Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 10:34 AM

943 posts, read 3,159,040 times

Advertisements

The average person does not know that almost fifty percent of the illegal aliens in America came here legally but just overstayed their VISA or came to America from a country that only required a passport and never left.

The business community seems to like the fact that America is so open to tourists from other countries, but if we want to fight illegal immigration we need to limit the number of people who can come here as a visitor also, don't we?

(Or should we not worry about illegal aliens who came here by plane)?

Last edited by Weekend Traveler; 04-17-2009 at 10:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 10:41 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,062 times
50% of illegal Aliens came here illegally? How did the OTHER 50% come?.....

Old 04-17-2009, 11:39 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,506 times
I have to disagree with the OP. How much harder can we make it on the visitors who come here legally? Every time my family comes from Mexico, they either have to leave their property ownership documents with the govmnt. They also need to show that they have money on a bank account and that someone in the family is sponsoring their stay.

What else would you add? If they don't return, the govment. keeps the property.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
50% of illegal Aliens came here illegally? How did the OTHER 50% come?.....
They came here by plane legally with a visa and before the laws became strict.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:57 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,580,420 times
No, we just need to deport those who are here illegally. We shouldn't make it harder for tourists and law abiding legal immigrants to come this great country.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:33 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,849,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
The average person does not know that almost fifty percent of the illegal aliens in America came here legally but just overstayed their VISA or came to America from a country that only required a passport and never left.
The day after their Visa expired, they became illegal. The day they overstayed the legal limit for being in the United States without documentation, they became illegal. It does not matter how they came in...

Imagine you are at a mall and hide in the dressing room, so that after the mall closes, you can rob the place. The mall closes and you are discoverd by a security guard after hours. Arrested for tresspassing, you state "Hey, I am legally here as I entered the mall legally." Nice try but you are still arrested for tresspassing...

Old 04-17-2009, 02:13 PM

The OP asks if we should restrict legal immigration? What is your opinion?

Old 04-17-2009, 02:23 PM

365 posts, read 755,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
The day after their Visa expired, they became illegal. The day they overstayed the legal limit for being in the United States without documentation, they became illegal. It does not matter how they came in...

Imagine you are at a mall and hide in the dressing room, so that after the mall closes, you can rob the place. The mall closes and you are discoverd by a security guard after hours. Arrested for tresspassing, you state "Hey, I am legally here as I entered the mall legally." Nice try but you are still arrested for tresspassing...

the only diffrence is that workers inside the mall that stayed late..or
the fake cops, or SOMEONE...FEEDS..THEM...AND GIVES THEM WORK....
and guess what the illegal has found and accomplince

and when the real cops come...the guy legally working would just say

his with me..lol

these analogies are killing me...
no wonder
all the asians are kicking our butt...in math, science, etc..etc..

Old 04-17-2009, 04:02 PM

838 posts, read 922,003 times
Of course we need to restrict LEGAL immigration and most know it, we see how our country has deteriorated with immigration starting with border cities and spreading. THe quality of life in all aspects has deteriorated for decades. Young people and many immigrants do not see this, but Americans have seen it. Also we are becoming to crowded now.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:01 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,849,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
the only diffrence is that workers inside the mall that stayed late..or
the fake cops, or SOMEONE...FEEDS..THEM...AND GIVES THEM WORK....
and guess what the illegal has found and accomplince

and when the real cops come...the guy legally working would just say

his with me..lol

these analogies are killing me...
no wonder
all the asians are kicking our butt...in math, science, etc..etc..
Analogies are inherently flawed. Legal is legal. Illegal is illegal. Enforce the laws as written or change them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration