertisements

Obviously, they do not discriminate when collecting union dues. Nor, do they give a damn about U.S. workers.

Quote:
The nationís two major labor federations have agreed for the first time to join forces to support an overhaul of the immigration system, leaders of both organizations said on Monday. The accord could give President Obama significant support among unions as he revisits the stormy issue in the midst of the recession.

John Sweeney, president of the A.F.L.-C.I.O., top, and Joe T. Hansen, leader of Change to Win, have agreed to join forces in the debate over overhauling immigration policies. When the issue last came up, the groups were divided, and legislation failed.

The accord endorses legalizing the status of illegal immigrants already in the United States and opposes any large new program for employers to bring in temporary immigrant workers, officials of both federations said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/14/us...ml?_r=1&ref=us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 09:12 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Obviously, they do not discriminate when collecting union dues. Nor, do they give a damn about U.S. workers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/14/us...ml?_r=1&ref=us
Apparently 10 million U.S workers disagree with you.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:20 PM

365 posts, read 667,589 times
once step at a time, I am still waiting to see the millions coming out
to fight the evilmongers...because they say illegals are such a big threat....

Old 04-14-2009, 09:22 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
americans hate unions, most of their young have no work ethic.
not true of mexican people.
for those of you on the couch watching football and drinking beer as our lives slip away, this is called an end run.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:30 PM

365 posts, read 667,589 times
I called it capitalism in its truest form...

Old 04-14-2009, 11:13 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
americans hate unions, most of their young have no work ethic.
not true of mexican people.

for those of you on the couch watching football and drinking beer as our lives slip away, this is called an end run.
This is one of the most idiotic generalizations I have ever read. Please tell that to the neurosurgeon who is up at 2 AM because some cholo drove himself into a tree. Tell him that he does not have any work ethic while he stands there picking pieces of bone out of the guy's brain for hours on end. Tell it to the air traffic controllers at O'Hare, the pilots and the flight attendants. Tell them how these mexicans work soooo much harder than they do. Or the teachers, accountants, nurses, police and firemen, geologists, biologists, lawyers, medical researchers and business people, who on a daily basis do jobs that an illegal could not perform if their life depended on it. Tell them what lazy gringos they are.

Now this is the most amazing thing............ if the mexicans are such 'hard workers', how come their Homeland looks the way it does? To hear people like you talk, the place should look like Singapore or something. And unless my memory fails me, the 'siesta' did not originate in the US.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Apparently 10 million U.S workers disagree with you.
Obviously, you have no knowledge of how unions actually operate. It is the chauffeur-driven executives of these organizations who pull the strings, not the rank and file dues-paying members. Many members are mere sheeple being blindly led to believe their best interest is being represented by a benevolent leadership; when nothing could be further from the truth. Do they manage to negotiate higher pay and benefits for their members? Absolutely!

The Teamsters were also supportive of illegal immigration until the Mexican truckers started rolling into this country, and threatening their profits. As long as the cheap labor didnít negatively impact them, all was well. It is also the leaders who reap the greatest benefit from the contributions; which is precisely why there has been so much corruption. Does Jimmy Hoffa or the Mafia ring a bell? I have dealt with union leaders for many years, so please spare me. They are as morally bankrupt as politicians.

Next, I guess youíll claim the IA Chamber of Commerce (formerly the U.S. Chamber of Commerce) represents the interests of U.S. workers. Only the pro-illegal ACLU can rival their anti-Americanism.

Do you actually believe the members voted to support illegal aliens? Please.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
once step at a time, I am still waiting to see the millions coming out
to fight the evilmongers...because they say illegals are such a big threat....

You may not have to wait too long; but patience is a virtue.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:30 AM

5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
and you think "mexicans" arent doctors and cops and electricians?

in this world there are people who work hard and people who dont. that transcends race or ethnicity.

i think the poster was talking about the younger generations. except i think he was referring more to those privileged brats that live off of mommy and dont work as teens, which may also inlcude some "mexicans".

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
This is one of the most idiotic generalizations I have ever read. Please tell that to the neurosurgeon who is up at 2 AM because some cholo drove himself into a tree. Tell him that he does not have any work ethic while he stands there picking pieces of bone out of the guy's brain for hours on end. Tell it to the air traffic controllers at O'Hare, the pilots and the flight attendants. Tell them how these mexicans work soooo much harder than they do. Or the teachers, accountants, nurses, police and firemen, geologists, biologists, lawyers, medical researchers and business people, who on a daily basis do jobs that an illegal could not perform if their life depended on it. Tell them what lazy gringos they are.

Now this is the most amazing thing............ if the mexicans are such 'hard workers', how come their Homeland looks the way it does? To hear people like you talk, the place should look like Singapore or something. And unless my memory fails me, the 'siesta' did not originate in the US.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:38 AM

5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
the mex truckers did not impact the US truckers how you think they did. what the US did was create a pilot program of about 100 truckoperators to come to the US. these trucks exceeded US safety standards and performed better than US trucks.

it wasnt till people got into the ears of the US truckers that they had a problem with this US program. they were fed bad information and propaganda and they think the US will be over run with MEX trucks. thats not the case.

it happens often.

as for the unions, well they want to halt any more workers comng in, but they also want to legalize those workers already here. they also want to look at what ramifications will come about in legalizing this work force. but it seems that they might benefit more than be harmed.

but only time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Obviously, you have no knowledge of how unions actually operate. It is the chauffeur-driven executives of these organizations who pull the strings, not the rank and file dues-paying members. Many members are mere sheeple being blindly led to believe their best interest is being represented by a benevolent leadership; when nothing could be further from the truth. Do they manage to negotiate higher pay and benefits for their members? Absolutely!

The Teamsters were also supportive of illegal immigration until the Mexican truckers started rolling into this country, and threatening their profits. As long as the cheap labor didn’t negatively impact them, all was well. It is also the leaders who reap the greatest benefit from the contributions; which is precisely why there has been so much corruption. Does Jimmy Hoffa or the Mafia ring a bell? I have dealt with union leaders for many years, so please spare me. They are as morally bankrupt as politicians.

Next, I guess you’ll claim the IA Chamber of Commerce (formerly the U.S. Chamber of Commerce) represents the interests of U.S. workers. Only the pro-illegal ACLU can rival their anti-Americanism.

Do you actually believe the members voted to support illegal aliens? Please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or