Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:47 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It’s intimidation at its best. However, this is one American who refuses to acquiesce. I fervently believe in this cause, and I will NOT be silenced. They can call me whatever they choose, because I really don’t care.
Yeppers: the pro illegal apologists seem to shrivel up whenever I state that I am prejudiced against illegal aliens---------------irrespective of said criminals' actual race/ethnicity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 05:07 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What on earth was I thinking? Thanks for returning me to reality.

Have you ever wondered why it’s ok for illegals and their supporters to protest or violate the freedom of speech of others; but it’s considered racist and extremist for opponents of illegals to express ANY disdain?

They may not have “legally” silenced opposition to illegal immigration; but they certainly have tacitly. People are so afraid of being labeled a racist, they’ve become PC wimps. It’s rather sad.
Agreed. However, I do believe that PC is succumbing to the anger and frustration of Americans being fed up with rising taxes, overcrowding of our schools and pressing 2 for English amongst other things.

In the words of Sam Cooke: A change is gonna come.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:29 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Yeppers: the pro illegal apologists seem to shrivel up whenever I state that I am prejudiced against illegal aliens---------------irrespective of said criminals' actual race/ethnicity.
The myth is that those opposed are all Caucasian males driving big lifted trucks. The reality is that those who oppose include Black, Red and Brown Americans! Pulling out the race card to a table of every color is starting to back fire.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:35 AM

436 posts, read 755,523 times
This incident reminds me of another incident with Tom Tancredo a few years ago , when he was marked as a racist because he criticized a Colorado newspaper for advocating in-state tuition for illegals.
I remember being shocked, because all the outrage was directed toward Tancredo.
The irony, some of these kids complain about tuition cost.

Does anyone remember this? I'll try googling it later.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:35 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. However, I do believe that PC is succumbing to the anger and frustration of Americans being fed up with rising taxes, overcrowding of our schools and pressing 2 for English amongst other things.

In the words of Sam Cooke: A change is gonna come.
Sam Cooke? I'm not sure I'd be quoting HIM, if I were you. He was a heck of a singer, but apparently not much of a scholar. For example, He didn't know much about History, nor Biology, nor a Science book, nor even the French he took. Nor did he know much about Geography, Trigonometry, nor Algebra, nor even the purpose of a slide rule. He CERTAINLY, by his own admission, wasn't an "A" student.

Did Sam Cooke know anything about illegal immigration? I don't know....he never seemed to mention it. But he sure didn't know about MUCH, to hear him tell it...

Old 04-16-2009, 10:34 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The myth is that those opposed are all Caucasian males driving big lifted trucks. The reality is that those who oppose include Black, Red and Brown Americans! Pulling out the race card to a table of every color is starting to back fire.
You know that and I know that: just that the pro illegal apologists see all of above at the table wearing Klan robes........which would cover up different races/ethnicities

Side note: despite my being undisputably 'White'; I would not own a lifted truck--------unless I was a Rubicon rock crawler.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Sam Cooke? I'm not sure I'd be quoting HIM, if I were you. He was a heck of a singer, but apparently not much of a scholar. For example, He didn't know much about History, nor Biology, nor a Science book, nor even the French he took. Nor did he know much about Geography, Trigonometry, nor Algebra, nor even the purpose of a slide rule. He CERTAINLY, by his own admission, wasn't an "A" student.

Did Sam Cooke know anything about illegal immigration? I don't know....he never seemed to mention it. But he sure didn't know about MUCH, to hear him tell it...
Sam Cooke was a very wise man. He knew the civil rights movement would bring about a change and he just may have had a premonition that the invasion of those primarily from SOB would bring about the death of America.

BTW, Sam Cooke used to sing in the choir with my mother. Kind of makes me wish he were still here so I could ask him about the illegal alien invasion.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Sam Cooke was a very wise man. He knew the civil rights movement would bring about a change and he just may have had a premonition that the invasion of those primarily from SOB would bring about the death of America.

BTW, Sam Cooke used to sing in the choir with my mother. Kind of makes me wish he were still here so I could ask him about the illegal alien invasion.
He was a great artist and died way too early, when I was pretty young myself. I have a few of his albums. Didn't realize you had a personal connection.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
He was a great artist and died way too early, when I was pretty young myself. I have a few of his albums. Didn't realize you had a personal connection.
He was one of the great ones wasn't he? Although I was a toddler I actually remember him visiting our home on many occasions. Later down the road when he hit it big, he still came around but not often. Ever hear of Rev. Milton Bronson & the Thompson Community Singers? It was full of future R&B stars: Aretha Franklin came from that same choir as well.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
He was one of the great ones wasn't he? Although I was a toddler I actually remember him visiting our home on many occasions. Later down the road when he hit it big, he still came around but not often. Ever hear of Rev. Milton Bronson & the Thompson Community Singers? It was full of future R&B stars: Aretha Franklin came from that same choir as well.
Not familiar with the Rev. Bronson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration